Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new resource is incredibly grindy to obtain, and is the wrong direction to go.

Fomiru

The new Kuva resource is incredibly RNG dependent, as it depends on getting a random mission objective added to your mission.  This is completely counter intuitive, as the encounter should be what is difficult and not actually being lucky enough for a mission to decide to spawn it.

This kind of grind is exactly what the game does not need and only acts as a detriment.  What you must do after it spawns is fine, its fun.  But getting it to spawn needs to be addressed.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added spoiler tag

6 minutes ago, I3oggle said:

The new Kuva resource is incredibly RNG dependent, as it depends on getting a random mission objective added to your mission.  This is completely intuitive, as the encounter should be what is difficult and not actually being lucky enough for a mission to decide to spawn it.

This kind of grind is exactly what the game does not need and only acts as a detriment.  What you must do after it spawns is fine, its fun.  But getting it to spawn needs to be addressed.

I think you mean counter-intuitive.

But yeah, DE hasn't quite learned that ridiculous grinds aren't good, seeing as Booben Prime still costs 7000 Oxium.

10 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I wouldn't mind the objective appearing randomly in missions if it also appeared as alerts and maybe also invasions. It's a nice addition, but it is always better to have more than one way to obtain something.

It does appear in invasions, I can confirm, appeared several times during Sedna invasion this morning, siding with Corpus against Grineer. And in an Alert last night, also on Sedna.

Edited by Gelkor

9 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

It does appear in invasions, I can confirm, appeared several times during Sedna invasion this morning, siding with Corpus against Grineer. And in an Alert last night, also on Sedna.

I actually meant separate missions, like Nitain alerts/Phorid manifestations. Jumping from mission to mission hoping we will find a Kuva event is just too random for my liking.

5 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Whats the catch this update?

Kuva. Last time it was Nitain.

They could try making the older resources relevant instead of this hot garbo.

The point in adding new currencies in online games is to keep vets playing. They don't want the people who already have a stockpile of everything being able to get all the rewards right away and then stopping because they don't have goal anymore.

Still it's not my favorite tactic. I'd rather less grind not more.  

Edited by SeriouslySinister

Just now, SeriouslySinister said:

The point in a adding new currencies in online games is to keep vets playing. They don't want the people who already have a stockpile of everything being able to get all the rewards right away and then stoping because they don't have goal anymore.

Still it's not my favorite tactic. I'd rather less grind not more.  

So why not look into resource sinks instead to get rid of these stockpiles. Ill even take a hard cap on resources over this.