Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's only one thing I have to say about the riven mods.

zzuit

That one thing is that they should be for the weapon you put them on.

They would be so much more usable and worth-while that way. As well as since they have a cap on how many you have it's best to not waste them on things you don't want them to be for.

Otherwise I feel the riven mods are a step in the right direction.

Edited by zzuit

and i got for deth machine rifle, while using for Telos Boltor

it's wasn't that bad if the negative bonus wasn't -%slash and the bonus was punch throught... on an sentinel weapon... -_-'

anyway, that topic should have an spoiler tag?

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

20 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Mods riven are trash mods for trash weapons that no one uses. GG DE.

The point of the riven mod system was to be FOR trash weapons that no one uses, to make them better.

However you can clearly see the execution was poor at best. They really should have just done Damage 3.0 like they said.

2 minutes ago, zzuit said:

The point of the riven mod system was to be FOR trash weapons that no one uses, to make them better.

And if DE polishes all the weapons to make them viable without needing trash mods and annoying mechanics?

I do not agree, the system as is potentially breeds more variety.
What if you are one of those billions Tonkor/Simulor users and suddenly you get this great Riven Mod for lets say, the Stradavar, suddenly you might actually want to use that weapon instead, which imo is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

I do not agree, the system as is potentially breeds more variety.
What if you are one of those billions Tonkor/Simulor users and suddenly you get this great Riven Mod for lets say, the Stradavar, suddenly you might actually want to use that weapon instead, which imo is a good thing.

The problem with that is the reason a large amount of people DON'T use weapons like the Stradavar is that they don't like it fundamentally. That means sounds, looks, even animations or gimmicks. Heck, all of those are the reason I don't use it. This mod system the way it is now isn't going to change peoples opinions on certain weapons that they hate fundamentally.

On top of the whole problem where the stats are COMPLETELY subject to RNG. Meaning you can get a bad mod for an already bad weapon. You could say "just re-roll it" but kuva siphons are so rare to spawn in my experience that its more worth it to turn the mod into endo and just try again next sortie than to even try and get something out of nothing. Now if it was for a weapon I WANTED it for I'd re-roll it no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 3:51 AM, zzuit said:

The problem with that is the reason a large amount of people DON'T use weapons like the Stradavar is that they don't like it fundamentally. That means sounds, looks, even animations or gimmicks. Heck, all of those are the reason I don't use it. This mod system the way it is now isn't going to change peoples opinions on certain weapons that they hate fundamentally.

On top of the whole problem where the stats are COMPLETELY subject to RNG. Meaning you can get a bad mod for an already bad weapon. You could say "just re-roll it" but kuva siphons are so rare to spawn in my experience that its more worth it to turn the mod into endo and just try again next sortie than to even try and get something out of nothing. Now if it was for a weapon I WANTED it for I'd re-roll it no problem.

Im sorry but " That means sounds, looks, even animations or gimmicks. Heck, all of those are the reason I don't use i " is a good way to sum it up.
You project your personal opinion on the playerbase as a whole, while not perhaps intentional is one of those Fox News type tactics where they say "some people say etc etc" which is not true, they say it, not some people, the idea of more then one saying it makes it seem like its worth more then it is.

I made a suggestion that the weapons, you equip the riven mod on to unlock, dispositon should be used to determine how likely the mod will be for that weapon, so low dispositon will always unlock for that weapon, medium 60% low 30%

We still are gonna have a low chance for the tonkor mods, but if I'm after a mod for a tetra I don't have to worry about getting a mod for a karak or something.

I mean why make it harder for people to get riven mods specifically for the lower end guns?

1 hour ago, ZoneDymo said:

Im sorry but " That means sounds, looks, even animations or gimmicks. Heck, all of those are the reason I don't use i " is a good way to sum it up.
You project your personal opinion on the playerbase as a whole, while not perhaps intentional is one of those Fox News type tactics where they say "some people say etc etc" which is not true, they say it, not some people, the idea of more then one saying it makes it seem like its worth more then it is.

This is pretty misinformed, because even if you dismiss him personally, he still represents a portion of the player base.

I wish more people were able to get riven mods outside of trading so that more people are able to give their feedback.

People want riven mods for powerful weapons because those weapons were already good to begin with. Sure, if I had something for the Ignis, I'd do anything to make that mod more powerful because the Ignis is a good weapon and it's amongst my favorites. Weapons like the Hind, Glaxion and even the Panthera, for example are objectively bad weapons due to either power creep or their mechanics hinder the user more than help, and are thus tossed aside for something that works; and a riven mod, unless it has absolutely godly rolls, won't do a damn thing to improve them.