Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Just Finished TWW....

notBPNPC

aaaaaaannnd....thats it?

Don't misunderstand, I enjoyed the quest a great deal. The cinematics, the story, the gameplay. It was all fine. But, when I think that this update was delayed for 6+ months, and was easily the most hyped and anticipated update in Warframe's history...... I guess I expected more than an hour's worth of gameplay and story. Not to mention it was far from polished, as I encoutered multiple visual bugs, along with having to shut down my client during the final fight and restart it due to a bug.

So, I guess I just dont understand why this update was so delayed. Yes it was good. Very good in fact. But, it just left me wanting more. I enjoyed it to the point where I would actually like to go back and replay the quest, which, inexplicably, is not even an option. I cant think of another game where story missions are not replayable. Sadly, once I do the remaining few portions of the update, I see myself taking another absence from the game until we get another update 6 months from now...

I can't recall any MMO style game with quests that lets you, on your current account, go back and replay a main story quest...

As for the rest of your statement...I have to agree. This thing was pushed back just so the dev's could "get it right" And it still released with quite a few breaking bugs that required players to hard restart, crashes, and just general visual stuff. Was it better than second dream's release? Yes, but I was honestly expecting more meat considering just how delayed this thing has been.

Where is the "Sprinting is now default!" thing? The Nemesis system we have heard about for syndicates? Arcata PvE melee weapon? I mean the Riven mods are nice, but only for rifles? And they are bound to specific rifle weapons too...why not make it simpler and just, I donno, have RNG rifle mods, instead of em being RNG Synapse, RNG Braton mods...you've just made more work for yourselves when you make shotgun, pistol, and melee versions.

11 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

I can't recall any MMO style game with quests that lets you, on your current account, go back and replay a main story quest...

As for the rest of your statement...I have to agree. This thing was pushed back just so the dev's could "get it right" And it still released with quite a few breaking bugs that required players to hard restart, crashes, and just general visual stuff. Was it better than second dream's release? Yes, but I was honestly expecting more meat considering just how delayed this thing has been.

Where is the "Sprinting is now default!" thing? The Nemesis system we have heard about for syndicates? Arcata PvE melee weapon? I mean the Riven mods are nice, but only for rifles? And they are bound to specific rifle weapons too...why not make it simpler and just, I donno, have RNG rifle mods, instead of em being RNG Synapse, RNG Braton mods...you've just made more work for yourselves when you make shotgun, pistol, and melee versions.

Most other mmos ive played I played through on at least 2-3 characters on one account, and played through main story quests multiple times. Admittedly most of them are class based so you need to be able to have separate characters as a primary feature of the game. Also, i dont really consider warframe a true mmo. Either way its whatever. My main beef was what you touched on.

I have to agree as well, I mean the amount of work etc is like clearly visible but considering how quick DE can put out very similar looking content its also a tad surprising it took this long to me.

Also would like the mention that while DE has proven to me to be great storytellers, After the other stuff this seems a bit ermm standard?
The grineer queen being basically a fairytale villain wanting your body to replace her own.
You needing to confront your inner demons, even a hair more information on what happened on the Zeriman, its not bad but just rather standard.

I was personally way more shocked and invested in Ordis his story from the fragments.

Again I by no means want to say this update does not kick &#!, it fully does, but yeah when it was over I also thought of how this took this long...again it sounds to negative and I dont mean it to be.

22 minutes ago, PhoenIIIx said:

It was delayed because the story/gameplay had changed a couple of times over the development. When creating a story or piece of art etc what you start of with and what you end up with can be two totally different things.

I know this is a rather radical idea, but maybe you should have the story laid out and set in stone before you begin development of the missions.

Edited by notBPNPC

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 2:21 PM, notBPNPC said:

I know this is a rather radical idea, but maybe you should have the story laid out and set in stone before you begin development of the missions.

In a perfect world yes but sometimes something may seem awesome but when you work on it you realise it wasnt as good or you come up with a even better idea. Nothing is set in stone especially with this game.

On 11/12/2016 at 7:21 PM, notBPNPC said:

There was also a story leak relatively late in the process, which pushed the update back several more months as they scrambled to write something new that half the internet hadn't read by that point.