[Spoilers] The "5" Button

Hearsay

So spoiler protected title that even people who haven't played Second Dream will be confused!

...but yeah...  I really don't like having to hold 5 to use Focus now.  There are times where I may need to use Focus really quickly, such as to avoid fatal damage or quickly kill or CC something that might output fatal damage, but I'll rarely need to use Transference on a dime.  Especially since, outside of situations requiring the Operator or possibly Spy missions, I can't think of when I'd need to swap to him quickly.  And even in Spy, don't need swap on a dime.  (Which is a shame since Transference is cool, but where else is it useful outside of TWW-added stuff?)  Right now, it's like...

Muscle Memory:  Bombard shoot at me and I'm at low HP?  Quick, Focus Focus Focus!

Operator:  *Jumps out*  Never fear!  I'll save my Warfra- *splat*

So, can it be press for Focus and hold for Transference?  Or let us toggle between the two in options?

Edited by Hearsay

DE did give us an option to swap that kinda thing with the Ivara like abilities, so I wouldn't see a reason for them to not implement that in the future. Personally, I'm fine with it as is, but I can see the want in other players. Let's hope DE has their eyes open.

Edited by SquireAngel
?How grammar do

I totally support this suggestion, it was like this from the beggining... why change it now?

Plus, the Focus ability was always a very good "oh sheet" button, with the new activation this is slower... tell that to a Corpus Tech...

And transference is an ability best used when you are not in danger... so is very logic to change current activations of both features...

Yeah, i agree too.  Tap for Focus, hold for Transference.  I'd also like it if they tweak the Transference system so that operators can defend themselves a little better.  I understand operators being squishy, but then we should have powers to make up for that.  We need some sort of AoE blast that damages/knocks down and to be able to sneak longer (maybe only drain energy while moving in sneak mode?).  I'd also like to be able to crouch without going into void sneak mode.  Sometimes I just want to hide behind a crate to wait for that Grineer to pass without using up my precious tiny pool of energy.  Come to think of it - why aren't the various void powers we get in operator mode triggered like warframe abilities?

I wondered about this too. Focus can safely be used in combat due to invincibility, plus there's the muscle memory factor, so it'd be better if it was reverted back to a press. Then Transference would be triggered by holding 5 instead, making it less likely to accidentally use it in the middle of a battle and get your Warframe's health permanently reduced.