Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon: Smite and Sniping

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Question

8 answers to this question

Honestly I liked the video about Oberon and I will admit I was one of those people that cried rework at the start but I think I calmed down, I only cry retweak now because I think Oberon does deserve some quality of life changes to his 3 and 4

I would really like it if Oberon's 3 didn't end when you or your ally hit full health, just let it run the duration because we both know my ally is gonna need that health in 2 seconds

It would be great if the augment just revived your downed teammate if you cast it on them when they are downed

It would seriously improve his 4 if it gave me like 5 seconds to kill the enemy instead of hoping it kills them because they are too tanky to be bothered about my reckoning

btw, how do you guys use Hallowed ground? I still find it utterly useless unless I'm running melee Oberon

2 hours ago, TheGoodNamesGotTaken said:

I would really like it if Oberon's 3 didn't end when you or your ally hit full health, just let it run the duration because we both know my ally is gonna need that health in 2 seconds

Personally I think the ability should be semi-reworked to be sort of a Heal-On-Need basis - once its casted on an ally it'll "stick" to them for the rest of the mission or until it is used up, and it only "activates" once they take health damage, healing them for as much as it can before running out of it's healing / health amount.

Recasting the ability will refresh and add to the health amount, allowing it to do even more healing should the need arise.

7 hours ago, TheGoodNamesGotTaken said:

Honestly I liked the video about Oberon and I will admit I was one of those people that cried rework at the start but I think I calmed down, I only cry retweak now because I think Oberon does deserve some quality of life changes to his 3 and 4

It would be great if the augment just revived your downed teammate if you cast it on them when they are downed

It would seriously improve his 4 if it gave me like 5 seconds to kill the enemy instead of hoping it kills them because they are too tanky to be bothered about my reckoning

btw, how do you guys use Hallowed ground? I still find it utterly useless unless I'm running melee Oberon

I understand why you feel that way. Renewal is seemingly lackluster, when compared to other heal powers. The thing that makes it *kinda* useful, is even if they dont get the heal in time, the power will improve their bleedout, so you will have longer to get to them.

When he first received his rework, it didnt end, if I am remembering correctly. Consider how simple it is to perpetuate strong regeneration, especially since this enhances bleedout as well. The major problem it has is there are just too many conditions to make the power work, or keep it working. If you have a lot of power strength, it may seem like a quick heal. If you dont have much PS, the healing will be negligible. If you have low duration, the healing takes forever to finish, but the bleedout is nonsense, and if your duration is maxed, your bleedout lasts forever and a day. I had max PS earlier today, with Energy Conversion, in a match with a PS Equinox, and my bleedout was 313 seconds, and it wasnt counting down. Of course, the power ended in 4 seconds, so the bleedout is useless. I'll be discussing a lot of this in a later vid.

That would be insanly overpowered. The Augment should cost like 25 drain or something, and be a ten rank mod. The power to revive someone automatically from any distance would be absurdely OP.

Hallowed Reckoning is what you need then. They continue to take damage, and they produce health orbs.

There are several ways to use it. You can stack it with Hallowed Reckoning, gaining both armor bonuses. You can use it as a massive Anti Status field, if you dont mind sacrificing the armor buff or the damage. Hallowed Eruption is decent, and will easily accomplish a 10k casting at reasonable levels, but it requires so much modding to accomplish it, that the power will inevitably suffer horribly in one of those areas. Damage requires Duration and Strength. Lots of it. Sacrifice either, and you're losing a massive amount of damage. Blind Rage alone can provide a difference of greater than 20k, depending on your build, but you're likely to have a diminutive HG, that costs far too much.

5 hours ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Personally I think the ability should be semi-reworked to be sort of a Heal-On-Need basis - once its casted on an ally it'll "stick" to them for the rest of the mission or until it is used up, and it only "activates" once they take health damage, healing them for as much as it can before running out of it's healing / health amount.

Recasting the ability will refresh and add to the health amount, allowing it to do even more healing should the need arise.

I'd like a solution like "Overhealth", where any from the burst heal would be added to your maximum, if you havent received any healing, or that the regen over time be a pool that automatically fills as you take damage. Or I'd just like the toggle to be infinite.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

Hallowed Reckoning is what you need then. They continue to take damage, and they produce health orbs.

Sorry let me correct myself there, I meant give me 5 seconds (in could be even less) to kill the enemies to get the chance for health orbs since Reckoning doesn't kill or is very challenging to kill with past a certain level.

And Hallowed Reckoning doesn't produce health orbs, I use it a lot with my Oberon for melee builds but I've never seen it produce health orbs

22 hours ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Oberon is a caster, so the drain on that could cause a lot of issues. He'd need something that could be can canceled. Also, I've said this in other threads, and I'll say it here. Renewal is already a great ability. It may not help allies without good survivability so well, but what can you really do about them? It improves more with good survivability than most other healing abilities. And really, allies shouldn't rely on teammates, unless that was planned or agreed on beforehand, IMO.