Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo play - stealth affinity not applying?

LGear

So I'm levelling up one of the new weapons from The War Within quest, using my time-tested method of solo-levelling weapons, namely using a stealth frame (Ivara) to perform chain stealth kills on enemies to rack in the exp. On a Sedna Exterminate, I can usually max out a melee weapon from 0 to 30 in a single mission. 

However, while I was in the process of levelling up the Broken Scepter, I noticed that it seems to level up much, much slower than normal - with my normal techniques, I only managed to reach level 11 - around 39,000 exp on the weapon - from doing a Sedna mission, which seems quite odd considering all the Stealth Kills I did with the massive exp numbers coming out of the enemies (getting a Napalm with +500% multiplier nets me around 16,200 exp). So I ran the mission again, this time foregoing stealth and just killing everyone fast.... and to my amazement, I got around 38,000 weapon exp from the open combat run, around the same as my stealth run!

I need to test some more, but it seems like stealth affinity bonuses still show the proper values from killing enemies, but the bonuses just don't get applied to the weapon itself. I'm hoping this gets looked at, because it makes playing stealth a bit less appealing. 

Telesto - Saturn
Inaros - facetanking everything, setting off every alarm possible, just hacking stuff with melee

Ivara - 500% stealth multiplier for entire mission, no alerted enemies, finesse-run

Inaros: 23,752 melee affinity (29,690 bonus on completion) for a 125 kill exterminate
Ivara: 34,046 (42,558 bonus on completion) for a 121 kill exterminare

Granted RNG is going to mean that the enemies spawn give us a bit of a margin for error - but those numbers should not be that close together.

I think you're on to something with the UI displaying a bonus that is not being officially registered as affinity on completion.

1 hour ago, Avernal said:

Telesto - Saturn
Inaros - facetanking everything, setting off every alarm possible, just hacking stuff with melee

Ivara - 500% stealth multiplier for entire mission, no alerted enemies, finesse-run

Inaros: 23,752 melee affinity (29,690 bonus on completion) for a 125 kill exterminate
Ivara: 34,046 (42,558 bonus on completion) for a 121 kill exterminare

Granted RNG is going to mean that the enemies spawn give us a bit of a margin for error - but those numbers should not be that close together.

I think you're on to something with the UI displaying a bonus that is not being officially registered as affinity on completion.

Yeah, my findings are more or less the same after repeated playthroughs: killing enemies show the bonus affinity, my weapon just doesn't receive any of it, just the base kill exp. 

I'm thinking that this may be a bug with one of the changes made in The War Within, specifically this one:

Radial Shared Affinity no longer includes a stealth multiplier (if active). 

Where the player themselves no longer receives the stealth multiplier from their own kills, instead of the exception just being for the radial shared affinity as intended. 

YES and it's doing the same for focus! I got that focus ball with the 500% stealth activated and got a straight 22 kills and never lost the stealth bonus and it was pretty high level opponents, just to get 300 focus..........is this a bug?? Because whats the point of buying affinity multipliers then??