Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 16 Test Bugged PC

CrazyKavatLady

Hi there!

I was finally able to qualify for the Rank 16 MR test today ( 15 > 16, defend cryopod for 3 waves) so I practiced in the Simulacrum first but noticed it was bugged. The actual test is also bugged, in a slightly different way.

In the practice test, I got the wave counter, 0/3, however eeven when defeating a wave, more enemies would spawn but the wave counter remained at 0, and enemies just kept spawning. This probably lasted about 10 minutes before I aborted.

I watched a youtube video of the test and saw it only took him 3 minutes to complete and noticed a comment from another user saying their test is bugged also. This comment was 4 weeks old, so pre-TWW.

When I tried the test for real, I had no wave counters at all, and enemies kept spawning endlessly like above. I timed it for about 8 minutes before aborting. Now I can't try for another 24 hours but I'm assuming I'll have the same issue if I try again then as well.

Also, in both the Practice test and the real test, I noticed a mix of "digital" (simulated) enemies as well as "real" looking enemies (who dropped actual loot), focus yellow thing was spawning also. The "digital" and "real" enemies were firing at eachother sometimes also. 

Please is this being looked at soon? I don't want to stay at MR15 forever :( 

Edited by CrazyKavatLady
added in detail

Can confirm this, the exact same thing is happening to me at the moment (practice: wavec counter not moving on and no counter for the real test at all) T_T

[Edit]

Retried the test today and it worked normally this time...

Edited by Leleat

14 hours ago, Leleat said:

Can confirm this, the exact same thing is happening to me at the moment (practice: wavec counter not moving on and no counter for the real test at all) T_T

Thanks for the input! 
Did you log a support ticket also? I have, but I haven't heard back yet - understandable since they'd be busy with tickets from TWW bugs but still, I hope I'm not stuck on MR 15 for toooooo long :/ worried since I saw some posts about a similar bug for this same test which are months old

I'm seeing this as well. About ten minutes in and a couple thousand focus gains, but I'm still at counter zero. This is in the actual test. I have not observed enemies attacking each other.

UPDATE: I allowed the pod to be destroyed in the hopes of getting an attempt reset, but nothing happened other than the pod's health was marked "dead" and the enemies ceased to attack the pod at all. Allowing myself to be killed after that also failed to reset the attempt, leaving me dead (with a flashing red screen border) apparently indefinitely.

UPDATE 2: The test worked for me this evening.

Edited by freeformline

On 14/11/2016 at 4:44 PM, freeformline said:

I'm seeing this as well. About ten minutes in and a couple thousand focus gains, but I'm still at counter zero. This is in the actual test. I have not observed enemies attacking each other.

UPDATE: I allowed the pod to be destroyed in the hopes of getting an attempt reset, but nothing happened other than the pod's health was marked "dead" and the enemies ceased to attack the pod at all. Allowing myself to be killed after that also failed to reset the attempt, leaving me dead (with a flashing red screen border) apparently indefinitely.

Yep, just tried again today and can confirm I'm getting this as well if I let the pod "die". Mission doesn't even end then, just stays dead and enemies keep spawning no matter how many I kill. Here's some screenshots (showing the dead pod and the fact I'm still walking around)

http://imgur.com/a/OcQVQ 

No response to my support ticket yet either :(

Edited by CrazyKavatLady

exact same thing happened to me twice 

enemies kept spawning endlessly and wave count was forever 0/3

had to abort mission and now I have to wait for another day for a retest

I got nice riven mods that are MR 16 so wanted to rank up my MR but stuck at 15 for days 

hope support team would fix this issue asap

in a very similar vein, the mastery test for MR 17-MR 18 is also a defense and during both the practice and qualify I lost my wave counter and enemies just kept showing up in wave format. It felt like it was an endless defence mission just with the same exact enemies over and over again. In the practice I scored over 600 kills before I aborted and, once i noticed the wave counter was missing, i just flat out aborted the qualify. I did go back into another practice and let the enemies kill me/the cryo pod to see if it resulted in a Mission Failure, but instead just left me staring at my body and the destroyed cryo pod. I'm able to enter my menu and just abort mission but it seems like im stuck at MR 17 till a fix comes around.

Same thing for me MR 17-18. Tried it twice already. Always the same. Wave counter stuck at 0/5. Gave up after 700 kills with no progress. Even after pod destroyed and me dead it doesn't fail the test. 

P.S. Friend of mine got the exact same thing today, so fix would be nice :( 

Edited by Elenoe

Just got this right now, i was finding it odd that the game was lasting so long and i wasn't even done with the 1st wave, thing is i was already on the 10th wave but the game never moved on, the game always assumed i was on the 1st wave.

Will try again tomorrow i guess.

MR14 --> MR15 test (3-zone interception mission) is also bugged and impossible to complete for me. Strangely the practice test in Simaris' hallway was fully functional. Looking in the bugs forum, there is a post for just about every mastery test being broken in some way. Progress stays at 0, no HUD capturing display. Jumping off results in perma-death with no reset and no /unstuck support. When you quit you get locked out for 24 hours. Have been locked out two times so far because of this bug (I really kind of need this test so that I can use some particular Rivens). Unfortunately looks like the patch notes say nothing about fixes to bugged mastery tests.

seems like there is much better chance to complete this if you start it from Simaris instead of from your ship. But it's still bugged. Only shimmering mobs count.

There are some of them mixed with "normal" mobs (sometimes fighting each other). Mobs waves don't matter at all. Just certain number of killed shimmering ones. Then counter rises.

Still bugged, just came to report this.... I'm giving it up, since it is pretty damn endless. Started from Cephalon room.

Q6WprjL.jpg

yGmGFtm.jpg

Considering The Silver Grove quest is also bugged (made a post about it somewhere), I am finishing my 1st month of Warframe pretty frustrated with all those bugs. Can't even see devs reply saying if they are or are not aware of the bugs.

Also I sucided after the above screens and.... nothing happened as well. Had to abort mission.

xKqGlfj.jpg

And after aborting:

qJ6ClXe.jpg

Edited by toafarmer

Went in today not knowing the 15->16 mastery test is wonky. Used Nekros Prime and a Sonicor.

After 1098 kills I was able to complete the test. The waves spawn a bunch of normal mobs (no simulation/digital effect) and every once in a while it spawns some simulation mobs along with the regular ones. Usually some simulated mobs along with a ton of normal mobs during a wave, then a lone simulated mob would spawn after ages - killing it ends the wave.

Fought through the tedium three times - I wish I timed the mission. So now I'm finally MR 16 but I don't know how I feel about it. Glad I was able to finish it, but pissed that it was so buggy.

I don't know if it matters (some folks make it sound like it does), but I started the MR test from the Liset.

Now I can try to unveil my first riven mod. yay.

Update: 
I was finally able to pass the test (wave counter visible and waves actually counting now) however it still seems VERY buggy so I suspect for some people this is still ongoing - so I'll just post this update here and include it in my support ticket. 

Even though the waves are now being counted, both "normal" corpus enemies and the "simulated" corpus enemies are spawning, at different times and then fighting amongst themselves if they encounter eachother. For the first wave it was just "normal" corpus. Wave 2-3 included both. 
The normal corpus were also dropping loot and focus orbs were appearing whereas the simulated corpus were not dropping loot. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, keep trying daily, mine changed a bit every day but eventually worked so you may have the same luck, it took 3 attempts in the end (with days inbetween of me not bothering to try). 

Please continue to update this thread if you are having issues and submit support tickets so it gets some attention. 

I have the same problem with MR16 test.

Yesterday i did the practice test first and was stuck at 0/3 waves forever.
So i aborted the mission, tried to qualify and got the endless waves again but without the waves counter.
This was all done at Larunda Relay

Today i tried to qualify from Liset: got endless waves but this time the counter was visible.

Same thing happen here too. 

Counter not changing 0/3 forever, no simulated mobs spawning and its my second try too, both from liset and simaris room, after 1k over enemies kill, i aborted the mission.

I ddid read about killing simulated mobs will eventually increase the counter but for me it did not spawn even 1. 

Same thing happened to me but in MR18 test which is the same test I guess just more waves. 

tT5O2YI.jpg?1

Let myself die, but just as stated above nothing happens. You can see the walkers walking around (still are as I'm typing this cuz I haven't aborted the mssion) 

TTyn2A0.jpg?1

Hopefully we get compensation(?) for this because even though I'd love to do 5 waves of endless defense again, I'd rather just get my rank up. We failed because of a bug :(

I think the enemies spawns are completely bugged. The enemies were spawning in large numbers and continued to spawn during wave intermissions, I looked up videos of people doing the test and they had only 34-35 enemies killed in total, I had 244 enemies killed in total in a practice run after I failed the qualifying test. Also, when I was killed, I was forced to abort the mission manually as I wasn't give a mission failed

Practice Run:

DcQqaNV.jpg  

I had the same problem. It took me more than 800 kills to accept i was not going to complete it. I also tried to kill myself to see if it would help but i could nto respawn and they destroyed the point but the mission still did not end. It is definitely bugged. 

I've had this problem too.  During the qualifying test, I could not do anything after being killed and the mission kept going even after the cryopod was destroyed, forcing me to abort it.  When I tried the practice test, there was no counter showing the number of waves cleared, and the enemies would not stop spawning.  

Edit: I tried the qualifying test again after the 24 hour cooldown, and the counter was stuck at 0/3 waves completed despite killing over 1500 enemies.  After finally dying, and the cryopod being destroyed, the mission would still not end and I had to manually abort again.  

Screenshots:

Spoiler

EqZWAqI.jpg

68z7mOs.jpg

Edited by LumisEterne
Additional info

I manage to pass the qualifying test this time with 236 enemies killed, unlike 244 on the practice run. Its seems if you can kill the all enemies fast enough before they spawn, it will progress the waves, but this is still unacceptable, especially for players who can't clear as fast.

AgpTrUI.jpg

Edited by StuphChicken
minor details