Riven Mod Re-Rolls

FaydWF

because riven mods become more expensive to re-roll, i no longer have any that are useful. a riven mod becomes pointless once the time it takes to farm a re-roll for it exceeds the time it would take to farm plat for buying a new one. they should have a set re-roll cost of perhaps 1100-1300 instead of increasing each time. i thought they were great until i realized the cost wasnt set. now i feel like there is no point in playing the game anymore, again.

this update took a year to release. i got an hour long quest that mostly consisted of me wishing my tenno could sprint more often. then i was rewarded with a mod that i could not possibly use for a weapon that ive never owned. once i traded for a mod i wanted, that mod became worthless after 3 rolls. riven mods are a blatant attempt to keep people grinding this game without actually adding anything to make that grind less painful.

It's probably like that because there are some Rolls are are really OP, so i dont see the problem in that. Yeah it's harder to keep rerolling but that's probably to prevent people from rerolling it 1000 times until they get the OP stats they want.

7 minutes ago, Extroah said:

It's probably like that because there are some Rolls are are really OP, so i dont see the problem in that. Yeah it's harder to keep rerolling but that's probably to prevent people from rerolling it 1000 times until they get the OP stats they want.

Yes, because it's a sign of good design, a system where there's a tiny random chance to get something OP, and a potential of sinking months into grinding if you're actually trying to get something specific, right? Focus system at least had set grind goals, where you could invest a set amount of time to obtain something very definite. This system is another shrine to RNGesus, a huge timesink and another contributor to player burnout.

it would be a fine system as long as it had a set cost; but as it is, this system pushes platinum more than anything. you have to buy more mods from people with plat, u have to buy boosters with plat or else farm twice as long. its cancer. since every mod becomes more expensive u always need new ones. which means you always need plat. this patch just dropped, im already burnt out and quitting warframe again. no reason to play.

honestly, i love this game; but i cant imagine how DE manages to screw things up so badly.

Edited by FaydWF

1 hour ago, Helleborr said:

Yes, because it's a sign of good design, a system where there's a tiny random chance to get something OP, and a potential of sinking months into grinding if you're actually trying to get something specific, right? Focus system at least had set grind goals, where you could invest a set amount of time to obtain something very definite. This system is another shrine to RNGesus, a huge timesink and another contributor to player burnout.

I agree with what you say, but i still like the System. Many people don't like the RNG, i agree, but it's an incentive to play Sorties for many people, including me, that have NEVER played sorties before. Also it's somewhat of a reward for players that play the game and put effort into it, even though it's RNG, but come on, show me any MMORPG or ARPG or whatever that has "awakenings" or similar things that aren't RNG. Maybe i just got used to it because i've player a LOT of said games before, but i dont have a problem with it. Makes for some interesting builds aswell.