(Spoilers) The war within was better than the second dream

TheBrightKing

The war within, the new quest was better made, better designed, the cinematics were better, the characters better developed, the queens did amazing in this quest, and i hope i didnt killed the old one (she fell to the liquid so i think she can still transfer his mind?) I loved the personality of the queens, so i hope they can revive and appear together again. The design, the tilesets, the animations, the expresions, everything...

Every scene was memorabe to me, when the queen takes you out of transference, the cave scenes, the orokin theatre, that was awesome, the part when you recover your frame, thats some badass epic S#&$, and the final conclusion.

The voice acting of the queens is amazing to me, teshin did really good also, their gestures, are amazing tho and fit very well.

Ofc the second dream had more feeling and revealed more, but this, its clear they put more effort here; in everything resulting on a better quest. TSD was awesome and i didnt expected this to raise the same feelings, and it didnt, but it was more enjoyabe and well made imo

As someone said on another post "the second dream was emotional, this was powerful"

PD: the twin queens performed awesome in voice acting in gestures i everything, i hope to see more of them.

Keep up the good job DE

What do you think about the quest? (Not the new systems or mechanics or what happened before the quest nor the reveals only the quest itself)

Edited by mstriker

2 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

I disagree, literally with everything you think TWW is better at than TSD.

It felt like a half blown side quest to me.

That's how I feel like as well, it felt like a side quest to introduce the new and useless gameplay mechanic. I hope rework is under dev.

imo, every 'first' is the best, no '2nd' can beat a first. the 2nd dream was the first of it's kind, you can never forget it and your feelings when playing it. it's true TWW had more development time, details and overall better quality, but the 2nd dream is still the best 

6 minutes ago, More-L said:

Lets just say, they upped the overall 'quality' of the quest and storytelling contained in the quest. But the story that we get from TWW does not beat TSD's story

8 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

imo, every 'first' is the best, no '2nd' can beat a first. the 2nd dream was the first of it's kind, you can never forget it and your feelings when playing it. it's true TWW had more development time, details and overall better quality, but the 2nd dream is still the best 

Yeah i should have especified that im talking about overall quality and enjoyment

I know the second dream raised more feelings; i said it in the post, but without taking feeling and story on account this was better made. 

Edited by mstriker

After TWW plus whole night of not sleeping in the morning i was like " What the f***k i just happend " And had to slowly put all things together.. but quest was very nice made and this whole tenno training with teshin narrator and stuff. They put alot of work into cinematics and they look cool AF. But i have a feeling that they poorly introduced those new mods.. and i have no idea.. why void laser hurts Sentients for soo low.. when in TSD it hurt them like a truck. 

Good work [DE] now only fix stuff. :thumbup::clem:

1 minute ago, mstriker said:

Yeah i should have especified that im talking about overall quality and enjoyment

I know the second dream raised more feelings; i said it in the post, but without taking feeling and story on account this was more well made. 

I can totally agree. I mean the details on my tenno were SO FREAKING AMAZING. they made her looks so beautiful <3 

and the lighting and the voice-acting for the queen was awesome 

1 minute ago, CBAROG said:

Well, I disagree. TWW doesn't feel like it has any impact on the game universe. We killed one of the Queens but nothing's changed. Nothing at all. It feels like a quest to get a warframe, nothing more.

Are you sure we killed her? She fell into the red liquid so she can still be alive... in other body

Btw the post is about the quest itself, how do you think it was?

TSD left us with a new system that made our frames feel more powerful and gave us more choices for our builds.

Meanwhile in TWW we got either completely busted or utterly useless riven mods (based purely on luck) and a gimmicky ability that's only useful for 1 situation (farming kuva).

I evaluate game updates on how they change the state of the game and peoples builds. TSD actually left good results. TWW has given us a gimmick and a complete RNG-fest of a mod. So yeah The second dream is the better update in my book.

2 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

TSD left us with a new system that made our frames feel more powerful and gave us more choices for our builds.

Meanwhile in TWW we got either completely busted or utterly useless riven mods (based purely on luck) and a gimmicky ability that's only useful for 1 situation (farming kuva).

I evaluate game updates on how they change the state of the game and peoples builds. TSD actually left good results. TWW has given us a gimmick and a complete RNG-fest of a mod. So yeah The second dream is the better update in my book.

As i said, no talk about system and mechanics here, just the quest itself

Just now, mstriker said:

As i said, no talk about system and mechanics here, just the quest itself

The thing is though, the whole story of TWW revolved around introducing gameplay mechanics, the whole bit, just felt like a tutorial. so you have to evaluate what they introduced with it.

If they had been mostly sepperate like in TSD you'd have a point, but the introduced mechanics where a key part of TWW.

2 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

The thing is though, the whole story of TWW revolved around introducing gameplay mechanics, the whole bit, just felt like a tutorial. so you have to evaluate what they introduced with it.

If they had been mostly sepperate like in TSD you'd have a point, but the introduced mechanics where a key part of TWW.

As i said were talking about the story itself ignoring mechanics, lore, etc. I know these mechanics are key, and come with it but they doesnt have anything to do with the quests and cinematic quality.

Btw theres the feel that these mrchanics are incomplete so maybe in the futire they are updated, and we have to look again to them, maybe then the quest becomes better fir you but now nothing about mechanicas and post tww systems, just the quest pls

Nope, not for me. I don't like the whole "Operator" concept, but still it had some impact, it was keeping me on edge of seat during few moments. I never felt bored during it. I didn't like how it all turned out in the end, but quest itself was fun.

And TWW was very boring. I wanted to quit so many times, surprising how I could finish it after all

I'd say that the feelings you got from TSD is directly proportional to how long you've been playing Warframe. I had just started a week earlier before they released TSD and there wasn't much of a curiosity in me as to know as to what the Tenno truly were. Heck, I didn't even know who the Stalker was back then. I was all like who is this creepy dude climbing up the stairs and why is he talking to himself? (Didn't know that hunhow was a different guy) But yes. It was quite good.

Now, TWW. Where do I begin? Let me begin by stating the negatives. I did feel as though the operator was arrogant in the beginning, but as stated later on, it was part of the transition from child to a proper tenno. The Maw game was quite hard, but yes. A challenge is always welcome!

Over to the positives. I do feel as if DE just totally amped up their game. Down from the first part of the quest, every single mission was dynamic (unlike TSD where you had to do stuff like a normal spy and stuff in the first few missions and with the major part being the last part of the quest). I'd say that TWW had everything balanced and evenly distributed across the quest. The pacing of the story was nice. The music was just CRAZY GOOD! DE? Where is that official soundtrack release??? The Voice acting! ERMYGAWD! It was just amazing! I was quite sad that Mama Lotus didn't really have a part in it, but I don't really care!  I was playing at 800X600 res, but the thing still looked TOTALLY FANTASTIC! The story was quite alright actually.

Did TWW bring about any groundbreaking mechanics or story? Probably not. But it was a testament of the capabilities of what DE could do and will continue to do for eons to come. You could just taste the love and effort that was put into making this update at each and every part of the quest.

I loved it DE. Thank you so much!

PS : Please don't repeat the 3-4 part update system! That was quite a bad move imo.  ;-;

5 minutes ago, CapAllan said:

I'd say that the feelings you got from TSD is directly proportional to how long you've been playing Warframe. I had just started a week earlier before they released TSD and there wasn't much of a curiosity in me as to know as to what the Tenno truly were. Heck, I didn't even know who the Stalker was back then. I was all like who is this creepy dude climbing up the stairs and why is he talking to himself? (Didn't know that hunhow was a different guy) But yes. It was quite good.

Now, TWW. Where do I begin? Let me begin by stating the negatives. I did feel as though the operator was arrogant in the beginning, but as stated later on, it was part of the transition from child to a proper tenno. The Maw game was quite hard, but yes. A challenge is always welcome!

Over to the positives. I do feel as if DE just totally amped up their game. Down from the first part of the quest, every single mission was dynamic (unlike TSD where you had to do stuff like a normal spy and stuff in the first few missions and with the major part being the last part of the quest). I'd say that TWW had everything balanced and evenly distributed across the quest. The pacing of the story was nice. The music was just CRAZY GOOD! DE? Where is that official soundtrack release??? The Voice acting! ERMYGAWD! It was just amazing! I was quite sad that Mama Lotus didn't really have a part in it, but I don't really care!  I was playing at 800X600 res, but the thing still looked TOTALLY FANTASTIC! The story was quite alright actually.

Did TWW bring about any groundbreaking mechanics or story? Probably not. But it was a testament of the capabilities of what DE could do and will continue to do for eons to come. You could just taste the love and effort that was put into making this update at each and every part of the quest.

I loved it DE. Thank you so much!

PS : Please don't repeat the 3-4 part update system! That was quite a bad move imo.  ;-;

Yeah it had his faults just like tsd, but as you said its awesome, it doesnt brings the feeling tsd brought because its not intended to do that, this is not an all at the end quest like tsd, this is more spread up, and its very intense in some moments; it doesnt need a big surprise... because its just about the tenno

You dont enjoy the ending chapters like in tsd you enjoy everything, thats why some people said: is this everything?

Because instead of enjoying it as it is, taking the quest as the big thing, they took as the big thing some revelation that would never come.

No it wasn't , TSD had more lore about origin , the boss actually wasn't scared of us. Though due to the game being less developed and mo-cap being used for the very first time in the game there were fewer number of cinematics but those cinematics were full of surprises.

Stalker and Hunhow ?

TWW felt more like a side quest.