Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Unable to complete TWW quest with only controller

Ditto132

I got stucked during the mountain section of the quest for more than 2 hours, due to poor controller support and/or playtesting.

Spoiler

xYqlqkZ.png

3hCP4cw.png

I managed to complete the quest after watching some youtube videos and ask friends that are online for help.

I have to use switch between my xbox one controller and keyboard and touchpad since the start of the mountain section of the quest.

For Void Blast, the red "B" button works, which is my quick melee.
For Void Dash and Void Mode, I have to use keyboard "LCtrl", "RCtrl" doesn't seems to works.
For Transference, I have to use keyboard "5".

To add on, I am also having issue with rolling in AW (probably due to crouch, similar to Void Dash)

I believe that it is a major issue if it is not fixed by the time consoles receive this TWW.
The quest is awesome but it sort of break the immersion and frustration due to not being able to play the quest just with controller.

Thanks DE for all the hard works :D

PS. I hope I didn't have nightmare about being mawed by Orokin maw repeatedly tonight, just like yesterday...

Controller option is a mess on PC especially in regards to UI where there is inconsistency in usability across several interfaces. I use a controller for the game as well with the older control scheme from years early on in open beta. I personally only had trouble with transference which in order to enable on my controller I had to go to my bindings to map the action on power menu and without even though I had it mapped before the update. Also another thing that I find odd is that you have controller prompts in your UI for the quest whereas I did not, I had keyboard prompts. Do you know why this is? If not do you get controller prompts elsewhere as well, like in your ship?

4 hours ago, Shreiko said:

Controller option is a mess on PC especially in regards to UI where there is inconsistency in usability across several interfaces. I use a controller for the game as well with the older control scheme from years early on in open beta. I personally only had trouble with transference which in order to enable on my controller I had to go to my bindings to map the action on power menu and without even though I had it mapped before the update. Also another thing that I find odd is that you have controller prompts in your UI for the quest whereas I did not, I had keyboard prompts. Do you know why this is? If not do you get controller prompts elsewhere as well, like in your ship?

Can you perform Void Dash using controller? Also roll in AW?

I was running the game through Steam's Big Picture and using xbox one controller. It is more controller-friendly when playing using Big Picture mode, you won't even need to touch your mouse and shows controller prompts. Try it.

On 2016-11-13 at 9:47 PM, Ditto132 said:

Can you perform Void Dash using controller? Also roll in AW?

I was running the game through Steam's Big Picture and using xbox one controller. It is more controller-friendly when playing using Big Picture mode, you won't even need to touch your mouse and shows controller prompts. Try it.

I can void dash with controller, I click the right stick to crouch and a to dash, bullet jump works the same way. Also I'all try big picture mode next time

On 15/11/2016 at 8:41 PM, Shreiko said:

I can void dash with controller, I click the right stick to crouch and a to dash, bullet jump works the same way. Also I'all try big picture mode next time

I can perform bullet jump (crouch+jump) but not void dash. My crouch is LB and jump is right stick button.

Latest hotfix fixed it for me, but it is still kind of clunky to execute. At least now I can play with just controller. :D