Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW Mods creating some very unusual stats

Xekrin

I'm calling this a bug because otherwise it is creating situations where players are being forced to reroll just to get rid of absolutely useless stats.

For example

34y1ywy.png

Simulor mod with puncture?  Thus far we cannot place IPS damage on pure elemental weapons, so this creates a mod where a stat isn't just "bad" but completely worthless.  I've also heard about Critical Chance/Damage appearing on Panthera, a weapon with literally no crit chance possible.  

Stats like these should follow one of two paths.  Either they override pre-existing rules of said weapon (actually giving simulor puncture damage, cute thought, or giving panthera crit chance and damage) or just not be possible as a combination when the mod is initially rolled.

There are probably a few other combinations that simply shouldn't be possible, for various reasons I'm sure.  Bad stats are just luck of the draw, stats that don't even apply to the weapon just force people to reroll it and this will generate despair in players more than anything.

Just found another impossibility stat.  Zoom on sentinel weapon?  Personally I think sent weapons should be excluded completely, but regardless they definitely don't need zoom, unless it somehow increases the sentinel's accuracy when shooting or something.

qqq9XSb.png

17 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Have you tried using that one?

I have not, just reporting what I see.  Since bows have a "magazine" of their entire ammo supply perhaps it merely increases the ammo capacity, in which case it should just use that instead.  Magazine capacity is different than ammo capacity, one being clip size before reloading is needed, the other being total ammo available.

Since the total amount available is also the total 'quiver' size so to speak, there is no reloading of the clip or magazine and therefore magazine capacity either does absolutely nothing or it is doing what "ammo capacity" does which just confuses people.  In either case this particular stat should be excluded from bow stat rolls.

47 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I have not, just reporting what I see.  Since bows have a "magazine" of their entire ammo supply perhaps it merely increases the ammo capacity, in which case it should just use that instead.  Magazine capacity is different than ammo capacity, one being clip size before reloading is needed, the other being total ammo available.

Since the total amount available is also the total 'quiver' size so to speak, there is no reloading of the clip or magazine and therefore magazine capacity either does absolutely nothing or it is doing what "ammo capacity" does which just confuses people.  In either case this particular stat should be excluded from bow stat rolls.

But reload speed does affect bows, so there must be some hidden magazine that reload speed applies to. Whether or not these mods can affect said hidden magazine is another question. Since we have no +50% or more mag size mods for rifles ( and by extention, bows) outside of riven mods, there was no way to test this before, and from what I know of DE, they aren't going to fix or alter the interaction of hidden mechanics until they have to (i.e. Vectis + Depleted Reload).

But until someone puts a +/-50% or more Mag Size riven on a bow, we won't know for sure.

I feel you bro, I got a riven mod for it which increases it's nonexistent crit chance by 115%.... Would be actually okayish if it could crit lmao.

Adding this quote from another thread as further evidence of how some stats need exclusion on weapons.

On 11/13/2016 at 7:54 AM, Xekrin said:

Just found another impossibility stat.  Zoom on sentinel weapon?  Personally I think sent weapons should be excluded completely, but regardless they definitely don't need zoom, unless it somehow increases the sentinel's accuracy when shooting or something.

qqq9XSb.png

zoom suppose to give range to sentinels

i think this is my picture too, sold the mod already though

Edited by onieyez

This nonsensical stat allocation is the very reason that pretty much kills the system for me. I just made another mistake by trying to reroll my mods another few time only to waste even more Kuva which is really only frustrating and nothing else.

This. Thiiiiiiiiiis.

Why are we getting crit chance bonuses on weapons with no crit chance to begin with?

Why do we have status boosts to weapons with 2.5% status chance to begin with and therefore add maybe 2% more, because THAT'S certainly a game-changer?

Why are we getting zoom on sentinel weapons?

Why are we getting bonuses to IPS damage on weapons that deal purely elemental damage?

Why are we getting recoil reducers on weapons with no recoil to begin with, like the Quanta?

Why are we getting projectile speed bonuses to HITSCAN weapons, and all the rest of this nonsensical stuff?

Edited by Jackviator

2 hours ago, Jackviator said:

Why are we getting zoom on sentinel weapons?

Nice, you found a few more I would never had thought of.  Though Its been mentioned to me a few times that Zoom on sentinels weapons increases their range.  Still not sure thats still amazing or anything or that sentinel mods should even be included in the pool of possibilities.

Getting status chance on weapons with under 5% base is pretty disturbing, that would barely make a mark at all.  

Great job on the other ones too, recoil on quanta that made me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 9:54 AM, Xekrin said:

qqq9XSb.png

Zoom affects sentinel range, actually. Honestly, thats... not a bad riven ,it replaces two mods that I'd put on it. 

38 minutes ago, Iceheart125 said:

Zoom affects sentinel range, actually. Honestly, thats... not a bad riven ,it replaces two mods that I'd put on it. 

Yeah, I've been informed of zoom being a decent stat for sentinel weapons since I've made this thread, just never corrected the OP.  There are still plenty of others that are a problem though so I didn't bother.  Quite a few people are more upset over sentinel weapons even being included in the list of options anyway so I just left it.

47 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Yeah, I've been informed of zoom being a decent stat for sentinel weapons since I've made this thread, just never corrected the OP.  There are still plenty of others that are a problem though so I didn't bother.  Quite a few people are more upset over sentinel weapons even being included in the list of options anyway so I just left it.

I do agree, though. Honestly, I hope they implement some sort of weapon reroll, I'd pay out the &#! to swap something like a stinger riven to... well, anything, really. A +damage +punchthrough -reload deth machine rifle mod is lovely, and I love it, but for something like this, even if it rerolled the stats as well, it'd be something awesome.