Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler]New Mods should not be for Sentinels

Hearsay

Or, at the very least, Sentinel Riven Mods should not be in the same category as Rifle Riven Mods.  I mean, there's nothing like the disappointment of cracking open your Riven mod after completing its random challenge, only to find its for the Deth Cube Machine Gun.  I mean... really?  Sentinel weapons are now primary weapons as well?  It's one thing to get a Riven mod for a generally unpopular weapon because, at the very least, you can track down the guy who loves that weapon to bits and trade it to them for an Ayatan or something.  But who's going to want a Sentinel Riven Mod?  Someone, somewhere might, but considering the mods can often roll stats that are useless for Sentinel weapons (Oh hey, + Zoom and + Ammo Capacity for Sentinels!) it'd probably be more productive for me to just turn it into 30 Endo.

So, please remove Sentinel weapon mods from Rifle Riven Mods.  Throw them into their own future category with other Sentinel stuff.  And, it'd also be nice if those of us who wound up with Sentinel weapon mods could get an option to reroll to another weapon.  And those who upgraded them and reroll get their credits and endo back or keep progress on the new mod.

8 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Why not? There's something for everyone. There must be like hundreds of different weapons the mods can be for, so what difference does 5 or 6 extra Sentinel weapons make to that RNG?

Getting one for weapons used only by players means I can take that weapon, add the mod to it, and try it out to see if I can't make something good, interesting, and/or fun.  And if I don't have the weapon, it gives me incentive to build it and take it for a spin.  Its good for experimentation and enjoyment.  Sentinel weapons don't have that though.  You add it and the gameplay does not change except your Sentinel plinks for more damage now.  And then a stray bullet kills it anyway.  Even if I built a Deth Cube, I'm not going to notice my Riven mod on it.  I mean, I put max Serration on my Diriga's weapon and I didn't even notice.

Also, the current set of mods are for weapons classified as Rifles, which are all Primary weapons.  Except for a few Sentinel weapons that seem to have been thrown into the mix.

Also also, to be blunt, it kinda feels like a giant middle finger to have gotten a Deth Cube Rifle when most everyone else are getting stuff for things they can directly use.  But... I'd rather focus on the more objective reasons and less on emotional, hence why that's not in the OP.

8 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Getting one for weapons used only by players means I can take that weapon, add the mod to it, and try it out to see if I can't make something good, interesting, and/or fun.  And if I don't have the weapon, it gives me incentive to build it and take it for a spin.  Its good for experimentation and enjoyment.  Sentinel weapons don't have that though.  You add it and the gameplay does not change except your Sentinel plinks for more damage now.  And then a stray bullet kills it anyway.  Even if I built a Deth Cube, I'm not going to notice my Riven mod on it.  I mean, I put max Serration on my Diriga's weapon and I didn't even notice.

Also, the current set of mods are for weapons classified as Rifles, which are all Primary weapons.  Except for a few Sentinel weapons that seem to have been thrown into the mix.

Also also, to be blunt, it kinda feels like a giant middle finger to have gotten a Deth Cube Rifle when most everyone else are getting stuff for things they can directly use.  But... I'd rather focus on the more objective reasons and less on emotional, hence why that's not in the OP.

Who's to say that getting this incredible mod that adds like twice the DPS or utility for one of the best Sentinel weapons wouldn't make some people want to try and get that weapon then? And for that matter, who's to say that someone will if they get a poor mod for a lame rifle they never imagine themselves liking?

This is largely subjective, so I don't see removing Sentinel Rifle mods as a reasonable thing to do. Specially now that people have already gotten their hands on sentinel mods that, I bet, some people really like.

Also, they are tradeable, so you can always just scrap them for plat, or directly trade them for other Riven mods.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

A Sentinal weapon Riven mod is SOOOO much more handy than primary rifle mods when you think about it.

If I got one for sweeper prime or vuklok... it would be one of THE most valuable mods in game by far.  Why?  Because, while you might use a handful of weapons to rotate thru, you almost always keep the same sentinal weapon.  So if it could be more devastating, HUGE plus.  I got the Harpak.   Which frankly, i'll never use cause i don't like it and it's a waste.    So... no.... please double the chances for sentinal riven mods for me at least i'll get to actually use it.