Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As a new player, best way to spent platinum

iAleric

Hey,

lets say i have 1500 Platinum, whats the best way to spent it as a new player?

I dont want just skins, more like a good warframe(stealth skill+heavy melee attacks?), a pet?

What else would help me, and even be useful in endgame?

8 minutes ago, iAleric said:

I dont want just skins

If you don't want cosmetics, there's only two things that you even CAN spend plat on:

1) Weapon and Warframe slots (also pet slots, sentinel slots, and archwing slots). Just buy them as you need them

2) Trading for stuff you can't grind for at the moment

Buy Warframe, Weapon, and some Archwing slots. (10 warframe, 40 weapon, 6 Archwing) You don't have to buy that many if you don't feel like it.

Buy Orokin Reactors/ Catalysts 

Pick some skins or color packs if you have some plat left.

Never ever buy weapons or frames as it's almost always a waste of money.

Ok, thank you guys a lot.

How do i buy new weapon/companion slots? A friend of mine had a key left for the dlc where platinum is a part of.

Edit: nvm i found it. Someone told me to ,maybe buy an aura mod. How do i buy aura mod?

Edited by iAleric

33 minutes ago, iAleric said:

Ok, thank you guys a lot.

How do i buy new weapon/companion slots? A friend of mine had a key left for the dlc where platinum is a part of.

Edit: nvm i found it. Someone told me to ,maybe buy an aura mod. How do i buy aura mod?

The main Auras that you might need are Energy Siphon and Corrosive Projection. You can get Auras for free from Alerts(time-limited missions that spawn every once in a while) but those are random.

I honestly am a fan of buying a single frame you think would be fun.

Not more than that, but starting with a frame you will enjoy is a good way to make the grind to get other frames/weapons much more enjoyable.

That it of course, if you doubt you will enjoy the base frames. If you like the look of the default frames then by all means hold onto your plat and just play for them.

Slots and maybe accessories down the line.Don't bother buying frames or weapons as you can get them fairly easy(more or less in some cases) so it would be a waste of platinum.

Only focus on slots atm, accessories like armour skins and so is something you can get later easily, especialy when you develop a taste for FashionFrame.

3 hours ago, iAleric said:

Hey,

lets say i have 1500 Platinum, whats the best way to spent it as a new player?

I dont want just skins, more like a good warframe(stealth skill+heavy melee attacks?), a pet?

What else would help me, and even be useful in endgame?

I would recommend you don't buy anything at all until you get a better understanding of how the game works.  That includes all the suggestions made by others above. 

Play for while and get a handle on the game a bit.  See what you might want or need first.  This way you won't feel bad about any Plat purchase decisions later. 

Main priority is weapon and warframe slots... Your account will stagnate if you don't have the space to develop new frames and weapons.

Secondary priority is probably getting some catalysts / reactors to equip on your favorite frames and weapons. Granted, there's a few alerts and invasions every now and then, so grab them whenever you can, but honestly, weapons and frames are terrible without catalysts and reactors.... Having a huge arsenal of frames and weapons you'll never use because none of them have catalysts and reactors kinda sucks. Still, be smart about your reactor and catalyst usage. If you hate a frame and find a weapon bad, don't waste catalysts and reactors on them.

Third priority would be hunting for missing prime parts / special weapons , especially for stuff that's about to be vaulted or was recently vaulted... If you're in in for the long run, it's wise to try and get that stuff as fast as possible, provided you don't spend all your plat getting them. Keep an eye out for great deals on retired stuff, keeping in mind stuff gets unvaulted every now and then, so don't pay 200 plat for a single frame or something.

Fourth priority would probably be rounding up your mod collection with a few missing mods / fully ranked must own... Especially stuff that's retired/rare/difficult to get. Most of that stuff can be acquired on your own, but sometime's paying a little plat for something is worth is... Especially when people sell stuff like a maxed redirection and vitality for almost nothing, saving you a huge amount of endo and credits.

Fifth priority would be base cosmetics... You don't necessarily need to go overboard, just get a few items that look look, maybe a color palette. Try to get stuff that "fits" with most of your frames... A single bundle of armor can go a long way in making your character look way less generic.

Edited by Tenno_Cobra

Yes, slots and catalysts etc. but this guy has 1500p to spend.  That's more slots than he'd ever need.  He can afford to splurge on some frames and parts from trade chat.

Here's what I'd do:

1.  Buy slots only as needed.  It's not worth keeping a weapon or warframe you're not likely to play after hitting level 30, especially if you can get that item again easily.  I keep primes and quest/sortie rewards, I sell almost everything else when I'm done.

2.  Don't buy anything expensive until you are more familiar with the game.  Then you'll know better what you want.  Buy some prime frames and weapon sets in trade chat and save yourself some grinding.  Buy some syndicate weapons when your rank is high enough.  Buy the mods you are missing to compliment your playstyle and gear.

3.  Save some plat for buying Kavat and Kubrow imprints and genetic codes.  That will save you a ton of grinding.  

4.  Figure out a reliable way to make more platinum.  It's not that hard.  Grind and sell prime parts, rare mods, syndicate stuff, or arcanes.  Buy trader stuff for ducats, wait a month, and sell it for plat.  Grind a little to cover your daily expenses for slots and forma, grind a lot to save plat for big expensive items.  

It's possible to own nearly everything in the game buying most of your stuff with platinum while not spending a dime of real money.  Have fun.