Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I find that the Riven system is not explained nearly enough. [SPOILERS]

VinorSion

I figured it out, after a few hours and some wiki searching, but it was very frustrating before that. How would newer players react to such a radical system just thrown onto them with no warning? I think it's a really cool idea, and has some awesome potential but more people need to understand how it works. Currently 'Veiled' Riven mods, with the challenges displayed are worth more than Riven . mods for undesired weapons. This is good, this is ok. The problem is when you realise you can spend 'Kuva', on a mod that is very sub par, veil it, and re sell it as a 'Veiled' mod, to an unexpecting victim who is only hoping to get lucky. I believe this happened to me, because I bought a Riven mods that was already ranked up all the way, and was veiled. The price was low, but I still feel cheated. Please fix this completely abusable and dishonest facet of the Riven mod system. 

Edited by VinorSion

So Riven Mods work like this ... you get it sealed know NOTHING about it, equip complete the challenge and POP now you know What Weapon it's for
Re rolling it changes the Stats and not the Weapon it's linked to. So if you bought a Riven Mod that someone Re Rolled and didn't open it, You didn't get the same Stats They had on it before the Re roll ... the only thing they should have told you was what weapon it was linked to.

So in short if the Stats you got were subpar you just got unlucky, not Ripped off

4 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Re rolling it changes the Stats and not the Weapon it's linked to.

Yes, but the problem is, you cannot tell if that is a true, first time mod, or a re-rolled mod. See, the true first time mod appear the same as a re-rolled mod, with the only way to tell how much the stats have been changed is if the Kuva requirements are higher. 

15 minutes ago, VinorSion said:

Yes, but the problem is, you cannot tell if that is a true, first time mod, or a re-rolled mod. See, the true first time mod appear the same as a re-rolled mod, with the only way to tell how much the stats have been changed is if the Kuva requirements are higher. 

other than the increase in Kuva cost to Reroll yourself ... it really doesn't matter because Fresh Mod or reopened the Stats are different .. the only thing opening the Fresh mod is different from a rerolled one is setting the Weapon. Getting a veiled Reroll can be a good thing if you know the Weapon~

19 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

other than the increase in Kuva cost to Reroll yourself ... it really doesn't matter because Fresh Mod or reopened the Stats are different .. the only thing opening the Fresh mod is different from a rerolled one is setting the Weapon. Getting a veiled Reroll can be a good thing if you know the Weapon~

No, If you trade someone like a laser rifle mod you bought for like 20p and rerolled, they cant tell what weapon they are getting and the think its a fresh one

2 hours ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

the only thing they should have told you was what weapon it was linked to.

I swear no one reads what I say~
They -As in the person- that opened the mod should have had the decency to tell you the Linked weapon. 

If you open a Brand new Riven you don't know the Stats or the Weapon
If you open a Reroll that the orginal owner didn't tell you the Weapon you don't know the Stats or the Weapon

So other than the Kuva cost being higher ... it's no different

4 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

If you open a Reroll that the orginal owner didn't tell you the Weapon you don't know the Stats or the Weapon

I get what you are saying, but it can be exploited, with the previous owner using a weapon the know is desirable. A soma wont be re-rolled and sold as an unknown, but a laser rifle will.