Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual nikana

(XBOX)HenCeption

Personally I'd like to see Nikanas converted into Daisho sets with the ability to switch between single and dual stances.

Maybe just a stance mod that allows switching between the two modes.

Edited by Mints

14 hours ago, (XB1)HenCeption said:

Are we ever going to get those sick nikanas as a weapon in the future

Nikana + shortened Nikana is Teshin's signature weapon. If they were ever released, they should only be given to those who actually interact with Teshin on a regular basis. But how do you interact with Teshin? Conclave.

6 hours ago, Zeclem said:

i'd be all for a nikana and a shorter blade to keep it company, but dual katanas just doesnt fit right when theyre full sized.

That would be a Daishō. Katana means sword, more specifically a standard length sword, which are shorter than ōdachi (longsword / great sword). Historically and in practicality, there is no disadvantage to having two regular (but not large) sized swords compared to one regular and one small sized sword if you have the ambidexterity to wield them, but katanas are so fundamentally flawed that it just doesn't sit right regardless of whether you have one or two.

Edited by Heckzu

2 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Nikana + shortened Nikana is Teshin's signature weapon. If they were ever released, they should only be given to those who actually interact with Teshin on a regular basis. But how do you interact with Teshin? Conclave.

That would be a Daishō. Katana means sword, more specifically a standard length sword, which are shorter than ōdachi (longsword / great sword). Historically and in practicality, there is no disadvantage to having two regular (but not large) sized swords compared to one regular and one small sized sword if you have the ambidexterity to wield them, but katanas are so fundamentally flawed that it just doesn't sit right regardless of whether you have one or two.

Funny thing is that i was in the Samurai Museum in Tokyo last month to know all this beforehand xD

In addition to what you said, a Katana has a design that also affects the hilt (Bent) which is why you never see people use it single handed in real life and most games, the end of the hilt is use to apply the force with one hand and the hilt itself is to control the direction of the swing with the other hand. I bought a training wooden sword that weights more than a real Katana (ironically) from Tokyo and that is what i noticed by using it myself and while checking out the Samurai Museum!

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

On 11/14/2016 at 2:29 AM, Dima19U said:

Maybe a dual eadge nikana un one hand (like the dark split sword ) and un the other hand the regular nikana?

What? that's ridiculous dude, why would we ever do that.....

....when we could just hold a nikana in between all our fingers?

OCTO-NIKANA!!!