Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Stuck on Ice Mountain (spolier)

Steel027

Since submitting this, I've learned more about the issue:

------------------------------------------

Summary:

Symptoms: Loss of "Jump" ability on the 2nd ice mountain

Initial Problem: PC Shutdown while game was active, mid quest

------------------------------------------

Initial Problem and Symptoms: 

1. Started War Within Last Night

2. Got to the part where you have to cross through the bone passage (or else get eaten by the burrowed Orokin).

3. Tried several times unsuccesffuly, It got late but there's no way to 'pause.' So I left the game open.

4.  My PC was shut down in the night.  

5. This morning I launched the game, and it loaded me back on the ice mountain (so at a different checkpoint).  Nothing I'm trying works.  I can't jump or otherwise get off the mountain again. 

----------------------------------

What I learned later:

I found out more about the problem after watching a bunch of gameplay videos.  

- Apparently, the game sent me forward from where I was at after my PC rebooted.  

- It skipped me though the whole transferrence scene stuff.   No wondering it was confusing.  I didn't know aobut void jump.  

- The difference between my game and this spolier video, http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/11/warframe-guide-the-war-within-and-how-to-complete-the-quest/16438/, is that I CAN'T JUMP!  

- After restarting them game, I suddenly could jump and made it past the first obstical.  On the second obstical, I failed to land the void jump correctly.  When I died, I could NO LONGER JUMP AFTER RESPAWN.

- I tested this a few times...since I sucked at void jumping until I aimed it.. each time I failed the void jump, I HAD TO RESTART my game so I could jump to pass the first obstical again.

Edited by Steel027
Since submitting this, I've learned more about the issue:

I have the same problem but I didn't shutdown my computer. I played the quest in a single run but now I can't jump... So I cannot finnish the mission...

Which means I can't get my focus back or play sorties... which kinda makes want to stop playing the game (removing the focus with a content update was kind of a dumb move, and I mean it with love for the devs)

mountain was difficult for me, but down when activate maj key for control the orokin maw. after when back in my ship and show to ordis my new powers, i m stuck in operator room, nothing hapen, door stay lock, can t finish the quest or go outside for classic mission :(

One other problem I ended up running into was with the rewards for each mission.  

When the quest brought me to the Kuva Fortress location (where players are tasked with killing the Queen), I wasn't awarded any of the drops I'd picked up a long the way.  Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal assuming that was the developers' intention....but if that's the case, then more attention needs to be paid to what items are allowed to spawn in mission.  

I was first super excited having found an Ayatan Sculpture along the way, but I was little frustrated when I saw it wasn't actually given as a reward. 

Again, I think this is as simple as DE needing to just decide on what behavior players should be expecting from each mission type, and then streamlining the in game experience to account for this.  Overall, this seemed like a standardization problem to me.

Edited by Steel027
Typo correct