Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't more people play limbo if they changed this?

KisaPrime

I try my best to main limbo because I enjoy him, I can honestly say that I would enjoy a full rework of his abillities while also keeping the availability of being able to pick things up in the rift. His 2 and 3 have odd casting animations that seem odd to use amidst a firefight due to his squishiness. DE said they will look into him and I do hope they do indeed make his mechanics more clear and much more tolerable. Jury's out for me.

Edited by Wolfie758

I think its more of the technicality of rift world vs real/physical, most squads wanna rush and limbo's true strengths are in rift, combined with rift surge and cataclysm or banish if limbo wants to be mini boss killer. Or that most players want to kill a lot with ease or do something with huge effect, which is why I hardly see equinox or banshee or saryn because they want to replace with nova or valkyr or titania or ash etcera. Maybe it all comes down to players believing 4th ability is the ultimate ability when in some frames its just another functionality. Well, thats my perception on it anyway.

I think more people would play him if the quest to get him wasn't the most tedious, mind numbingly painful thing to go through.

I love a lot of things in this game but Archwing and terrible RNG in dragged out excavation games aren't in my love list. 

It is a huge gripe with most players (why wait ages to regenerate energy per sec if I can pick up that Energy Orb right now). But, it is one of the charms that sets the atmosphere for Limbo's dimensional separation niche.

So to make sense of it, Cataclysm should draw in all pickups, carryable items, and interactive objects into the rift if they are inside the bubble.

Banish has a silly design, IMO, as using it on allies more often than not calls for canceling the ability early via roll/backflip; it would be more interesting and tactically advantageous if Banish on allies worked more like Ivara's Prowl cloaking, so they can fluidly enter/exit the rift at their own discretion. For example: backflip cancels Banish, but rolling lets briefly brings players back to the material plane to shoot/collect stuff before Banish kicks in again.

1 hour ago, Ailissa said:

I think more people would play him if the quest to get him wasn't the most tedious, mind numbingly painful thing to go through.

I love a lot of things in this game but Archwing and terrible RNG in dragged out excavation games aren't in my love list. 

Worse than getting Ivara? O.O 

2 minutes ago, mustache_kitteh said:

Worse than getting Ivara? O.O 

I was lucky enough to have Ivara gifted to me but yes, Limbo is worse than Ivara.

I'm awful at spy missions. I rarely managed to get all 3 and when I did I didn't get a part for her but it was doable. Sooner or later I would have got her.

Limbo I will never get .... ever.

I despise Archwing and I did 3 attempts at the first Excavation for the first piece and it was painful. I didn't get the piece and I gave up. I have The Limbo Theorem sat in my quest log and it will never be completed. I can't find a way of deleting it because it's an eyesore having missions i'll never finish (along with The Jordas Precept).

I don't want to tell them to change it because I know people enjoy it but the Limbo quest isn't for me. I didn't enjoy it and I only attempted the first one. It's not my idea of fun. 

12 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I was lucky enough to have Ivara gifted to me but yes, Limbo is worse than Ivara.

I'm awful at spy missions. I rarely managed to get all 3 and when I did I didn't get a part for her but it was doable. Sooner or later I would have got her.

Limbo I will never get .... ever.

I despise Archwing and I did 3 attempts at the first Excavation for the first piece and it was painful. I didn't get the piece and I gave up. I have The Limbo Theorem sat in my quest log and it will never be completed. I can't find a way of deleting it because it's an eyesore having missions i'll never finish (along with The Jordas Precept).

I don't want to tell them to change it because I know people enjoy it but the Limbo quest isn't for me. I didn't enjoy it and I only attempted the first one. It's not my idea of fun. 

That's the same reason why I've never tried to get Atlas, due to the boss fight being an archwing mission. :D 

3 hours ago, mustache_kitteh said:

While limbo is in the rift he could still pick up items and scan things. I feel like that's part of the biggest reason why people tend to not play him since it's pretty annoying. 

No, that would just make everyone stay in the rift forever

Limbo is actually very useful, you just need to know how and when you have to use the appropiate ability