The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER]What we got

tbeest

I'd just like to list some of my pros and cons of this update now that I've spend some time with it.

+A quest with an awesome Story!
-a non-eplayable quest that was rather buggy, but I'm sure that will get fixed.
+New music!

+A new tileset!
+New units!
+With actual different weapons instead of just a reskin!

+Special invasions! Have yet to find any downsides to this, probably drop chances.

+New Tenno abilities!
-rather useless tenno abilities
-that have nothing to do with your focus school.
-the tap/hold 5 feels clunky to me, it probably has to do with the short freeze.

+New weapons!
-that require a rare resource
-a resource that might as well have been dropped by regular units in the Kuva fortress.
-a resource that will probably be required for any upcoming Grineer weapon.
-that don't possess the greatest of stats. I have yet to try them out, so I might be wrong

+New mods!
+That require some special objective to be completed to unveil them.
+That might make a sub-par rifle amazing!
-that might as well have been for the Tonkor or Simulor. 
+/- That are rifle only.
+/- Of which you can only hold 15. This is alright with me though.
+/- That are a sortie reward.
- that are COMPLETELY random.
- that require an ever increasing amount of Kuva to reroll them. Seriously?
These mods just messed up modding in such a big way..

+Sortie changes!
+/- Another dojo frame.
-Sortie now requires you to have finished TWW.
+Having to revive less newbies?
-You can't obtain a focus lenses upon finishing TSD anymore.

+Reasons to play endless again!
-still no multiple rewards per relic

+Frost cloth physics!

-new bugs.
+Likely to be fixed in the next couple of weeks!

Thoughts on this? Did I miss anything?

Edited by tbeest
Tried to remove some salt

4 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Like the one I got that had, "Get 5 headshots in a single aim glide". Yeah lol no, those were some nice 23 Endo I sold it for.

Fun fact.. those were not kills.. you could have shot the same enemy 5 times in the end with any weapon.

1 minute ago, Cule_R_uliT said:

We are already have rather rare resources, which are included in almost every new blueprint (Nitain, Argon, Oxium, and now Kuva), so it's not a problem (2.5K in 40 minutes, and I'm not a lucky one - this thing spawned only in half of the missions)

At least I can just go to a certain mission and get the resource I need. Some Void Survival or MD for Argon. Plenty of spots where Oxium Ospreys show up. ONCE an alert pops up you get guaranteed Nitain. I've ran a ton of capture missions on Sedna and thus far have only seen one spawn.

6 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Like the one I got that had, "Get 5 headshots in a single aim glide". Yeah lol no, those were some nice 23 Endo I sold it for.

I guess not all are as nice. But I don't mind having to do something to unlock the mod

8 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

It's like you're flaming while holding a deceiving smile. 

I try to keep my cool but the Kuva and Riven are really pissing me off. So yeah, probably. But we've also gotten some amazing stuff

7 minutes ago, Cule_R_uliT said:

Well, RNG is everything, as always

The Kuva doesn't drop anywhere, apart from rare events. Those events are probably not as rare as Nitain but at least I know I'm getting Nitain when I see such an alert.

Edited by tbeest

9 minutes ago, tbeest said:

I try to keep my cool but the Kuva and Riven are really pissing me off. So yeah, probably. But we've also gotten some amazing stuff.

You should say what you want to say. Tip toeing around the edge won't do anyone any good. You can love and both hate the update, but don't dodge around it because it just seems like you're trying to nudge at people to get a response out of them. 

As for Riven mods, we don't know where they fit, there's no reason to jump the gun and assume it should somewhere when for all we know it's just something small to bring variety into the weapon loadouts. Too many people thinking it's the new "op top tier must have" Mod, everyones just setting themselves up for disaster, which is making everyone flame because something small is being inflated more than DE iintended especially when it hasn't even been a week and everyones foaming at the mouth to have the most op mod asap. 

Edited by xFrostKnightx

2 minutes ago, tbeest said:

I'm getting Nitain when I see such an alert.

BUT, it may happen that your working day makes it almost impossible to get essential amount of Nitain (also add here different time zones, and all stuff like this)

Meanwhile, you can go to Sedna/Kuva_Frotress/Uranus any time you want, and just farm it (well, spawn rate is low, but Oxium had been dropping in much lower quantities until one of the patches came)

41 minutes ago, tbeest said:

+Reasons to play endless again!

What endless are you talking about? Sorties are the same, they just sorted the rewards in few groups, and thats it..Not a challange at all, still the same as before..
Relics are also pretty much the same, not a game breaking addition.

Edited by KurtOn99

2 minutes ago, Mr.Lube said:

The problem with the new Prime farming system wasn't the amount of relics you could open, it was the rate at which you farmed Traces. Farming Traces is what makes the new system unfun.

So you're saying it was fun to go in and out of a mission over and over just to get trace vs staying in the mission? 

3 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

You should say what you want to say. Tip toeing around the edge won't do anyone any good. You can love and both hate the update, but don't dodge around it because it just seems like you're trying to nudge at people to get a response out of them. 

As for Riven mods, we don't know where they fit, there's no reason to jump the gun and assume it should somewhere when for all we know it's just something small to bring variety into the weapon loadouts. Too many people thinking it's the new "op top tier must have" Mod, everyones just setting themselves up for disaster, which is making everyone flame because something small is being inflated more than DE iintended especially when it hasn't even been a week and everyones foaming at the mouth to have the most op mod asap. 

I do like to mention the good stuff as well because just negativity isn't very nice.

I know Riven mods aren't required and that they are very new. Their random nature and possibly insane stats just make me crazy. 

4 minutes ago, KurtOn99 said:

What endless are you talking about? Sorties are the same, they just sorted the rewards in few groups, and thats it..Not a challange at all, still the same as before..

Endless as in (relic) Survival, Defense, Excavation and Interception. Not Sorties, those are something else

1 minute ago, tbeest said:

I do like to mention the good stuff as well because just negativity isn't very nice.

I know Riven mods aren't required and that they are very new. Their random nature and possibly insane stats just make me crazy. 

Endless as in (relic) Survival, Defense, Excavation and Interception. Not Sorties, those are something else

Read again about what i said about relics.

6 minutes ago, Cule_R_uliT said:

BUT, it may happen that your working day makes it almost impossible to get essential amount of Nitain (also add here different time zones, and all stuff like this)

Meanwhile, you can go to Sedna/Kuva_Frotress/Uranus any time you want, and just farm it (well, spawn rate is low, but Oxium had been dropping in much lower quantities until one of the patches came)

True true. It isn't guaranteed you'll get to see a Nitain alert. But I can be doing something else in the game, suddenly see a Nitain alert pop up, stop doing my things, go there and get a Nitain. I can't accidentally come across a Kuva extractor when I am helping newbs on Earth (which is a thing I enjoy doing) or something like that.