Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I think Warframe will die.

IBllade

First of the quest was real good and I got lots of screenshots out of it, but going into one of the Kuva mission, on which me and some randoms talked about how this was supposed to be their "end game content" 

and again the quest was real good that btw lasted 3hours (more like 45mins) WHICH IS WHAT WE GET FROM 3MONTHS DELAY?! ABSURD, DE!! You can't call a confusing fortress where we randoms get lost and stayed there for nearly 10mins and get nothing out of it, you can't call that an "end game content" and NO, weapons that we'll probably NEVER use because we already have tonkor, vay hek, etc. are not end game content either!

Yes we have all these prime stuff that would take us months and months of grind, but we don't want to sit on a tedious grind just to get two or three prime stuff that we'll formad up and forget about them later on and since we're still in the topic of leveling up, leveling is another tedious job that you must do to give yourself something to do. Most people won't even bother getting non meta weapons unless they are content makers (Rip Bouse) or "gotta get them all" type of player which is what my friend was, but the last time we spoke I asked him why he stopped playing and long story short he basically said that he got tired (it's been a month my friend, Strikergod100) you can even look at my friend list I'm not lying he really died.

Ok these types of rant has been heard a lot of times, but it is just simply true and I know that DE knows. This game will only live because of the content makers/advertisings to get new players in the game and would probably get those newbs to play for hundreds of hours. I was one of them and I can say that I don't regret those 500 hours, but I cannot see my self doing another 500hours.
DE if you are smart enough to make such a remarkable game to me, then you should be able to make yet another mark into my heart
                                                                                          - Much love & hate, Tenno.

If you can think of something to keep 12 million players occupied for large stretches of time without burnout, or a quest that can last more than a few hours, then you're welcome to try.

It's unfeasible to make a [cinematic] quest any longer than a few hours. I don't think I've seen any game yet that made a quest without timewalls that could took longer than a few hours to finish.

It's a gosh dang video game people, jesus christ. Stop saying every little nuance and new thing is DE's downfall or them trying to sucker money or become a korean mmo.

Seriously. Doom Threads are the worst, I want to go at least 30 minutes without seeing a thread like this pop up, please!

Your information is entirely opinionated with 0 basis behind anything.

Edited by JSharpie

The update imo was for story telling, not some endgame bs that your putting up. and power creep much? just because something is not *above* your radar of *powercreep* doesn't mean no one will use it. 

Also like the staff suggested, it may play along a bigger role later on, hence why its called Broken*

Uh, what makes you think they'll stop churning out noteworthy content? In those 500 more hours you might not play, Warframe would've already changed drastically for better or worse.

Warframe will die when the majority of the playerbase abandons the game and DE is unable to earn a living off of it. You can bet every step of the way DE will not sit idly by to let that happen.

Yet another "this game will die" thread.

The same kind of thread that appears in every game.

And has appeared in this game for years yet the game is still going.

It's not going to die any time soon, it's not even going to lose a limb.

Story missions aren't end game. They are just that, story. 

They make something time consuming for the long time players whom already have everything, "ERMAHGERD DA GRINDSSSSSS!  STAHP!"

They make something of quality that is pretty accessible to many levels of players but short lived, "...That's it?"

DE can't win.  People seem to want something to take a lot of time... just not take too long to get rewarded... though the drive for seemingly 95% of the player base to even log in is the reward. 

Mind, DE can try and not lose either.  Damn riven mods being behind sortie reward gate.

Edited by Littleman88

Then just don't play? Just because you can't spend hours on hours for a new quest, doesn't mean it's bad for the game is dying. I prefer these kind of quests over your typical grind-MMO of fetch and slay quests with the single instance dungeon per zone. (I feel you on the friend part, friend hasn't been on since the closed beta. Still have him added.)

1 hour ago, IBllade said:

First of the quest was real good and I got lots of screenshots out of it, but going into one of the Kuva mission, on which me and some randoms talked about how this was supposed to be their "end game content" 

and again the quest was real good that btw lasted 3hours (more like 45mins) WHICH IS WHAT WE GET FROM 3MONTHS DELAY?! ABSURD, DE!! You can't call a confusing fortress where we randoms get lost and stayed there for nearly 10mins and get nothing out of it, you can't call that an "end game content" and NO, weapons that we'll probably NEVER use because we already have tonkor, vay hek, etc. are not end game content either!

Yes we have all these prime stuff that would take us months and months of grind, but we don't want to sit on a tedious grind just to get two or three prime stuff that we'll formad up and forget about them later on and since we're still in the topic of leveling up, leveling is another tedious job that you must do to give yourself something to do. Most people won't even bother getting non meta weapons unless they are content makers (Rip Bouse) or "gotta get them all" type of player which is what my friend was, but the last time we spoke I asked him why he stopped playing and long story short he basically said that he got tired (it's been a month my friend, Strikergod100) you can even look at my friend list I'm not lying he really died.

Ok these types of rant has been heard a lot of times, but it is just simply true and I know that DE knows. This game will only live because of the content makers/advertisings to get new players in the game and would probably get those newbs to play for hundreds of hours. I was one of them and I can say that I don't regret those 500 hours, but I cannot see my self doing another 500hours.
DE if you are smart enough to make such a remarkable game to me, then you should be able to make yet another mark into my heart
                                                                                          - Much love & hate, Tenno.

Tbh every game dies sooner or later, and it cant keep everyone forever.

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Honestly, at this point, Warframe is immortal, because it should have died so many times.

"Should have" is a harsh word, but I'll admit that at the start I didn't have confidence in the game... (Hence why I'm not a founder).  As it is now?  These guys keep on surviving and it's a amazing thing to see, one that I hope continues for several more years.  I don't have illusions that it will be "Forever" because nothing, nothing lasts forever.  It's always best to enjoy something while you have the chance, and I am supporting the DEV's now by buying every Prime Access unless I see them become like every other FTP game... Greedy.  This game is run by people that need to eat, keep their homes and pay their bills in general so I understand charging money and Prime Access, and therefor I have little to no issue paying when I do. 

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

I was being sarcastic, in that if Warframe died everytime someone made a doom thread, then we'd need a few dozen graveyards.

Sarcasm is really hard to tell across the internet unfortunately (I sometimes do the same thing).  Though you are right about that, we'd have our own little Doom & Gloom Graveyard.  Lol.

18 hours ago, Goodrich said:

Then just don't play? Just because you can't spend hours on hours for a new quest, doesn't mean it's bad for the game is dying. I prefer these kind of quests over your typical grind-MMO of fetch and slay quests with the single instance dungeon per zone. (I feel you on the friend part, friend hasn't been on since the closed beta. Still have him added.)

What's more tiring is "fetch and slay quests" ... played Mu 2 Online beta, skipped on all those long text dialogs, Warframe has the best cinematic cuts in my MMO experience and history ...

how I wish some MMO devs do what DE's been doing in their game ...

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed quoted comment and response