Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equipped Riven Mod breaks Config Swapping

ViridianRohesia

Summary: My Quanta riven mod locks me into an unresponsive UI when I swap away from the Config it's equipped on, on both the Quanta and the Quanta Vandal. My friend tried the same thing with a Deth Machine Rifle riven mod and got the same result. This seemed really weird and I couldn't find any other posts describing it, though they might very well have been buried under other riven mod discussions. 

Slightly more detail, possibly too much: Earlier today, I traded a Karak riven mod for a "Quanta Geli-visides" Riven Mod (Madurai polarity, +91.2% Cold, +92% Status Duration, +158.1% Damage, -32.9% Damage to Grineer) while I was still Mastery Rank 12. Several hours later I reached Mastery Rank 13, and after doing so I upgraded the mod to max level. I then equipped it on Config B of a six-forma Quanta Vandal, and spent several minutes fitting it into preliminary configurations until finally placing it in the Madurai-polarized top left slot. I then left the config screen to clear the comparisons in the stat box, went back in, and swapped to Config A.

My mods list was no longer visible, and though cursor functionality was unaffected most other UI elements were rendered ineffective. They remained interactive when moused over, but did nothing when clicked. The chat box was completely unaffected and responded as normal. Neither the Escape key nor any other key removed me from or had any impact on the bugged menu, and I was forced to close the program externally. 

After logging bag in, I opened my config again and found it had stayed on Config B. I swapped from Config B to Config A once more to see if the issue would reoccur, and it did exactly as before.

After closing the program and logging back in a second time, I unequipped my Quanta Vandal and replaced it with a four-forma non-vandal Quanta without error. I then emptied out that Quanta's Config C, and placed the Riven Mod into the Madurai-polarized top left slot so that it was the only mod equipped. I left the config menu, reentered it, and attempted to switch from Config C to Config B. The issue occurred exactly as both times before. 

When equipping the Quanta Vandal on a different loadout so that it defaulted to Config A, I was successfully able to swap from A to B. The issue only reemerged when attempting to swap from B away to C. 

A friend with a Riven mod for the Deth Machine Rifle placed it into the third slot, which was unpolarized, and attempted to swap configs without exiting the menu. The issue was encountered. 

I unequipped the mod and swapped without first exiting the menu. It was unsuccessful and the issue reoccurred.

I unequipped the mod and exited the config menu before re-entering it and swapping. It was successful and the issue did not reoccur.

I equipped the mod and swapped immediately without exiting the menu, while attempting to get a picture for this report. The issue did not reoccur until I left the menu and reentered it. b3bUt6B.jpg
JDxs38q.jpg

Edited by Uradner
Changed ordering of the Before/After pictures

If you load into the upgrade menu with a Riven Mod equipped it doesn't seem to load the correspending tab/filter/category. I guess the crash is related to that.

Here you can see, that there is All, Madurai, Vazarin and Naramon: (If i were to switch to a different configuration now it wouldn't load available mods and the menu wouldn't be usable anymore, pretty much forcing me to close and restart the game.)shVqX.png

But here (entering the upgrade menu without having it equipped) i have All, Madurai, Vazarin, Naramon and Rivens: (Now i could switch configurations without problem, even when i have the Riven mod equipped on any other configuration.)shVxs.png

Currently the only way to acces other configurations would be to:

• go into mod menu
  • remove riven mod from current config
  • exit mod menu
  • reenter mod menu
  • readd riven mod (optional, but you probably want to have it equipped i guess)
  • switch to other config without crashing.

This actually annoys me less than the infinitely increasing Kuva cost, since it's something we can figure out and work around.

Edited by Hennils