Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something needs to be done about rivens as soon as possible

AdunSaveMe

Rerolling should be similar to The Division IMO. You get a select few stats to pick from when you re-roll but it can't be overly OP stats like you can't have +x damage with +xcrit chance and +x crit damage. Balance it out. One, maybe two good stats and one or two QOL stats like +x reload speed, +x projectile speed and so forth. Once re-rolled, it should NOT have to be "unveiled" again. This is stupid. Removing this will also stop tradescam.

If you decide to use Kuva to re-roll it, the stats will be slightly better. Also, maybe lower the re-roll prices slightly.

Furthermore, Riven mods should be catered towards specific weapon classes like crit weapons, shotguns, cannons, status weapons, BEAM weapons, rocket launcher weapons, weapons  without crit chance but still for some ungodly reason get Riven mod that give it crit chance but it doesn't work (Panthera) etc etc. This way you can use the same Riven mod on multiple weapons of the same type such as crit weapons.

Doing this will simplify the system and bring the trading to a reasonable level (and price) and stop scamming. Most importantly it will make everyone happy.

Add-on: Increase the cap also. 15 is way too low in the current stage with this BS RNG implementation.

Copied my comment from another thread as this is more active.

My two cents about this issue:

Say you see someone with a Vengeful Revenant. You can conclude one of 3 things.

1. They got very lucky

2. They spent plat, which ultimately is real money

3. The worked for it by grinding

Now say you see someone with a Soma/Tonkor/Synoid etc. Riven mod. You can conclude

1. They got very lucky

2. They spent plat

There is no option 3 anymore, and this, to me, is the problem. The quest is non repeatable, you can do sortie once every 24 hours and right now it looks like the drop rate is somewhere between 7% and 0.2% (just from surveys, no one has the actual percentage and it's too early to give a more accurate estimate).

You can grind to reroll, but there is NOTHING you can do outside of the 20-40 min per day doing the sortie to actually get one. And even if the drop chance is as high as 7%, your time would be better spent making alt accounts and rushing to sedna to do main quest again.

I believe this is a first in warframe, and a development I don't like. You can argue that legendary cores are in the same category, but ultimately they're just a sum of endo, you can farm that. 

One of my problems with riven mods is that they're soo dang rare (I still haven't gotten one besides the quest reward (might I say my mod was complete garbage) and I assume a lot of others haven't as well) that they're destroying the game's economy! Why have us wait 24 hours to try again and on top of that why add more drops to the loot table???? You're just making the problem worse! I don't really mind the huge stat increases as THIS GAME IS LARGELY PvE! (Seriously guys, calling for buffs and nerfs on a PvE game is kinda silly (yet understandable)). But I do mind the way they're obtained. Yes something as game breakingly powerful such as the riven mods SHOULD BE DIFFICULT to get and not ANNOYING to get.

My other problem with them is the cost to reroll them. It should not increase for how UNCOMMON kuva is and, DE, if you plan on keeping the increasing cost then I suggest making kuva more common or a different, much easier way to get it. Other than that get rid of it because kuva is too rare to just keep increasing the price of kuva needed to reroll it.

Edited by DeathHeart64

4 hours ago, HARKDOG said:

well there's some mods that are mandatory on some builds, after that the rest are personal combinations. What I mwean with more personal now is, The combinations and options are different, you have more variety of choosing how you want to change your current build, how u want to forma, etc.

Here I beg to differ. The same stats that made it into a build pre-TWW will be choosen post-TWW. 200 % plus on raw damage is still more sought after on riven mods than +50 % reload speed for example. Perhaps you could be right, if the weights on the stats on riven mods would be adjusted accordingly, but in its current form I can see only more new cheese on top of old one.

47 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Here I beg to differ. The same stats that made it into a build pre-TWW will be choosen post-TWW. 200 % plus on raw damage is still more sought after on riven mods than +50 % reload speed for example. Perhaps you could be right, if the weights on the stats on riven mods would be adjusted accordingly, but in its current form I can see only more new cheese on top of old one.

3 hours ago, CorrinAvatan said:

I've never used a weapon because I "have" to, even if it was statistically better.

I have a Tonkor that can out-perform every other weapon I have, even with a Sybaris with +129 Slash and +168 damage, on a crit-fisher build.

I currently prefer Zarr, Boar Prime, and Paris.  Why?  Because they're fun.  

If you're playing the game with weapons you hate and warframes you hate, why are you playing the game?

If you don't like using your Burston, but have a great mod for it, there are plenty of people who LIKE the Burston, and would trade you THEIR mod, for a weapon that YOU probably like.

I don't think any mod is worth 10k.  However some people do, and it is actually GREAT that people who have 10k in plat are using it to buy from other players, who then use it to buy things that THEY want.  There are quite a few whales in Warframe that just have more plat than they know what to do with, but weren't really using it, where there are other players struggling to get it.  having that amount of plat move around helps, because that means more people will eventually have more plat as people buy things from other people.

This is actually really great for the in-game economy of warframe, outside of the fact that Riven mod trading needs it's own trading tab, to be honest.

Agree with all, specially the last sentence, chat was going like crazy today, couldn't keep up with all the offers.

17 hours ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

But that is neither here nor there. What we need to do is give a way for more weapons to kill effectively at level 140, as that is our highest non-endless content. Riven mods do this. Yes some weapons get even more powerful if RNG blesses you, but this represents a tremendous widening of the meta at sortie level. Sure it makes long duration endless runs with level 300+ enemies possible without exploiting stacked damage buffs via warframe powers if you have the meta weapons, but I don't mind that at all. The rewards at that level of play aren't consummate to the effort put in and I, and most people, don't have the inclination to do that. It's mainly for e-peen reasons, so let the MLGs have their crit crit tonkor. I'm too busy ardently seeking out a braton riven mod so I can finally bring my braton into sorties and not feel like I'm handicapping myself.

No.

We don't need yet another push to alredy non-existing difficulty. Lack of end-game is alredy killing Waframe populace between patches.

On 11/14/2016 at 10:21 AM, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Seriously, yesterday I chatted with people doing a raid. Before, someone taking a burston would've gotten strange looks and pokes of "are you sure you meant to take a burston prime to this level of content?" Now? They just said "riven mod" and that was enough said. And lo and behold they actually killed effectively next to the guys with their heks, tonkors, etc.

People use weapons in Raids?

No seriously.  Usually when I'm in raids, nobody bothers using weapons for the most part, outside of the very, very few times you actually need to.  Honestly, Trials are more about CC; Volt and Vauban do wonders, and in most raids I'm in, the top damage frame is the EV trin.  Only time we use our guns is when you're forced to (killing Vey Hek, for example) but even then, with most of us running corrosive weapons at a 75-100% status chance, even if we DIDN'T have great actual damage output, we'd be able to whittle him down.  That's not including frames like Mesa that, when protected, can just completely rip him to shreds.

I can't see how rivens "break" the game.  For people who were doing 140+ enemies prior, you can still do that.  For some people who couldn't, they are able to get a boost, and farm for better things, and play with friends that just have superior mods/gear simply due to playing for longer.  I mean, due to mods and other stuff, I have a Tigris Prime that can do 56,000+ damage, nearly 40,000 of that corrosive, with a 90% status chance.

I melt faces when I shoot that thing.  But for the most part, most of the time I'm playing the game, I'm not really using my weapons that much; I'm typically manipulating the battlefield with my frames' abilities.

Edited by CorrinAvatan

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Rivens are hardly a spoiler since they have literally nothing to do with the quest, the lore, or the story.

People don't even spoiler tag kuva farming posts, because they don't contain spoilers.

I get your point, but even so.

I can only speak for me, but it is critical content that comes with an update which DE wants people to use spoilers for. To me, that critical content falls under what would be considered spoilers. You don't have to agree, and i respect that. I'm no mod so I can't force you to do anything.

10 minutes ago, Insizer said:

I can only speak for me, but it is critical content that comes with an update which DE wants people to use spoilers for. To me, that critical content falls under what would be considered spoilers. You don't have to agree, and i respect that. I'm no mod so I can't force you to do anything.

Probably a bit late, but I'll keep it in mind

13 minutes ago, Insizer said:

Anyone who is in trade chat for more than 10 seconds will learn about Riven mods, and I wouldn't say it's a spoiler to say "you get one for completing War Within."

4 hours ago, CorrinAvatan said:

Anyone who is in trade chat for more than 10 seconds will learn about Riven mods, and I wouldn't say it's a spoiler to say "you get one for completing War Within."

spoilers are more the console users than they are for PC users who haven't completed TWW.

On 11/14/2016 at 0:27 AM, Cpl_Facehugger said:

I just want to chime in on this with my experience. My first riven mod was a soma mod with +100 multishot, +50% reload speed, and -20% corpus damage. I thought "multishot? Gimme" and slotted it in, but now I'm having a ton more fun with my soma not because it's more powerful - though it is - but rather because that reload speed buff makes it handle so much better. My build previously couldn't handle a fast hands mod because I couldn't give up the DPS in sorties if I wanted to compete. Now I can have the DPS I need to kill swiftly in the content I prefer while having a gun that handles like a dream.

And if I want to slum it on the starmap I can afford to give up some damage mods for utility ones that make it handle even better.

And we haven't even started talking about the lower tier guns that just got a shot of steroids with this. I'm eagerly looking forward to the day I get a braton riven mod for my darling 7-forma braton prime, because I'll finally be able to take it to sorties and not feel like I'm spending forever killing single enemies.

So basically, I agree with you completely.

Honestly, I think this would be the solution to riven mods; remove their ability to have multiple damage mods but give tons of utility. Instead of being a huge damage boost once you roll the right critc/critd/basedamage mod, you replace point strike with a critchance riven that has a bunch of reload speed and magazine capacity or punchthrough or something you'd really like to have for QoL but can't afford to give up a damage mod for.