The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Twin" Queens

ChiefStevy

5 hours ago, JSharpie said:

It's possible it's someone else, someone buried in your psyche, but I think the queen being inside your head has the most evidence.

5 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

What if drinking the blood...

Hide contents

Corrupts the Tenno with darkness...

Reveal hidden contents

Then corrupts the Warframe by extension...

Reveal hidden contents

...Leading to those that drank it having a much easier time getting Excalibur Umbra in the future.

I think It's not the queen. Simply cuz the queen doesn't have the word Kiddo in her vocabulary. If you remember the quest then you know that the word Kiddo was used by nobody other than the tenno's father who says that something is watching the whole ship from the starless darkness of space and then they go nutts. Given those karma emblems hanging on the choices and the choices itself. I think that what posseses our head is the Void itself or some avatar of the void and the choices will determine how easy will it be for that entity to mess with your head. White = reject it black&white = use it with control black= revel in it

6 hours ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

yeah I kind of figured that when my operators eyes went all white and the voice was like What took you so long child.

At that moment. I knew I f*cked up. :(

I think that's the operator's father. Remember during the cave part? The operator remembered his father, who called him "kiddo". And I think Teshin said that some believe it is their blood, but noone knows for sure.

45 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I think It's not the queen. Simply cuz the queen doesn't have the word Kiddo in her vocabulary. If you remember the quest then you know that the word Kiddo was used by nobody other than the tenno's father who says that something is watching the whole ship from the starless darkness of space and then they go nutts. Given those karma emblems hanging on the choices and the choices itself. I think that what posseses our head is the Void itself or some avatar of the void and the choices will determine how easy will it be for that entity to mess with your head. White = reject it black&white = use it with control black= revel in it

I don't disagree. I feel it's possible for that to be an outcome and for it to influence Umbra acquisition.

On a somewhat similar note, what happens at the end of the quest kinda reminds me of a part of an old post of mine:

The Scene:

Spoiler

Namely, the whispers and the full eye change with a ominous sound.

56 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I think It's not the queen. Simply cuz the queen doesn't have the word Kiddo in her vocabulary. If you remember the quest then you know that the word Kiddo was used by nobody other than the tenno's father who says that something is watching the whole ship from the starless darkness of space and then they go nutts.

Maybe the people on the ship didn't die when they were consumed by the Void and still linger somewhere within in, and now that we have realized who we are and stuff, our father called out to us.

27 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Ignoring the quest story line, this entire topic seems to ignore the detail that twins don't have to be identical.

1 minute ago, Deshiel said:

Lack of education, but once you start pointing fingers you break the forum rules.

No one is bringing it up because the quest pretty much makes it clear that the bodies they have now, are not their original bodies.

52 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Ignoring the quest story line, this entire topic seems to ignore the detail that twins don't have to be identical.

26 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Lack of education, but once you start pointing fingers you break the forum rules.

One thing you two: Read the Kuria.
They mention how the twin queens were identical.

I mean with lines such as this:
The tale of two sisters
Who bore the same face

For they never witnessed
Two self-same as these

A mirrored reflection
Had come into life

Their sameness was shunned

So with all of those lines from the kuria I think its pretty safe to say that they were identical twins.
So I think both of you are missing the largest thing in the game that confirms that they were, at one point, identical twins.
People aren't bringing up your point because the reason that they don't look the same was explained in the quest: continuity.
We have no idea how many times they've changed bodies.
But you two seem to be the two that is lacking education about the twin queens.....

Edited by Tsukinoki

9 hours ago, Burritochu said:

I was pretty surprised myself when I got my first glimpse of them. I was expecting the Twin Queens to be a bit more Orokin in their looks. The Orokin were the most advanced civilization in the solar system and incredibly so. I thought they would be able to bypass aging and other biological functions to keep themselves eternally perfect.

They were in Grineer bodies. They lacked bodies to transfer to and so aged, like teshin says. 

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

One thing you two: Read the Kuria.
They mention how the twin queens were identical.

I mean with lines such as this:
The tale of two sisters
Who bore the same face

For they never witnessed
Two self-same as these

A mirrored reflection
Had come into life

Their sameness was shunned

So with all of those lines from the kuria I think its pretty safe to say that they were identical twins.
So I think both of you are missing the largest thing in the game that confirms that they were, at one point, identical twins.
People aren't bringing up your point because the reason that they don't look the same was explained in the quest: continuity.
We have no idea how many times they've changed bodies.
But you two seem to be the two that is lacking education about the twin queens.....

He referred to their looks and behavior, asking if two so different could be twins. From the sources he mentioned I doubt he had read the poem like he also didn't pay attention to the quest story line.

Edit: So I think it is just a case of you lacking the ability to read the situation...

Edited by Golmihr

9 hours ago, Burritochu said:

I was pretty surprised myself when I got my first glimpse of them. I was expecting the Twin Queens to be a bit more Orokin in their looks. The Orokin were the most advanced civilization in the solar system and incredibly so. I thought they would be able to bypass aging and other biological functions to keep themselves eternally perfect.

Especially because Teshin, a slave, isn't a mummy.

Many things really make little sense for me. The lore says orokin have beautiful eyes, but if they change their bodies through transference or kuva, how can they keep the appearance?

If they like symmetry - what's wrong with birth of two sisters?

5 minutes ago, texrei said:

Many things really make little sense for me. The lore says orokin have beautiful eyes, but if they change their bodies through transference or kuva, how can they keep the appearance?

They choose pretty people to jump into or they make a clone of themselves to raise for transferring into when they need it.

7 minutes ago, texrei said:

If they like symmetry - what's wrong with birth of two sisters?

This is answered in the Kuria poem. Identical Twins are people that are exactly the same, natural clones. The Orokin have people that look exactly the same and those are their slaves, the Grineer. They basically stigmatized having the exact same face as another person, so they treated the twins like crap because it reminds them of Grineer.

3 hours ago, Golmihr said:

If you read some of the old codex then you know that they were identical. That's why the orkin put them out lol. but Know they don't have thier orginal bodies. That what the OP didn't understand.

44 minutes ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

The whole plot with the queens made very little sense and was about as cliche space fantasy as it gets.

How did it not make sense. It made perfect sense The twin queens have stayed alive by swapping into bodies and one of them was basically dying in her body and wanted yours because as a tenno you are Semi-immortal. The grineer body she was in was deteriorating. Doesn't get any clearer than that mate. That was like the whole point of the quest, and to find out more about the tenno's past and transference e.g. how the queen swapped bodies.

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

My theory is that while void is not sentient it can be influenced by other creatures and at the end of the quest we get possessed by part of the void that was? in our father.
this is proven by the words from all endings
"Hey, kiddo, what took you so long?" (meaning that we finally embraced the source of our powers)
"Just remember kiddo, you're nothing without me." (meaning that without the source we would be just normal orokin)

"You mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget?
You owe me.
" (same meaning as before)
also good point is that in every ending there is word "Kiddo" which was used by our father when he said, dont remember the wording but it was along the lines of "something is out there kiddo, and its watching us".
Another point is when you attack the siphon the queen can say that the more "dreamer" struggles the more kuva he attracts, meaning that "kuva" is something clearly connected to our void powers as operator and not the warframe.

Edited by NeroXero

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

I'd like to point you towards the Kuria poem. 

It's better to be sure before showing your snark, you know.

2 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I recommend giving proper attention to the topic before you begin to lecture people.

I was well aware of the reason why they are not identical. So was the person that I quoted. He merely suggested that the lore aside, people don't probably know that twins dont have to be identical by birth IRL and I responded to that.

24 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

They choose pretty people to jump into or they make a clone of themselves to raise for transferring into when they need it.

This is answered in the Kuria poem. Identical Twins are people that are exactly the same, natural clones. The Orokin have people that look exactly the same and those are their slaves, the Grineer. They basically stigmatized having the exact same face as another person, so they treated the twins like crap because it reminds them of Grineer.

Why couldn't they kill one of the children?

And making your own clone looks too similar to what the grineer do.

Sadly, we still know nothing about orokin. Except they are cruel selfish race

2 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

If you read some of the old codex then you know that they were identical. That's why the orkin put them out lol. but Know they don't have thier orginal bodies. That what the OP didn't understand.

Well obviously OP didn't catch the body swapping thing or this entire thread would make no sense. But what you are missing is that I never said they weren't identical. I was just replying to OP's reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Well obviously OP didn't catch the body swapping thing or this entire thread would make no sense. But what you are missing is that I never said they weren't identical. I was just replying to OP's reasoning.

Sure. But the way you worded your reply basically implied that you were just as misinformed as him. That's why a few people jumped on what you said lol. Wording matters my friend.

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

3 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Sure. But the way you worded your reply basically implied that you were just as misinformed as him. Wording matters my friend.

It's just you who jumped to conclusions. Others here understood what I meant just fine.

Edited by Golmihr