The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Twin" Queens

ChiefStevy

6 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

It's just you who replied without reading the conversation, jumping to conclusions.

Dude why are you trying to be rude. I was just letting you know that the wording gave your reply off in a wrong way. no need to get salty at me. Also it was 2 or 3 other people who replied to what you said also so it wasn't just me. I'm not going to argue with someone who can't accept that they made a mistake so lets just get back on topic please We aren't trying to turn this into a flame thread lol.

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

5 minutes ago, texrei said:

Why couldn't they kill one of the children?

This was also explain in the Kuria poem. Their father had enough pull to keep that from happening to his daughters.

6 minutes ago, texrei said:

And making your own clone looks too similar to what the grineer do.

Sadly, we still know nothing about orokin. Except they are cruel selfish race

If they are only using their clone as a replacement body, it wouldn't matter. They would be viewing it as a tool to continue living, not another individual with free will.

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

This was also explain in the Kuria poem. Their father had enough pull to keep that from happening to his daughters.

If they are only using their clone as a replacement body, it wouldn't matter. They would be viewing it as a tool to continue living, not another individual with free will.

If I were the queen, I would fetch myself a corpus female if my attempt to capture the tenno fails. You know. It never hurts to have a plan B

19 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I recommend giving proper attention to the topic before you begin to lecture people.

I was well aware of the reason why they are not identical. So was the person that I quoted. He merely suggested that the lore aside, people don't probably know that twins dont have to be identical by birth IRL and I responded to that.

Well I advise the same to you, and furthermore, advise you again to read the Kuria poem as it clearly states that the queens were identical. The people 'ignoring' that twins don't need to be identical aren't doing so out of a 'lack of education', but rather an awareness that the twin queens are stated to be identical, rendering that point irrelevant to the discussion.

This use of replacement bodies. So much fiction regarding this. "Surrogates"(robotic bodies), "Altered Carbon" ( where the replacement bodies were nicknamed "sleeves" by those who could afford them).

My personal opinion about the black eyes is that the voices we heard were not someone's voices. they were ghosts, i mean, memories who could haunt us. Much like Warhammer 40,000, the ghosts, or inner demons if you like, could manifest through our powers. don't you find the possibility of using spirits of the past orokin as weapons poetic justice?

Now we need to know what exactly is Kuva, its components, etc. And we need to know how the "essence" of the orokin was stored during the transfer to a new body. So many lore possibilites... Haunted places could be truly haunted...

Remember the cephalon fragments. Was the liquid offered to Ordan Karris what we know now as Kuva? I believe yes.

6 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

I have a question to everyone :

Ok, the "elder" (Bilsa maybe ?) says "I have lived enough in those disgusting grineer bodies" something like that.

SO, this body she has is not her first.

So.... How did she managed to have this freeky symetric orokin face ?

The cloning techniques were better preserved at that time, maybe.

Edited by renleech

11 hours ago, JSharpie said:

It's possible it's someone else, someone buried in your psyche, but I think the queen being inside your head has the most evidence.

Some people say it was your Warframe,

some others say it was the Void itself, i think that does make sens : We discover that the Void is a living entity and has a will of its own. When you recover your memories, Void is mentioned as a major character about what happened on the Zariman.  When you accept yourself and your powers, he comes and speak to you.

Buut, could also be the queen, since the continuation process was described like this also, drinking the kuva, etc. Dunno, it's blur.

Edited by Stonehenge

2 minutes ago, renleech said:

This use of replacement bodies. So much fiction regarding this. "Surrogates"(robotic bodies), "Altered Carbon" ( where the replacement bodies were nicknamed "sleeves" by those who could afford them).

My personal opinion about the black eyes is that the voices we heard were not someone's voices. they were ghosts, i mean, memories who could haunt us. Much like Warhammer 40,000, the ghosts, or inner demons if you like, could manifest through our powers. don't you find the possibility of using spirits of the past orokin as weapons poetic justice?

The Tennos are CHAOS PSYKERS DUDE

Edited by Stonehenge

10 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

There's probably complications to that.

Stopping cell degradation could quite conceivably block cell growth and replenishment and a whole mess of other issues.

Much easier to slow it, and create new perfect bodies when needed.

Well, not if you can slow or halt DNA degredation. Much of the reason we age is due to cell age, which is determined by chromosomal 'caps' which wear away a liitle bit every time mitosis occurs. Stop that, probably by replenishing chromosomal integrity, and you massively slow aging. You'd also need a way to replenish and restore the various ligaments and frameworks that guide cellular growth and keep us intact.

Methinks the orokin did much of that, but they still eventually degraded, thus needing new bodies. Probably due to minute mutations over the years due to inevitable sources, DNA corruption, radiation etc.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

Just now, BulletsforTeeth said:

Well, not if you can slow or halt DNA degredation. Much of the reason we age is due to cell age, which is determined by chromosomal 'caps' which wear away a liitle bit every time mitosis occurs. Stop that, probably by replenishing chromosomal integrity, and you massively slow aging. You'd also need a way to replenish and restore the various ligaments and frameworks that guide cellular growth and keep us intact.

Methinks the orokin did much of that, but they still eventually degraded, thus needing new bodies.

Spoiler

So.... When they offer Ordan Karris to drink this magic blood and become one of their own, an Orokin...they were in fact looking for a new body ? Or this is out of the topic ?

2 hours ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Dude why are you trying to be rude. I was just letting you know that the wording gave your reply off in a wrong way. no need to get salty at me. Also it was 2 or 3 other people who replied to what you said also so it wasn't just me. I'm not going to argue with someone who can't accept that they made a mistake so lets just get back on topic please We aren't trying to turn this into a flame thread lol.

There's literally nothing in my post that implied I was talking about the Warframe quest line you want to educate me about as I specifically wrote that I was ignoring it (Edit: And it was only 2 sentences long). But 1 other guy still read it that way and you probably got your own misunderstanding from there. Next time double check what you are replying to and don't read out of context if you want to lecture and there will be less risk you end up looking silly salty like now.

Edited by Golmihr

1 hour ago, Stonehenge said:
  Hide contents

So.... When they offer Ordan Karris to drink this magic blood and become one of their own, an Orokin...they were in fact looking for a new body ? Or this is out of the topic ?

I suspect that the kuva has muliple uses, most of them relating to conciousness in an 'arcane' sort of way. By forcing Karris to drink it, they were able to transfer his mind into an AI framework, likely enabling someone else to transfer their mind into his body.

2 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

I suspect that the kuva has muliple uses, most of them relating to conciousness in an 'arcane' sort of way. By forcing Karris to drink it, they were able to transfer his mind into an AI framework, likely enabling someone else to transfer their mind into his body.

Okay, we could say Kuva is an arcane tool for multiple use. As far as we know the lore, this seems the moste reasonnable.

Edited by Stonehenge

1 minute ago, Stonehenge said:

Okay, we could say Kuva is an arcane tool for multiple use. As far as we know the lore, this seems the moste reasonnable.

Come to think of it, it seems to force whatever it's used on into a state of malleability or flux. Everything from transferring minds, to mind-raping the operator, to randomizing Rivens... Seems to be a vague theme going on.

15 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Come to think of it, it seems to force whatever it's used on into a state of malleability or flux. Everything from transferring minds, to mind-raping the operator, to randomizing Rivens... Seems to be a vague theme going on.

Mmmh maybe. I remember the Second Dream completely blew my mind, i was like "Omagad i'm the avatar of my avatar ! Wait, no...aaaaah !"

1 hour ago, Golmihr said:

There's literally nothing in my post that implied I was talking about the Warframe quest line you want to educate me about as I specifically wrote that I was ignoring it (Edit: And it was only 2 sentences long). But 1 other guy still read it that way and you probably got your own misunderstanding from there. Next time double check what you are replying to and don't read out of context if you want to lecture and there will be less risk you end up looking silly salty like now.

wow. just wow lel. still salty huh? accept your mistake bruh and move on.  I already said get over and get back on topic. You are the one who came at me being rude and I nicely addressed you explaining what i meant.  I'm trying to be the better man and you just want to make the situation harder.....You need to grow up. Now I'm not going to repeat myself and I'm not replying to you after this. Accept your mistake, move on and act like an adult please because nobody has time for ignorant arguments about who said this and that. Now if you want to continue talking about the twin queens then do so but don't address me anymore with your ignorance, but if you so happen to feel the need to keep up your argument then by all means PM me. But don't continue flaming in this post when we are trying to have an Deep discussion about the Twin Queens because nobody wants to see that crap and I especially am not going to waste my time arguing over the internet. Have a good day my friend. :)

17 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

wow. just wow lel. still salty huh? accept your mistake bruh and move on.  I already said get over and get back on topic. You are the one who came at me being rude and I nicely addressed you explaining what i meant.  I'm trying to be the better man and you just want to make the situation harder.....You need to grow up. Now I'm not going to repeat myself and I'm not replying to you after this. Accept your mistake, move on and act like an adult please because nobody has time for ignorant arguments about who said this and that. Now if you want to continue talking about the twin queens then do so but don't address me anymore with your ignorance, but if you so happen to feel the need to keep up your argument then by all means PM me. But don't continue flaming in this post when we are trying to have an Deep discussion about the Twin Queens because nobody wants to see that crap and I especially am not going to waste my time arguing over the internet. Have a good day my friend. :)

For all your talk about moving on it is amazing how you can't let go.

Learn to read the posts you reply to in the future. And follow your own advice, by your own standard you are a kid for keeping replying.

14 hours ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Wait then that means.......OH SNAP WE SHOULDN'T HAVE DRANK THE BLOOD.!!!!!

14 hours ago, W.AxlRose said:

you're her's now... >:)

14 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Yeah, she's a part of you now, it show it at the end.

It's not the Queen talking. It's either your Warframe, or Ballas or someone like that

7 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Probably not. His damage is self inflicted as we read in the fragments. He doesn't want his old self to resurface.

I wish his old self would resurface though. That would be pretty cool and scary at the same time. Like in War Within when the queen first entered the operators head basically and you were on the liset and Ordis activated the kill mode when you lost your powers. What if he he did something like that again or even worse. oh man lol. Really wish we could have a quest dedicated to Ordis.

56 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

I wish his old self would resurface though. That would be pretty cool and scary at the same time. Like in War Within when the queen first entered the operators head basically and you were on the liset and Ordis activated the kill mode when you lost your powers. What if he he did something like that again or even worse. oh man lol. Really wish we could have a quest dedicated to Ordis.

Infested door, my friend. Infested door. All in good time~

2 hours ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Ordis himself would not harm the operator even as his old self. Most of what he did as the Beast of Bones was so that he could win the affection of the Orokin so that he could meet them in the flesh, to assassinate them for their wickedness. When he discovered the truth from his old memories he tried to self destruct but stopped because of the operator.

However he does have a spy program so that could perhaps reactive and take control of the ship. A good candidate to help fix him could be Simaris as he did offer to help restore him once.