Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] War Within's new system; proposed expansions to it.

Tesseract_The_Pariah

As you may have noticed, the new Operator Mode doesn't use 1, 2, 3, or 4.

I propose that operators themselves acquire powers. 

Perhaps 4 could be your Focus ability.  However, why waste a button?  A slot for something new? 

I'd like to see these proposed operator abilities to be determined or acquired in cinematic missions.  Ideally, since you'd be able to swap them - ideally - they'd all be diverse yet equal.  I can't even begin to imagine what those would be. 

That brings me to further thoughts.  What if mod cards were to be brought back, and be slotted to the operator - essentially giving your operator a selection of abilities from several Warframes?   Perhaps these could be mixed in with 'generic abilities' that were proposed during Focus's development. 

Yet another thought.  Could our operators perhaps acquire..  equipment?  I'd like the acquisition method to be quests.  Not grinding.  However, beggars and choosers, and all that..  This equipment could be various trinkets and artifacts that grant stats and cosmetics.  I'm speaking of things like shield belts, rings, necklaces, bracers, implants maybe.  Things that make operator play more viable and varied.

4 minutes ago, Gaminus said:

Yet another thought.  Could our operators perhaps acquire..  equipment?  I'd like the acquisition method to be quests.  Not grinding.  However, beggars and choosers, and all that..  This equipment could be various trinkets and artifacts that grant stats and cosmetics.  I'm speaking of things like shield belts, rings, necklaces, bracers, implants maybe.  Things that make operator play more viable and varied.

Absolutely agree, that sounds amazing

Have several abilities. Let the operator use the equipped warframe's abilities (str range and such affected by mods) when they don't have a separate ability selected. Maybe abilities could be focus school based, so that your school means more than just your focus ability? (Also let multi schooling be a thing. For focus and this.) 

Yes, I'd love more operator stuff. Making it more diverse and such. Still waiting for more accessory slots... I want my tiara with my occulysts.

maybe even let the operator equip one secondary weapon, for when their void powers aren't up to snuff? Or when you've used a lot. You have to wait awhile between laser blasts, after all. Plus, the lack of range can be annoying at times. So why not let operators use a secondary weapon, like hostages and operatives do? That'd be fun. I can just imagine using my Lex prime to snipe, and my laser to shred anything close.