Jump to content

Riven mods miss the mark entirely and can not be considered a band aid


pagepro
 Share

Recommended Posts

We were told that our older weapons would be deemed useful again but this is false. Sure the Riven Mods may randomly generate strong stats for the gun you want but what DE does not realize is that the guns were not weak because of the lack of mods. 

The underused guns were weak because they are inherently bad or worse than the strongest guns. We had serration, split chamber,shred,vile acceleration. We had strong mods already which was fine. We could put all of the best mods on the synoid simulor and kill everything.However when we put all of the best mods on the braton prime we struggle to kill anything. 

This is not a problem with the mods because they are working fine for the better guns. This was a problem with certain guns simply not being good enough. If the standard for a gun being good is how capable of clearing rooms it is then some guns are leading the pack while others remain unused. 

The only thing the Riven Mods have accomplished is raising the power gap further. You get a Synoid simulor Riven Mod with good stats you make you already powerful gun even more powerful. You get a Braton Prime Riven Mod with good stats you make an already weak gun slightly better.

You still aren't going to use the weaker gun are you?

We need to take a good look at why some guns are worse than others. And not just release broken mods to make matters worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pagepro said:

We were told that our older weapons would be deemed useful again but this is false. Sure the Riven Mods may randomly generate strong stats for the gun you want but what DE does not realize is that the guns were not weak because of the lack of mods. 

.However when we put all of the best mods on the braton prime we struggle to kill anything. 

You sir really need to forma your braton prime. Because mine kills level 100 people really really fast. The thing just shreds people with status procs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait, wut!? Riven mods are Weapon specific?  I didnt even see that.  I got mine, its basically a Hammer Shot I think, Crit % + Crit damage....waswondering why it didnt show up on my Soma P...

Well, that sux.  Anyway, really, Riven mods should be like potatoes or Forma.  You add it to the gun and it permanently boosts the guns stats but resets the gun to 0%.  Maybe only allow 2 Riven mods per gun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys missing a point, aren't you?

You can use any weapon on current missions. MK-1's, Dual Daggers', regular counterparts of most used Primed Weapons, underused Primed weapons - whatever. All guns are equally useless on extremely high levels, but they all doing their job on regular missions. Some do it better, some worse. These mods only add more speculation in game economy and some spare damage numbers on your guns. You don't actually need these things, you will perform same as always with them.

You kill things fast, or things kills you faster. Easy as it is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, pagepro said:

We could put all of the best mods on the synoid simulor and kill everything.However when we put all of the best mods on the braton prime we struggle to kill anything. 

 

What?? Struggle to kill anything with the Braton prime? Lmao Dude Braton p is considered a classic top tier weapon. It's a status beast & I have absolutely have no problem killing in Sorties. You sir need to invest in Forma. 

14 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

Wait, wut!? Riven mods are Weapon specific?  I didnt even see that.  I got mine, its basically a Hammer Shot I think, Crit % + Crit damage....waswondering why it didnt show up on my Soma P...

 

Apparently the first word in every Riven mod is only specific to that weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, looks like I'm going to have to repeat what pretty much everyone has been saying for the past few days.

The Riven mods would be a lot better if it only spawns for the crap-tier weapons. Tonkor and Simulor has no business having +200% Damage +180% additive crit chance +150% crit damage multiplier mods. Although admittedly those things are kinda fun if only to see how ridiculous they are in the field.

I mean, you know you've created something truly horrifying when you literally out-RNG'd Borderlands and Destiny. Some of the Riven mods I've seen either completely break the game, or make an already crappy weapon practically unusable with stats such as -118% Damage Paracyst existing out there.

At this point they can either pull all Riven mods and rebalance them, which is pretty much impossible at this point. The damage has been done. Plat has been spent. Or, as always, they simply leave things as it is until they come up with Damage 3.0 that will (somehow) magically fix everything.

By far the worst part of the update, game balance-wise.

Edited by TotallyLagging
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think most peoples concerns over Riven mods is how the game might be balanced around them. If players with these insane Riven mods ask for more challenging content, then the content will revolve around OP guns with OP mods, making it nearly impossible for a normal gun with OP mods to get through.

So far, this hasn't been the case, unless you could count sorties as pushing out weaker older weapons aside.Usually, new content has been in the level 30-40 range, making these mods useless for high level players, which still doesn't address the question of if we will ever get content that high MR players could enjoy that isn't constant grinding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, pagepro said:

We were told that our older weapons would be deemed useful again but this is false. Sure the Riven Mods may randomly generate strong stats for the gun you want but what DE does not realize is that the guns were not weak because of the lack of mods. 

The underused guns were weak because they are inherently bad or worse than the strongest guns. We had serration, split chamber,shred,vile acceleration. We had strong mods already which was fine. We could put all of the best mods on the synoid simulor and kill everything.However when we put all of the best mods on the braton prime we struggle to kill anything. 

This is not a problem with the mods because they are working fine for the better guns. This was a problem with certain guns simply not being good enough. If the standard for a gun being good is how capable of clearing rooms it is then some guns are leading the pack while others remain unused. 

The only thing the Riven Mods have accomplished is raising the power gap further. You get a Synoid simulor Riven Mod with good stats you make you already powerful gun even more powerful. You get a Braton Prime Riven Mod with good stats you make an already weak gun slightly better.

You still aren't going to use the weaker gun are you?

We need to take a good look at why some guns are worse than others. And not just release broken mods to make matters worse. 

Once you can one shot anything in the starchart what does it matter?

Riven mods look like they can make most rifles viable for 99% of content, which seems reasonable. Sure if you are going to push endless to ridiculous levels certain weapons will fall off before others but I don't see that as a major concern as not only is it niche but the way armour works it only means the better guns are viable for an extra few waves/minutes anyway.

A vocal section have been demanding more choice with modding for ages and here it is. I've seen Soma mods that are basically serration, vital sense and split chamber all rolled together. One mod to replace 3, amazing oppotunities just opened up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I prefer Smeeta, and haven't used Carrier since Kubrows released.

Thanks to carrier I removed the ammo mutation mod from my braton in favor of more damage and it works. I have 465 ammo in reserve and carrier always tops me off when I need it. 

Now to wait for a Riven Mod for the sexy lady so that it can shred people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Once you can one shot anything in the starchart what does it matter?

Riven mods look like they can make most rifles viable for 99% of content, which seems reasonable. Sure if you are going to push endless to ridiculous levels certain weapons will fall off before others but I don't see that as a major concern as not only is it niche but the way armour works it only means the better guns are viable for an extra few waves/minutes anyway.

A vocal section have been demanding more choice with modding for ages and here it is. I've seen Soma mods that are basically serration, vital sense and split chamber all rolled together. One mod to replace 3, amazing oppotunities just opened up.

 

23 minutes ago, Nordenfelt_ said:

You guys missing a point, aren't you?

You can use any weapon on current missions. MK-1's, Dual Daggers', regular counterparts of most used Primed Weapons, underused Primed weapons - whatever. All guns are equally useless on extremely high levels, but they all doing their job on regular missions. Some do it better, some worse. These mods only add more speculation in game economy and some spare damage numbers on your guns. You don't actually need these things, you will perform same as always with them.

You kill things fast, or things kills you faster. Easy as it is.

 

Then why create Riven Mods in the first place? 

It's as you say, there is nothing in warframe that is difficult enough to warrant the power that Riven Mods bring.

You can't say that they are only for the weaker weapons because we have tonkor and simulor Riven Mods. 

You say that riven mods make most guns viable for 99% of the content but this was already the case without Riven Mods existing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This new mods is just corrupted great system. I know that "Strech" give me 45% range, always, not some RNG nonsense. We had beautiful, coherent, robust modding system but this mods would ruin it.

Randomise challenges in mods? Why? We already have mission challenges, like "Get 30 melee kills", just upgrade it, make it more difficult and rewarding, maybe reword with weapon bluprints that have randomise stats, powerful and tradable ... that would be so awesome!

Please [DE] dont ruin what is already good by adding some funky and gimmik attachment, PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say Riven Mods just need to be limited to trash tier weapons like the Panthera, Seer, Lato Series and even the Flux Rifle.

Allow them to be our way of getting lower tier weapons to the level of high tier weapons through dedication, hardwork and Forma. Make it so they have set values that buff what needs to be buffed on said low tier weapons, while adding some drawbacks. Make it so rerolls change the specific genre of weapon, rolling to another weapon of the same type. Make it so rerolls don't have fluctuating prices. Yada yada yada.

Yet the thing is, now they've been allowed on already OP as all hell weapons, which never needed such a big buff in the first place. So fixing then is now nigh impossible without some major withdrawals no one will be happy about.

 

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, pagepro said:

 

Then why create Riven Mods in the first place? 

It's as you say, there is nothing in warframe that is difficult enough to warrant the power that Riven Mods bring.

You can't say that they are only for the weaker weapons because we have tonkor and simulor Riven Mods. 

You say that riven mods make most guns viable for 99% of the content but this was already the case without Riven Mods existing. 

 

Several reasons, first, versatility. Some of these mods can replace 2 or more currently slotted mods, giving some vocal players the wriggle room they have been campaigning for.

Secondly its a loot based game, players always want bigger better things, even though they don't need them. Collectors will want them, min/maxers will spend days/months re-rolling for perfect stats, traders the same.

Thirdly uniqueness. Partly linked to the above, players have the oppotunity for builds unique to them. As the stats and the attributes they affect seem to be random, cookie cutter builds will be a thing of the past.

Fourthly, incentive to play. Sorties have relevance again, vets have something to do, as do min maxers, traders, collectors, newbs have more reason to increase mastery.

do I think they are the greatest thing ever? Course not but they are a good addition to the game imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I first got my Amprex riven mod (pretty awesome mod TBH) I got really happy as I had previously believed that DE scapped the "weapon augment" idea of bringing up older lesser used weapons in power. 

However that initial happiness turned into a facepalm moment when I saw people selling Dread, Soma, Tonkor and Synoid Simulor mods with INSANE buffs equal to or larger than the buffs I got on my Amprex mod.

I dont really know what to say. This will not make the older weaker weapons more used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

I mean, you know you've created something truly horrifying when you literally out-RNG'd Borderlands and Destiny.

Please be fair to the Borderlands games. Never in their wildest dreams nor players' nightmares would Gearbox think of doing something even remotely resembling this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pagepro said:

 

Then why create Riven Mods in the first place? 

It's as you say, there is nothing in warframe that is difficult enough to warrant the power that Riven Mods bring.

You can't say that they are only for the weaker weapons because we have tonkor and simulor Riven Mods. 

You say that riven mods make most guns viable for 99% of the content but this was already the case without Riven Mods existing. 

 

Thanks for summing up my point. Thats what I mean, these mods wasn't needed at all, but DE decided what they must be implemented anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...