Zarr, a weapon needs your love

Dr.Evergreen

[This is not a spoiler, you can buy Zarr on market or just make it whatever you played TWW or not]

The concept of Zarr is good but in actual game I just wonder why Zarr works like this.

My English's so poor that I can't express my thoughts so please understand me.

Cannon : why are the submissiles heading toward MY side instead of enemies?

I just don't understand. It seems like they wanna kill me.

Like,

RGVYgJE.png

And I drew a picture the Zarr should be :

4jl6YTK.png

There. This is what Zarr should be.

Barrage mode : First the effective range is insanely short. this makes Zarr more like BAD gun.

because If I wanna use cannon, I must stay away from enemies about 20m or more.

but I cannot even scratch enemies at that point with barrage. so if you wanna use both firing modes,

you should shoot a cannon ball, evade the self bombard, then go to hordes, shoot the barrage. OR just use only one mode at once. otherwise you'll be killed yourself.

and other problem is innate punch through. yeah this is literally a problem. I usually put a Shred in ARs and Seeking Fury to shotguns.

but in this case if you wanna use barrage mode with some punch through, you just give up to use cannon mode.

As you know, an explosive gun with punch through...wow. horrible.

I suggest DE to put the innate through of 0.6~1.2m deep to barrage mode. it makes sense because it consumes Drakgoon!

Actually I understand Zarr losts its bouncing effect and pinpoint accuracy,

but why Zarr must have hilariously limited range like 15m? and where is the innate punch through of 1m?

Its base stat : well, let's just give it 20% crit and 20% proc.

its base damage is fairly lower than the other guns. even the Tonkor, renowned as its monsterous crit of 35%, have 325 base blast damage.

but Zarr have only 175 and 10% crit, 15% proc.

Smaller explosion. cruel self damage. lower damage and crit rate. asks me to rank up 2 more. this is nonsense.

I neither want to severely nerf Tonkor nor tell ya to buff Zarr to be on par with Tonkor,

but at least DE could make Zarr more better!

Tha't all. I wish DE to tweak Zarr at next U19.1 patch.

EDIT : I forgot about its projectile speed and accuracy.

cannon balls and submissiles, they should be somewhat faster so Zarr can be a real Chinese fireworks!

-I wonder why I cannot use Terminal Velocity on Zarr-

And it says its accuracy is '100' like penta and some beam weapons but actually it isn't.

just fix that accuracy stat to 28.6 or 16 or something, otherwise make it real 100.

Edited by Chantepleur

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

it's not a shotgun damnit it's a blunderbuss and those are seriously ineffective at range >_>

This. As it stands...I love the Zarr. It's a rifle...but it's a shotgun...I love it. As for the "explosives coming back at me" I've...not had that issue, that might be a bug. I've fired them  and they explode and go all at the enemies...

18 minutes ago, Chantepleur said:

and other problem is innate punch through. yeah this is literally a problem. I usually put a Shred in ARs and Seeking Fury to shotguns.

but in this case if you wanna use barrage mode with some punch through, you just give up to use cannon mode.

As you know, an explosive gun with punch through...wow. horrible.

As a Quanta user: welcome to my world.

Going punch through for the laser makes the cube worse in my opinion. But not going punch through makes the laser useless versus crowds.

1 hour ago, Insizer said:

As a Quanta user: welcome to my world.

Going punch through for the laser makes the cube worse in my opinion. But not going punch through makes the laser useless versus crowds.

Yeah, I have Quanta Vandal and its multicam skin but I just stuck it in my storage because of DAT reason.

Edited by Chantepleur

1 hour ago, Krivasran said:

I think the projectiles behave as if the main projectile "bounced". They will head in a reflecting direction from the impact point.

I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I've noticed the behavior when hitting certain objects and architecture.

I agree with you. it seems like reflecting. this could be a structural defect I think.

if enemies are in line and heading to me, Zarr can only kill the first and closest enemy.

almost all of submissiles are heading my side so they just nibble my shield and health.

On ‎2016‎년 ‎11‎월 ‎14‎일 at 10:55 PM, Hixlysss said:

This. As it stands...I love the Zarr. It's a rifle...but it's a shotgun...I love it. As for the "explosives coming back at me" I've...not had that issue, that might be a bug. I've fired them  and they explode and go all at the enemies...

Hmm but my friends and acquaintances are suffering same problem with me.

Perhaps it's because I and my friends are usually aiming at the enemies' body like Tonkor,

and you just shoots everywhere like ground and walls to bombard like B-2.

I'll test more tomorrow anyway.

EDIT : if was a bug and fixed at 19.0.3. now I can use it very effectively.

Edited by Chantepleur