Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva sounds like Kurwa or Kurva

k05h

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

kuva also means a picture along with whatever you mean c_c

Yep! Was just gonna say that! It's FInnish btw.

EDIT: And iirc in Sanskrit it meant Lotus. Considering DE has taken words from Sanskrit before, this could be a valid trivia ...?

Edited by evergreenmind

Just now, k05h said:

I grew up with some Polish friends and kurwa was quite a common swear word. 

i just mean that the word sound diffrent from kuva anywho... though i don't know how kurwa is properly pronounced.

in all honesty its just one of the universes irrelevant coincidences 

First Endo, now Kuva... Why do you care? You obviously know what it means in this case, and DE aren't obligated to proofcheck if any new term they introduce coincides with yet another marginal word from a different language.

In these two cases, the problem was not with DE's choice of word, it was with sensibilities of those who choose to see a different meaning in it. Show some maturity and move along.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey94 said:

is jus game

why u hef 2 be med

EA Sperts: is jes the game

Hide contents

Man, if anyone gets this reference, I'll be mighty impressed

Its just a game

Why are you find be mad 

EA sports : Its just the game 

?

What is that some kind of leet ive never saw before  ?

5 minutes ago, Varacal said:

i swear there was a topic like this before in a previous big update

Yep, it was about how endo is meant to be some sort of drug irl. DE came out saying the name in-game has no relation to real life.

Mesa, Blunt, Endo, Kuva, Nekro's crotch. They have no relation to real life equivalences or words that sound slightly the same in a different language.

1 minute ago, Postal_pat said:

Yep, it was about how endo is meant to be some sort of drug irl. DE came out saying the name in-game has no relation to real life.

Mesa, Blunt, Endo, Kuva, Nekro's crotch. They have no relation to real life equivalences or words that sound slightly the same in a different language.

Its kinda hard to avoid.

I came up to Rebecca with a list of french bad puns in the game. Guess what? They were all not intended at all.

Edited by trunks013

Just now, Postal_pat said:

But as much as people complain about the grind for Ku(r)va ... maybe the name was foresight.

13 minutes ago, k05h said:

But as much as people complain about the grind for Ku(r)va ... maybe the name was foresight.

In every instance I've found people pronounce the 'r' or some form of it. Without the 'r' it translates to picture or image in Finnish.

Edited by Postal_pat

4 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

It has the same meaning in most east european languages, but in polish you spell kurwa with "w" instead of "v" iirc.

Gotta be careful where and when do i discuss kuva farming strategies, most people don't think that i'm talking about a video game...

This!

In voice chat with an american accent it sounds more like the uninteded f-word.

Seriusly people grow up, if people play this game they will know of the word, if not send them the wiki link to it, jesus every godddamn word can mean anytihng in any language.

Hell, most words that are swear words today were used as normal terms but youths society decided to make it a god damn insult also.

Do people really need to inerpret dumb things into anything today? Its a goddamn game with a maked up word and of course in a world with god knows how many languages it might exist there already or is just simliar.

53 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

First Endo, now Kuva... Why do you care?

Because Warframe is a globally played game and because English is not the only language on the planet. The word kurva/kurwa does exist in multiple Eastern European languages. We are all raised not to use the f-word or the b-word in our corresponding languages. If DE would have called the new resource f***ing b*** a lot of people would be bothered. 

Edited by k05h

We all know the original 'What.. why is it called that?' in the game is Hunhow, anyway. Explain THAT one to me, especially since it's been around forever with the 'Hunhow' Sentinel mask!

('hunhow' is pronounced in dialogue to sound just like 'hen hao' or 很好 which means 'good' in Mandarin Chinese...)