Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesize a synthesis target without traps or abilities and without taking damage while using a hobbled key

Snowbluff

Just now, Surly4Panda said:

I can confirm that for those requirement, Ivara with prowl works. I think the no abilities part meant no abilities used on the target like using rhino stomp to paralyze the target.

It seems like (at least atm) you can't use them a certain distance around the target. I tried with Loki first, didn't fail until I had to recast stealth.

Spoiler

Transference would be a good tool, but it also counts as an ability.

Technically speaking in the future players should be able to get someone to ghost them through.

1 hour ago, Synpai said:

It seems like (at least atm) you can't use them a certain distance around the target. I tried with Loki first, didn't fail until I had to recast stealth.

Hide contents

Transference would be a good tool, but it also counts as an ability.

Technically speaking in the future players should be able to get someone to ghost them through.

You may be right about the range. When I did it with Ivara I stealth thru the whole thing, scanning regularly to stay on track. So I was about as far away from the target as I can when I did my scans.

Edited by Surly4Panda
Spelling

2 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

can't a friend beat the exterminate mission taking all the damage they want... then you walk up and scan it?

That's what I meant. Player 1 just sits at the start. Player 2 stealths through (If they go guns blazing the synthesis target will be alerted making it harder, and more dangerous for Player 1 to scan).

Edited by Synpai
Finishing thought.

21 minutes ago, Synpai said:

That's what I meant. Player 1 just sits at the start. Player 2 stealths through (If they go guns blazing the synthesis target will be alerted making it harder, and more dangerous for Player 1 to scan).

not if player 2 is a trintiy and uses well of life on the target.... it says the mod carrier can't use a power, as long as YOU activate no power i'm guessing the game doesn't know that someone else did....

2 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

not if player 2 is a trintiy and uses well of life on the target.... it says the mod carrier can't use a power, as long as YOU activate no power i'm guessing the game doesn't know that someone else did....

Not sure that will work. I unlocked my mod so I cannot go back and check but I am pretty sure that the mod said "alone", at the end. Also, you do not alert the target unless you are close. I finished my in a capture mission when I took a while to chase down the capture target since I got the hobble key. The scan target was not alert when I found it.

No, the last hotfix hasn't changed anything, and this missions is 100 times worse than all others combined, simply because it's excessively hard to scan the target without it to retaliate.

The biggest problem with this challenge, is that cephalon targets are found on specific nodes, and that many of them are found in capture/rescue missions, in which the mobs are in a permanent alerted state.

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that as of update 19.4.1 the ivara method still works just never let enemies see you stealth and be wary of letting pickpocketing enemies as that can sometimes trigger it. Maybe. It was hard to tell. Also use the tricks the video above used to make things even easier.