Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoilers) TWW Riven Mods - a honest comment.

sinisteran

So riven mods have split or community quite badly. Generally some liked it if they rolled a good mod, whilst others moaned because they didnt. While this is fair as it is a human nature I was one that was in both these worlds. I managed to acquire 2 good and 1 bad mod. 

https://imgur.com/a/No61Q

Whilst many would call me lucky, I disagree. The matter of fact is, I dont need the mods for the Cernos and Tonkor. I have them Forma'd enough to kill everything that matters, lvl 200 plus with a few shots. Thats the problem I have with Riven mods. Not only does it contribute to further unnecessary power creep, its random nature plagues old weapons even more. If DE wants to make older weapons viable, they should look at their data and see what weapons are underused and under powered and give those the riven mods. Already capable weapons just don't need Riven mods and while they are at it remove the ridiculous penalties and unlock requirements some have.

I also think the randomness factor isnt great. For example a elemental weapon could a Riven mod that increases only puncture. I think there needs to be some sort of control algorithm to ensure that useless mods dont exist. And I think the excuse of rerolling if you get a bad one isnt acceptable. If you get a completely useless mod you are forced to RNG and reroll because you have no choice. I think Riven mods should be based on luck. But not have useless mods. Have them range from slightly useful to very good. But not useless. That way, even if you are gambling you aren't gambling because you have no choice but to.

I also think Riven mods should be more like augments and syndi weapon mods but with OP stats to make weapons like Daikyu viable with enough Forma. This is just my two cents and by no means do i think my solution is perfect. I look forward to seeing your inputs into this new system.

Edited by sinisteran

I think with this feature DE have shown players that they really don't care to listen to feedback, and are happy to ram yet more unwanted RNG down players throats, and make already broken systems even more broken.

I've yet to do TWW questline, and I'm no longer even inclined to do the work to unlock it, because the end rewards stand a very good chance of being a piece of crap, for a junk weapon.

At least with Second Dream we had the choice of what focus school we got at the end of it, and customising our chosen school was a simple matter of putting the work in, instead of being a complete crapshoot like this.

Warframe may not be Pay to Win on account of being PvE, but it has become Pay to Avoid Wasting Hours of Your Time on an RNG Gear Grind of Epic Proportions.

And I though getting best in slot gear for level 19 twinks in WoW was bad.

Edited by polarity

Just now, polarity said:

And I though getting best in slot gear for level 19 twinks in WoW was bad.

It wasn't that bad if you'd been there practically from day one and kept up with things.

Personally, this new mod...mmm...how to put this? I don't see it being a particularly big deal to me. I probably will fiddle with them, but it's a sideline. Just something to do when I have nothing better to do or I'm in just the right mood to work on it. I don't see it as my primary focus in the game and it won't really change the way I typically play.

Just like twinking in WoW...

They listen to feedback but they don't implement it in the right way sometimes or in ways the community wants. I think you should do War Within if anything for the story, the experience is worth it. There isnt much work for it. And I think it's unfair of you to judge something before even trying it. Quests you do for the story, not the rewards. If all you want are rewards then feel free to do sorties and endless fissures. 

The WW quest was fun and entertaining...definitely revealing in cool ways. Riven mods seem like they could add an interesting layer of customization.  But...

1... We now really need new ways to add more mods. More mods slots...? Maybe? Augement slots? Riven slots?

2... Some RIven mods are broken grants stats to weapons that can't take advantage of said stats. An example would be puncture damage on Aegis/Silva.

note: What would be interesting is if Riven mods also came with a side car or pocket. Equipping a riven mod would grant the stats fof that mod but also grant another empty mod slot only while riven was installed. 

I spend 2k plat for these mods:

http://imgur.com/6Q5yDr5

I dont know about what DE thinking about this. But the price of the powercreep riven mod is getting higher day by day.. I believe it will outperform Prime Chamber. If DE really make Riven Mods less RNG, It will be a heartache for most players who has good riven mods.

Well, since I already got my Riven mods, I am prepared to see the market fluctuate as it is now. Soon Riven Mods for Secondary and Melee will come out too, then I might spend another 2k plat. So I bet DE will be happy to see the trade exchanges more = more plat potential buyer.

Man, we had just finished discussing the issue of distributing limited-edition Glyphs within the clan - the trouble that comes with separating those who "have" from those who "have not."

We had just gotten over that when DE did this.

Riven mods are quickly stratifying the player base according to those who have or can buy them, and those who can't. What happens when Riven mods are such an established part of the game that some content begins to be balanced around them?

The player base is beginning to stratify, and later on the shrinking will begin. I have seen this dance played out across several games, and I don't want it to happen to Warframe.