Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spoilers] My theory on stalker, acolytes, and the umbra, based on TWW

i.chit.you.not

So during the quest, the Queen wants to control/possess the warframe and cutting of the Tenno Transference

based on this my thinking is that,

1. stalker and the acolytes were warframes who's transference got cut off and possessed by others (still a mystery where the rogues force comes from, could be banished orokin who were driven mad by the void)

2. umbras are possessed wf who regained transference through defeating the possessor, therefore they are stronger

it makes sense

Edited by g4yb4ll

First of all, you should have a spoiler tag. And second, you're wrong.

The Queen wanted to possess the Operator, not the Warframe. She drilled into the frame to hijack the transferance link and get into your head.

Even then, your theory doesn't make much sense as the Queens are the only surviving Orokin after we slaughtered them, so there's nobody to have possessed Stalker and the Umbras.

Edited by Gran_Maw_Sigmus

As an addition: Only the Orokin can possess bodies/ warframes, as far as I know. So it has to be some other ancient Orokin like the Queens or the Operator.

Fun Fact: ''Umbra'' is latin and directly means ''The Shadow'' So technically the Shadow Stalker is at some point the ''Umbra Stalker''. So we can get even more theories about that. Let me start then: The Stalker got his title of ''Umbra'' / ''Stalker'' from Hunhow (that guy is a sentient, not really related to the Orokin). This means that the ''Umbra Excalibur'' should also be kind of modified or changed by Hunhow. Everything is possible.

4 minutes ago, Gran_Maw_Sigmus said:

the Queens are the only surviving Orokin after we slaughtered them, so there's nobody to have possessed Stalker and the Umbras.

I don't think that is true. Because I know that somewhere it was mentioned that some of the Orokin ran away from the War when we slaughtered them. This means that there are still many more Orokin left, maybe far away, but they are still left. One of these might be the Stalker (because he wants to take revenge on the Tenno because they killed the Orokin).

By the way: We should include the Operator's ''father'' (we were remembering some of his phrases, he said to the Operator, in the War Within). 

At the end when we had the Orokin blood/ poison (some theories point out that it is the Queen's soul or something, so when you consumed that, the Queen is now inside you... and might take control in future quests) the father was clearly really important with the phrases.

There were 3 different ones:

• You mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget?
    You owe me.
  • Just remember kiddo, you're nothing without me.
  • Hey, kiddo, what took you so long?

I really expect him to be an important role in the future. We don't know much about how the Zariman (Operator) was born/ created but I guess the father can be pretty important. Maybe he was one of the Orokin survivors I mentioned earlier.

Everything can be possible.

1 hour ago, g4yb4ll said:

1. stalker and the acolytes were warframes who's transference got cut off and possessed by others (still a mystery where the rogues force comes from, could be banished orokin who were driven mad by the void)

Hmm...

This might be able to consolidate Stalker's old lore -- i.e. he was a non-Tenno security guard -- and his new lore -- i.e. he's a Warframe operator and had no idea about it

Edited by TARINunit9