Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

conclave status ?

Elyann

Question

I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem but...whenever I try to join any kind of conclave related game...it's either those 2-3 ultra op veterans that you always 
seem to find in that game type or there's simply no one queuing at all.
It feels like conclave is dead...and getting matched against those  really good pvpers doesn't really allow you to improve.
I understand the devs position talking about WF as a cooperative game...but...conclave would really need some more cares.

7 answers to this question

They do care about conclave. It's the players who don't like PvP.

However if you want to improve, you better play a lot of PvE to get a lot of good stuff and then use that for Conclave. That's your only way to improve right now.

5 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

They do care about conclave. It's the players who don't like PvP.

However if you want to improve, you better play a lot of PvE to get a lot of good stuff and then use that for Conclave. That's your only way to improve right now.

I already do, my MR is 20, been playing for about 2 years now....I do take it easy even cause I like playing many other games with friends...but still I know how my frames and weapons work.
The point is that no one seems to like to pvp at all...I love pve...and the recent reworks to some bosses mechs make it be even more fun...but still...playing a 3rd person shooter without being able to occasionally challenge other players inside battlegrounds...it feels bad.

What rockscl said. However, it's definitely an issue that we've had to resort to such measures to find games – even before TWW dropped. I put it down to a few things:

1. Lack of an Elo system. One of the main sources of frustration for Conclave players seems to be that they end up facing off against players radically more experienced themselves. From one of Steve's tweets a while ago I gather Elo is on the to-do list, but I rather hope it's at the top of it.
  2. Bad word-of-mouth about Conclave. Many of the problems Conclave used to have (with the above notable exception) have been rectified, but there are some general misconceptions about it, and liking Conclave seems to be an unpopular opinion.
  3. Dedicated Servers making it take longer to find a game. Prior to the implementation of dedicated servers, finding out if there was an active game in a game-mode was as simple as selecting the mode in question: if the matchmaking display immediately turned to 'waiting for players' you knew there was nothing out there, and could easily cancel out of it and move on. Now you have to go through two loading screens as you enter an empty server then exit back to the Liset – you have to be pretty determined to cycle through every mode in multiple regions like this.
  4. Splitting of Conclave players: What players there are are divided between roughly six geographical regions, then divided again between five different game-modes, and then again between Recruit Conditioning and non-Recruit Conditioning. It's only by a general word-of-mouth consensus ("FFA and TA are most popular" "NA region is most populated") that we're able to consolidate and make reasonably-sized lobbies – but new players don't know this. A server browser showing all the active lobbies in one place – regardless of mode, region or RC – would help with this substantially.
Edited by TheJadrimian

Yep, War Within came out so even a number of the expert Conclavers are doing PvE.

The lack of being able to see a number of games available or active without a server browser or whatever also puts a damper on things.

I also find that playing against most veterans and experts in standard Conclave is frustrating and not enjoyable.  It usually ends up being that they just outright kill you while doing somersaults in the air, or they go low on health and it becomes a wild goose chase.  With casuals or veterans not going all out, players tend to stand and fight rather than run when their health goes low, and the atmosphere isn't so hectic.  Playing in a casual atmosphere may not phenomenally increase one's skills, but it's much less stressful.