Any advice on finding Rare/Reinforced Orokin Containers?

SiegfriedNox

Question

I've been trying to get the parts for the Mantis craft for a while now. Managed to get the ones dropped from Corpus and Grineer containers, but the Orokin containers continue to elude me. Is there some secret for finding them? Some mission where they are more likely to appear? I think I've seen two rare Orokin containers in what must be a year, and neither of them had landing craft parts.

7 answers to this question

Rare container hum similar to how caches do, so having sound on helps.

They also tend to spawn solo and not near other containers.

Look in places that are over looked, under stairs, in small alcoves, in elevated hidden rooms etc.

Animal Instinct, Loot Detector etc will make it a lot easier.

Edited by Keiiken

Yeah, I'm pretty good at following the sound cues, and I always run with the Animal Instinct (or, sometimes, with the Thief's Wit as well). Been doing Void runs non-stop, scouring the entire map, but so far no luck. I've been doing Exterminate and Capture, mostly the latter (because running a few dozen Exterminate runs back to back is a little insufferable). I was wondering if some specific mission types have a higher chance of spawning a rare crate than others. Would it be worth trying Derelict missions instead, since they presumably spawn Orokin crates as well?

28 minutes ago, SiegfriedNox said:

Would it be worth trying Derelict missions instead, since they presumably spawn Orokin crates as well?

Void, Derelict, Moon - whichever tileset you're most comfortable with.

Personally, for clean sweeps, I do best with the classic Void tiles.

If you are familiar with the derelict tiles it could be worth expanding your search to that tileset. Main reason being the golden aura of the rare/reinforced containers stands out much better against the tangled dark overgrown derelict corridors than the clean bright halls of the void tileset. Also, the derelict has a bit less tile variety, so learning the secret locations wouldn't take that long.