Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complete hobbled synthesis without taking damage and no abilities

Sophisticated_Beast

This is extremely hard challenge with no abilities or by taking no damage.  I failed this task so many times then completed it by using loki and stealth most exterminate mission then not using abilities when see it.  Then as I got the scan, I started rest of mission thinking it was complete and took damage (or cast, cant tell how I failed) - and failed again. 

Once I ran mission slowly and hit a exploding barrel.  So many ways to fail and so much harder than all other tasks.  The hobbled is nothing, I never use traps either, but no abilities combined with no damage is crazy hard.  Am I supposed to just find a squad, sit at beginning, and wait for team mates to complete task (hoping they do not kill it like 90% of time)? 

This one is bad. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Added spoiler tag

I got the same one , i found a simaris target that would only melee and not shoot. I was also able to find a low level exterminate missions with this target and used pox to clear up the rest of the enemies and opened the node. Took me around 3 times to clear it.

Hey guys! I actually managed to complete this one on Saturday. Here's what I did: 

• Equipped my Huras Kubrow with the "Stalk" mod (allows the Huras Kubrow to cloak itself and you when enemies are nearby). Allowed me to stay cloaked without using abilities. 
  • Picked a Synthesis Target that I knew would be found in a lower level planet/mission (I picked "Runner" as my target). 
  • Paced myself! It took me 4-5 times before I managed to get the target.
  • Profit! 

Proof in the pudding [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

Warframe0136.jpg

Warframe0139.jpg

Get creative! There's a lot of trial and error when it comes to the more complex requirements. For example, I learned that I need to clear the area before getting to the target to not draw attention to me or alert the target to run/attack me. It took me a few times to get this one down pat but I found a system that ended up working for me in the end. 

Good luck out there :) 

• Like 2

Does shield damage count as taking damage?  I'm guessing the answer is yes because I finally completed this, or so I thought, after far too many tries and it didn't unlock.  I didn't notice a failure message during the mission.

Or is it that I was using Loki invisibility the whole mission?   If the requirement is to take no damage, shield or otherwise, and use no abilities the entire mission then cheesing it with a Limbo friend is probably the way to go because that challenge is just ludicrous.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! I actually managed to complete this one on Saturday. Here's what I did: 

• Equipped my Huras Kubrow with the "Stalk" mod (allows the Huras Kubrow to cloak itself and you when enemies are nearby). Allowed me to stay cloaked without using abilities. 
  • Picked a Synthesis Target that I knew would be found in a lower level planet/mission (I picked "Runner" as my target). 
  • Profit! 

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0136.jpg

Warframe0139.jpg

Get creative! There's a lot of trial and error when it comes to the more complex requirements. For example, I learned that I need to clear the area before getting to the target to not draw attention to me or alert the target to run/attack me. It took me a few times to get this one down pat but I found a system that ended up working for me in the end. 

Some of the requirements are ridiculously easy, while some are absurd like this one. Any discussion happening regarding this? For example, one that I had was "Kill 6 enemies while sliding without being detected" which is absolutely trivial. Another I had was "Complete an exterminate of at least level 30 with an extinguished dragon key equipped without being detected" which is mind-bogglingly difficult and tedious. The kicker is that the one that required the sliding kills ended up being a much better mod than the one extinguished exterminate one.

Edited by Synitare

11 minutes ago, Synitare said:

Some of the requirements are ridiculously easy, while some are absurd like this one. Any discussion happening regarding this? For example, one that I had was "Kill 6 enemies while sliding without being detected" which is absolutely trivial. Another I had was "Complete an exterminate of at least level 30 with an extinguished dragon key equipped without being detected" which is mind-bogglingly difficult and tedious. The kicker is that the one that required the sliding kills ended up being a much better mod than the one extinguished exterminate one.

Discussions are being had yes! More info to come. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Profit! 

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0136.jpg

Warframe0139.jpg

Oh Danielle you poor thing, what a crappy mod you got : / 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

Does shield damage count as taking damage?  I'm guessing the answer is yes because I finally completed this, or so I thought, after far too many tries and it didn't unlock.  I didn't notice a failure message during the mission.

Or is it that I was using Loki invisibility the whole mission?   If the requirement is to take no damage, shield or otherwise, and use no abilities the entire mission then cheesing it with a Limbo friend is probably the way to go because that challenge is just ludicrous.

Yes, invisibility is an ability.

16 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Profit! 

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0136.jpg

Warframe0139.jpg

Only 4-5 attempts to scan one target.... Try to do that with 5 targets:

RF4aX4r.jpg

You can't even have 5 scans of simaris target in one day!

And what if "challange" fails just at the moment when you scan last point on the target?

In the end it may take like a week or more to complete this, and you'll have to spend like 1-2h every day for this stupid "challange"... And then... get a mod for some absolutely useless gun with absolutely useless stats like -20% clip +80% reload time...

And only way to complete this challange, like you mentioned above - some walkaround in game mechanics or some bug or something like that. Because there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to get to a target and scan it and get no damage without using any abilities if you're visible and there are any mobs on the map at all(except scanning target it must be on the map in any case). Plust it seems that alerting target fails the challange. Because i tried to do that with clan mates, when i was sitting with ivara in the safe spot on the map(or with ember with ultie on) and every time they alerted the target challange was immediately failed, and once they successfully scanned it, but it didn't give me or that other guy in the safe spot any simaris exp and it didn't count as a success, but didn't count as fail either...

And how did you even pick a damn target?! I didn't see that simaris ever offers a list of targets to scan, it usualy says "Go scan corpus crewman for me. Cya!" or  something like that.

7 minutes ago, RadYogh said:

You can't even have 5 scans of simaris target in one day!

And how did you even pick a damn target?! I didn't see that simaris ever offers a list of targets to scan, it usualy says "Go scan corpus crewman for me. Cya!" or  something like that.

If you haven't done all the "research" targets yet, you can do more than the quest targets per day. Go to the simaris room.  There are actually 3 computers you can access.  One is the main guy quest giver.  One is rewards. And one has a list of research targets. You can select which one you want to go after.

Unless you've done them all previously, if that's possible?  I haven't!

What really ticks me off is damage taken after you have completed synthesis still fails mission.  Accidentally hit an exploding chest, also fail.  The no damage or the no abilities part of this needs to be removed. 

I'm a long time player and having trouble with this one without just cheesing it.  Doing it solo will take hours.  Not fun.  When a game is not fun, I don't play them. 

Challenge is one thing, not being able to complete in reasonable time without having friend do challenge, limbo cheese, etc. is another.  All challenges should be able to do solo. 

1 hour ago, Hyrind said:

If you haven't done all the "research" targets yet, you can do more than the quest targets per day. Go to the simaris room.  There are actually 3 computers you can access.  One is the main guy quest giver.  One is rewards. And one has a list of research targets. You can select which one you want to go after.

Unless you've done them all previously, if that's possible?  I haven't!

I've done them all looong time ago, when it was a new feature...

Yeah... I did an attempt to complete at least one target using that focus with inivisibility on melee crit... and you know what? there was an exploding barrel near the 3rd mob that I hit... And shade didn't give invisibility except 2 or 3 times in ENTIRE mission for just a moment... RANDOMLY and only when mobs were like 1 meter away from me. And I hate freakin' dogs and I hate how "pets" work in warframe - you have to always put them into stasis and then remove from stasis and pay 10k credits to boost that crap and they degrade anyway and you have to use stabilizers.... or you risk to just forget about that crap and it will die with that potato and all freakin' formas you put into it to make it at least somewhat useful(and it still sucks comparing to any drone, the only good thing about pets - you can revive them and that it. they don't suck in @(*()$ loot and that is absolutely required in warframe... otherwise your gameplay will focus only on gathering @(*()$ loot...)...

And another thing - most other challanges are freaking not challanging at all! While this one is just rIdiculous.  This isn't a challange at all, this looks more like some kind of sexual perversion.

Edited by RadYogh

This challenge isn't really that hard with one exception, not taking damage mostly involves taking a low enemy count and level mission (like sabotage), avoiding getting detected and using long-range silent weapons.

The exception is that if you've done all normal sets of synthesis scans your only choice is Daily Synthesis and it can give you an enemy that's nigh impossible to avoid taking damage from (say, an enemy with high rate of fire weapon or bombard). They are pretty much always alerted once you scan at least one point to scan and you need to scan 4. It would be nice if this requirement made an exception for damage taken from synthesis target.

Its actually very easy to solo if ur simaris target is melee and infested, u dont even need to use silenced weapons for those ...

If ur simaris target isnt melee just abandon the quest and wait for one that does cause only way u can safely scan a ranged simaris target is in a very large room and if he doesnt run to a tight space otherwise ur in for a world of frustration...

If u have a melee simaris target but vs a non infested faction then just use silenced weapon 4 easy mode but still takes way more time than vs infested ...