Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW spoilers] Potentially creating new Tenno.

Tesseract_The_Pariah

I want to preface this by saying that this is merely a hypothetical.  A "what if." 

I think there could be a way to humanely create more Tenno, if we ever need to replenish our numbers.

From some dialogue in TWW, I think we can discern that warp void exposure isn't traumatic to the children.  The real issue is everyone else.  Yes, there are lingering effects, akin to schizophrenia, but, like any mental issue, it can be conquered.  Even if it is supernatural in nature, aka demon possession, we seem to handle it well.  Perhaps it is merely exacerbated by PTSD.

What I propose to humanely create new Tenno is -

1.  Volunteers.  We tell them fully what to expect.  Everything.  We tell their parents.  We do a preliminary test to see if they can handle it.

2. We go into the Void with them - or our frames.  We can protect or immediately start guiding them on how to handle the voices and their new powers.

3. Once they've learned to at least control their powers, we let them see their families again.  Maybe even find a secure location for them, and set up their somatic pods (if they need it, lol.) there.  Essentially, we could become a viable faction.

4. Profit.  And not for the corpus.

Now imagine hundreds of thousands of Warframes, rampaging against the Grineer.  Oop?  Someone died.  Oh well.  Here kiddo, a new warframe.

"humanely create more Tenno"

Yer suggesting quite a drastic change of living for random children.

also,  Once they've learned to at least control their powers, we let them see their families again.

That... does not sound right you know lol

The bigger issue with it though is since they would still have families and friends, it would be impossible to secure their loyalty to the Lotus and in turn would create different factions of Tenno who might just... severely disagree with each other. 

3 minutes ago, Zivilfer said:

"humanely create more Tenno"

Yer suggesting quite a drastic change of living for random children.

also,  Once they've learned to at least control their powers, we let them see their families again.

That... does not sound right you know lol

The bigger issue with it though is since they would still have families and friends, it would be impossible to secure their loyalty to the Lotus and in turn would create different factions of Tenno who might just... severely disagree with each other. 

Well, we let them see in person perhaps.  Space skype calls/letters should be possible.  Main concern is a kid melting their mom's face off.

Also, I suppose you're right about that.  Too many Tenno, and we'll start having..  shudders politics.

Edited by Gaminus

so, make the tenno faction great again? ( jk )

for all we know, not only the zariman children were being experimented on the warframe project. they took the children of the mars colonies and other plebs to make an army of tenno.

we are talking about planets, a solar system size civilization, probably millions of children were forcefully made into tenno

i dont think we need to make more of them at this point, just wait for the sentients to fully come back then there would be casualties

Edited by Toppien

55 minutes ago, Toppien said:

they took the children of the mars colonies

Actually considering Inaros' Quest in light of the notion of Orokin Continuity (AKA Transferring into younger bodies)...May be more likely those children were taken to be offered up as "Yuvan".

11 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Actually considering Inaros' Quest in light of the notion of Orokin Continuity (AKA Transferring into younger bodies)...May be more likely those children were taken to be offered up as "Yuvan".

Holy crap. You're right.

That suddenly takes away the one piece of evidence which ever suggested that the Orokin somehow had a way to make more Tenno. 

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Holy crap. You're right.

That suddenly takes away the one piece of evidence which ever suggested that the Orokin somehow had a way to make more Tenno. 

Maybe. As it stands, I admit that I know there's a 'Confirmation needed' to this for now...but it does seem the most plausible explanation for events. And honestly...an equally solid reason for Inaros' rebellion.

It almost seems like the Orokin treated their own subjects, fellow sapient beings, as livestock for their own petty personal vanity. Got to wonder what blinkered fool wrote the Fragment relating to the era...or what threats they were under to put done what we've got to read about it. Utopia? Certainly not for anyone less than Orokin...

Morality limbo...just how low can they go?

Well something along the line goes in Star Wars for those unfamiliar with it. Jedi are taken really young as kids with the aproval of the family to be taught the ways of the force and to become a Jedi, however they believed emotions to be a weakness that could lead to the dark side and therefore didn't allow them to see their families again and they can't get married.But Revan, who is probably one of the greatest Jedi in the universe walked both, the path of dark and light and realised that some of the teachings of the Jedi are wrong, like the one about emotions.

3 hours ago, Blakrana said:

who says they werent doing both?, i dont think they made an intesterar conflict with the sentiens with just a tiny group of tenno, if you consider the lore, when the zariman accident happens, the orokin thought the void was a mystic and unknown place, later they master it and the waframe technology (primes and the corrupted technology, the orokin void towers, and the void keys and gates), im sure at some point they learned how to make more tenno for the war effort against the sentients, and while getting more children, they of course took some as snaks for their continuity.

5 hours ago, AgentScarlet said:

I don't think there is any way to humanely create child soldiers.

This, right up there. :thumbup:

And even if you ignore the ethical issues there is the problem when you have too many 'super heroes'.  If everyone is Super then no one is.

It is probably best to keep the number of homicidal super children to a minimum if possible.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

This thread made me think of something.What if in a distant future where the tenno are already grown up(that is if they age, its still an unknown factor) and realize the need for newer generations of tenno?Then they start forming tenno schools again for teaching newer generations.And then you have the old tenno in their master frames(something along the line of Prime but instead their own creations decorated with platinum or silver).Sounds to me like a nice idea for a future game related to Warframe.

The Tenno allready grew in numbers during the War. Their society created the Path of the Focus; the schools.

They forged weapons, mods, warframes and much more.

I am convinced now that the Technocyte Virus originated in the Void, specifically on the Zariman. The key to immortality, the Kava the Oro,  the Forma, the Cephalons, the Orokin, the Warframes and the Infestation;  it all came from the same place.

I believe that the children aboard the Zariman were different,  engineered with nanobots. This was saved them, what made them evolve to survive in the fold.

Teshin spoke of a place where dreams live, a place of voices and madness. So they released the Void into the universe.

I wonder if we will see a change in the infestation soon. Feels like DE have a chapter to tell there soon. 

well, we don't really know the extent of the mental influence of the void exposure is yet. Since our operators just actually woke up. Yeah they woke up in TSD but Magulis's memory wipe was still affecting them. Now we just saw that voice in their head Magulis mentioned and did somatic link for came back. So we'll see.