Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd like to thank DE for Riven mods

Rekkou

Thanks to these mods, weapons i like but with inadequate stats are now more comparable to the top weapons i have. I can now use my Tiberon on much higher level mission, my Latrons are now on par with Dex Sybaris, and finally my Daikyu can get a crit chance to 75%, making it more viable as sniping weapon. And considering the mods for OP weapons are just as hard to get and gets more and more expensive the more OP they are, it doesn't make me feel bad for not having them. Why spent 1000p to make 1 strong weapon becomes even stronger when you can use that plat to make 3 weak weapons to be more on par to your strong weapons?

My only complaint is the complete RNG nature of the mods. You can get a mod for a weapon that helps it in no way because of the lackluster stats on the weapon already that the mod chooses to improve.

Other than that, I'm kind of interested to see what's possible with them, but the pure randomness of the stats leads to more than a few lemons.

I, for one, am anxious to get one for the Braton or Karak series. I miss the good old days when I barely had a decently modded Braton and had to fight to survive, so I've been aching for a standard assault rifle that can be taken into high levels to match my 3 years of experience. The Soma is too much of an LMG with its massive clip size, so I disfavor using it.

I wish they were more accessible.  The RNG nature of their unlock wouldn't bother me so much if I could so readily toss it and just go grab another, but since they're locked behind sorties, which I find a chore to do anyway...

I'm more interested in their utility stats, like reload speed, magazine capacity, -recoil, etc.  I can transform a weapon with those.  Damage I only find necessary so that certain weapons don't become useless beyond level 15 targets.  I'd like to use my Karak more often for instance, or get such a huge velocity buff going on the Dera I can pretend it's an actual Star Wars E11 (Stormtrooper Blaster.)

Stupid $#!%.  I have the most fun in this game experimenting with goofy mod builds.  Unfortunately, utility mods are garbage tier because they barely influence anything while eating a mod slot and mod points, while damage mods are overly compensating.

Edited by Littleman88

9 minutes ago, gizol333 said:

CxNZIpiW8AArZUS.jpg

I think this is self-explanatory....

I think other people using that mod is irrelevant to my game play.  We really should stop caring about whether or not people are capable of one-shotting level 70 enemies or level 100 enemies or level 200 enemies.  After a certain point, it's kind of just overkill for overkill's sake, and DE really shouldn't be rendering things super PITA to get for everyone/everything else just because of a few extraordinary outliers.  

Getting tired of this game being built and balanced around people abusing broken mechanics and horrific balancing sense.  A developer either fixes this $#!% or pretends it's not a consideration when pumping out new content, but for Lotus' sake stop creating content that demands people to use brokenly OP $#!% and strategies.  It's just going to make things even harder for the developers when they do decide to go back and fix the broken $#!%.

Edited by Littleman88

13 minutes ago, gizol333 said:

CxNZIpiW8AArZUS.jpg

I think this is self-explanatory....

To me that explains as "the thing that made people spent majority of their time lurking at trade chat trying to sell it for 3000p instead of actually enjoying the game"

14 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

I wish they were more accessible.  The RNG nature of their unlock wouldn't bother me so much if I could so readily toss it and just go grab another, but since they're locked behind sorties, which I find a chore to do anyway...

Agreed. Only been getting endo from sorties after the update... And my quest reward was for Vulklok so yeah. Also because of resellers, the price is high even for mods with bad stats... Really would love to get cernos or grakata mod, but i'm not paying 100-200plat for them :-/ Oh well, I guess I gotta wait for few months so prices go down.