[Spoiler] Fall Damage

PsychedelicSnake

For those that are unaware, the Operators take damage when falling from beyond a certain height. While this does drive home their fragility, I'm personally not a huge fan of this. Yes, they don't possess the power or strength of a Warframe, but it feels awkward to be unable to fall a few feet without hurting ourselves. It feels especially strange considering mobility and the use of our Void Powers is key to staying alive as the Operator, and being unable to handle a simple fall kind of hampers that.

I can't really speak for anyone else, but I don't think Operators should have fall damage, pure and simple.

While it makes sense realistically, this still more or less impairs the flow of the game when playing with such a tiny amount of health.
Maybe the tenno could learn a passive void ability which will let them soften the fall?

2 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Would prefer it if we had some kinda operator upgrade tree (mastery rank as mod points?) with the option of disabling fall damage among other buffs.  They're pretty fragile and can be disruptive to your frame if shot in the vicinity of a bombard or some other such.

Seconded! And have Focus trees affect the powers too! (So the powers rely on Focus, and the Operator traits rely on a branch system. Could be interesting I think!)

On the other hand, the way I see it is like we're playing your typical sandbox while we're the operator (inFamous, Assassin's Creed, you name it) so it kind of makes sense.

It's pretty smart actually.