Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the broken scepter

Phyrak

Hey there,

Imo the scepter needs a few things to be viable.

1. Harvesting bodies gain x% hp/energy

2. Give it the queen's beam attack as finisher damage + bleed proc to make it useful at range/ make up for low damage numbers

Thanks for reading,

-Phyrak

Edited by Phyrak
Removed kuva additons

it's already viable. it gives you health which no other weapon can do, it gives you energy which no other weapon can do. and with the queen, it only fires the beam because it had kuva in it (the bottle we give to teshin/drink/destroy at the end of TWW) but the broken scepter doesn't have it, that's why it's 'broken' 

imo, if you want to make it better, just remove the capture target mechanic and instead make it an X% chance of dropping a health/energy orb with limitations ofc 

Edited by GinKenshin

4 minutes ago, Zandermanith222 said:

I would totally love to see the Beam attack, although maybe not with such a powerful choice of damage types~

But I don't see what earning Kuva from killing enemies has to do with making the weapon "Viable". To me it just says "Can't be bothered farming Kuva siphons. Plz make it effortless."

The choice of damage type comes from the fact the weapon has such low numbers - what damage type would you think would work best?

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

it's already viable. it gives you health which no other weapon can do, it gives you energy which no other weapon can do. and with the queen, it only fires the beam because it had kuva in it (the bottle we give to teshin/drink/destroy at the end of TWW) but the broken scepter doesn't have it, that's why it's 'broken' 

The energy seemed to be coming from the queen, the staff itself a conduit - thus the hope for a beam style addition

1 minute ago, Rheoidegen said:

It only gives you health and energy when you perform a quite lengthy animation, which pizzas or desecrate would be much better for. Either way, it's still a nice weapon.

Perhaps a health/energy siphon if the beam is used rather than getting shot at for standing around capturing a corpse?

Just now, Phyrak said:

Perhaps a health/energy siphon if the beam is used rather than getting shot at for standing around capturing a corpse?

Mmn? That doesn't sound all too bad an idea. Either that or give, if not immunity, damage resistance during the animation. Because just sitting there, waiting for it to finish for a single damn health/energy orb is a bit irritating.

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

and....last time I check, we aren't the queen aren't we? >.> 

if you want a beam, switch to tenno mode 

Void energy is what I'm refering to - let the staff be the conduit for such power.

A tenno, controlling a wf using a staff that can use void energy as a beam weapon - it kinda works

3 minutes ago, Rheoidegen said:

Mmn? That doesn't sound all too bad an idea. Either that or give, if not immunity, damage resistance during the animation. Because just sitting there, waiting for it to finish for a single damn health/energy orb is a bit irritating.

Considering how much the flow of the game changes - from parkour to standing still capturing a corpse, a beam would make more sense combat wise

7 hours ago, Zandermanith222 said:

I would totally love to see the Beam attack, although maybe not with such a powerful choice of damage types~

But I don't see what earning Kuva from killing enemies has to do with making the weapon "Viable". To me it just says "Can't be bothered farming Kuva siphons. Plz make it effortless."

Removed the kuva methods

I think we should buff health orbs instead. The weapon itself is really good. High attack speed and status chance

The Broken Sceptre giving anyone the ability to heal for free is good.

But,

The lengthy animation coupled with the fact that health orbs heal so little compared to quite a lot of frame health pools makes it not really worthwhile, imo. In a heated battle you may just end up losing more than you'll regain just because of the animation.

Especially when we can just throw down a pizza or two and bam full health.

edit: According to the wiki, it also has a limit on how many times its ability can be used before it has to 'regenerate', further limiting its usefulness as a healing item you can rely on.

Edited by Keybopsef

1 minute ago, Keybopsef said:

I think we should buff health orbs instead. The weapon itself is really good. High attack speed and status chance

The Broken Sceptre giving anyone the ability to heal for free is good.

But,

The lengthy animation coupled with the fact that health orbs heal so little compared to quite a lot of frame health pools makes it not really worthwhile, imo.

Especially when we can just throw down a pizza or two and bam full health.

And as for getting a beam to siphon hp + energy?

28 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

That's a good idea.

But how would it work? 

I wouldn't want to change how it works regarding robotic enemies.

Why?

Energy Conversion, of course!

Perhaps, the aborbtion of hp/energy grants the buff if mod is applied?

Removes 3 second animation and gives additional damage/utility

I've been playing around with it.

Pros:

-High status

-High attack speed

-Spawns orbs which benefit the whole team

Cons:

-Gotta be in melee mode to drain corpses, and weapon switch speed is still S#&$.

-Mainly impact damage on a status weapon, arguably the worst IPS proc.