Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

akstiletto prime or twin grakatas?

(XBOX)Hail Ouija

The Twin Grakata are amazing, modded to red-crit, they do so much burst damage, they are superb.  One-clip sentients and Stalker.  I thought nothing else would ever come along and replace them.

RNGesus was being a $&*^ about the Akstilletto Link, so i relied on the twin grakata for a long-time. 

Then I was blessed with the Akstilletto Link, with its blink of an eye reload, and it's high crit and high status build and no need to dump 6 forma into it, and sad to say they are just better. 

Much better, simply because your on the trigger time is so much better, leaving you less vulnerable to reload induced insta-gibs.

For flexibility and damage, the AKStiletto Prime are not even comparable to Twin Grakatas. However, if you like something because it's fun, you are free to use it when and where it is still effective. The Twin Grakatas are certainly capable for most content depending on how it's built - it's all reliant on what you are trying to do. The AKStiletto Prime is fairly flexible as well; depending on how you polarize with your forma it's super easy to switch between several types of damage while retaining a powerful weapon that has a manageable ammo consumption and can still be aimed during recoil. The Twin Grakatas kick like a mule which just makes the ammo consumption worse because every shot isn't hitting a target. 

Well, just theory crafting but if you like insane builds:

Twin Grakta https://goo.gl/KnpGvZ

vs.

Akstiletto Prime https://goo.gl/sX4uKP

Basicly with Eject Magazine (and fast holster rates on your frame) one can compare the burst dps of the twin grakata vs the sustained of the Akstiletto Prime so 25043.264 vs 23515.602. So one could argue that Twin Grakats has at least on paper higher dps with the right build. Altough of course I didn´t take damge types into account here and running Pistol Mutation on the Akstilleto Prime may not be nesscary (also no clue if the site is accurate I just picked a random one).

But hey this way the choice is at least somewhat justifiable for the Twin Grakata.

6 hours ago, Whi5p3r said:

The Twin Grakata are amazing, modded to red-crit, they do so much burst damage, they are superb.  One-clip sentients and Stalker.  I thought nothing else would ever come along and replace them.

RNGesus was being a $&*^ about the Akstilletto Link, so i relied on the twin grakata for a long-time. 

Then I was blessed with the Akstilletto Link, with its blink of an eye reload, and it's high crit and high status build and no need to dump 6 forma into it, and sad to say they are just better. 

Much better, simply because your on the trigger time is so much better, leaving you less vulnerable to reload induced insta-gibs.

^This.  Akstiletto Prime is leagues above the Twin Graks.  I loved the Twin Graks up until the ASP came out.  Having crit/status hybrid, high accuracy, and fast reload just makes it better.  I still keep my Twin Graks, but I don't use them anymore.