The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Idea: Endless Mode - Test Your Might!

Vespoidian

Test Your Might!

Endless mode is not exactly a new idea, but it can lead to some very fun endgame gameplay for experienced players who want to test their skill and equipment and be rewarded for it. I think this could be implemented in a variety of ways:

Endless Defense:

Fight off as many waves as you can, enemies increase in quantity and/or strength as more and more waves come. Ammo might be a problem here, ammo drops could need tweaking in this mode or maybe after x amount of waves, you get an ammo drop. Each wave could be randomized in terms of what enemies come out to add some variety.

Endless Boss Missions:

Fight each boss mission, from first to last. This mode will be intended for people of max level and should be scaled accordingly. These missions will loop back each time the final boss has been destroyed, increasing in difficulty each time.

Endless Random Missions:

Randomized missions that are intended for people of max level and difficulty should be scaled accordingly. Each random mission gets more difficult after completing a previous one.

Reward:

Add a gambling system similar to the current login reward system. Beating X amount of missions/waves unlocks greater chance to receive a better reward at the end of the endless mode (ex: if you complete 20 waves then you have a X% greater chance to get a catalyst blueprint or any other highly desired blueprint). Allow people to cash out at certain points, if they don't cash out and they die then they lose a chance at this random reward.

Score:

This would also be a great way to add competitiveness for people who like co-op gameplay and not PvP. The more endless waves or missions you complete, the higher your name gets placed on the list.

Edited by Vespoidian

Use a modified version of the Jackal Arena for Endless Defense/Survival, with some extra crates/etc. for cover. Regular ammo + power drops from the ceiling (as normal with the Jackal fight), and enemies could spawn in the rooms above, then drop down into the arena to attack. Some types (e.g. Sniper Crewmen) could even hang around up there to harass you and make life difficult.

Every 5/10 waves, have all the upper-level doors lock, and have a boss drop down from the roof or come up via the floor elevator.

I would like an endless mode in a slightly different sense. You go through different rooms in a never-ending maze and get points based on how many rooms you clear before your health reaches 0.

not a bad idea but some rooms tend to be small and theres nothing stoping you from skipping that room and just kiteing them into the others this would be an issue if using a warframe like mag or volt they would just run through this like it was nothin

Maybe this could be remedied somewhat by having New doors unlock once enemies are cleared from it. Kiting itself is a gameplay strategy, and against infested would be very easy, but a little more challenging with more and more troops and drones being added per room in corpus and grineer scenarios.

It would like to see the first idea take in place ;)

It would be like "No win scenario"

You start in a room, maybe that for defense suits perfect and then wave after wave it gots more complex. It would last as long as one tenno is alive. Waves could become devastating, with tons of elite AI, those angry napalm grineer elite would be just fine! :) This way it would be introduced some coop in the game, since trinity would become quite usefull.

It would like to see the first idea take in place ;)

It would be like "No win scenario"

You start in a room, maybe that for defense suits perfect and then wave after wave it gots more complex. It would last as long as one tenno is alive. Waves could become devastating, with tons of elite AI, those angry napalm grineer elite would be just fine! :) This way it would be introduced some coop in the game, since trinity would become quite usefull.

Actually, why not being able to bail out once you feel like the mission is getting too hard.

And if you die you get no rewards. HAHAHAHA

Actually, why not being able to bail out once you feel like the mission is getting too hard.

And if you die you get no rewards. HAHAHAHA

it could be presented as "training", like a holographic environment, so even when you die - you don't really die so you get your rewards... :)

I totaly agree with this idea. Defence missions are one of my favorites in this game but i find most of them are just to short. I also agree with having a boss after 10 waves. But instead of being able to drop out at any time give the player a choice to finish the mission after every 5/10 waves and if they die without "Finishing" they dont get the bonus rewards.

remembers me to Dawn of War 2 - the last stand mode.

would be awesome!

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking. That or the left for dead two last stand mode.

I would even go so far as to be able to request certain species you wanna fight against. That way you could just fight against the infected or whichever you please.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering what you actually do once you reach end-game status (already have the frames and weapons you want maxed). Since there's no PVP aspect to the gameplay, doing survival challenges like these would entice people to stay in the game after completing all the necessary bits. I seriously hope they implement this!