One mission as Titania.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

I just played my first mission as titania (due to the awesomeness of a really cool friend). I know im late, and everyones already talked about her, but i just wanted to say something about her. Here are my one time play through thoughts:

The first three abilities seem like the same thing. 

Tribute is what soul punch should aspire to be.

Melee Razor wing is what blade storm should hope to be one day.

And 

Lantern just makes me ask questions. Why the explosion? Why do the metal butterflies not cause slash damage/bleed procs?

Her 4th is like Ash's blade storm when meleeing, but way way way more entertaining. In fact, im not sure how they created titania, and then decided that ash needed to mark enemies before blade storming them, but then, im not sure how i played archwing and didnt notice before and it probably has to do with the need to have clones involved in ashes ult somehow...

But she isnt bad.

With titania, im not sure what any of her three abilities do that is that different, just by looking at them. Ability descriptions aside, the first makes multiple things float, the second makes one thing float and creates a decoy at the end, and the third makes something float and poofs at the end. And butterflies appear randomly.

The uninformed opinion is the most entertaining to give. 

Reading the abilities:

1: spell bind is cool. Its like oberons hallowed ground, mixed with zenurik. It can be used again without waiting for the affect to wear off the last enemy, but i wasnt sure if it was because using it again deactivated the affect on the previous spell bound enemy...

2: random ability buff?...can it buff itself or only the other three abilities?

--->In the confusion, and mindless melee teleporting, i forgot to try and look at the screen for my buffs, have no clue whats going on with this ability.

3: Enemies randomly walk around surrounded by glowing butterflies as the affected enemy floats up and then poofs? I thought the razor flies would cause slash damage...or act like scarab swarm....or...( I keep drawing parrallels to ash and inaros, especially as her abilities seem to share the same sound as inaros's)

All in all, i think shes better than Ash. Entertaining to use. Her first 3 abilities seem to be trying to acheive synergy by being similar....but tribite is what soul punch should have been this whole time, and that is kind of irritating...

I just wish lantern didnt do the same thing as tribute and spellbind (i know its my opinion that they are the same thing).

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edited

2's ability buff isn't random. It gives one of four buffs, depending on the enemy type you use it on. Shooty enemies give you a buff that causes enemies to miss. Melee enemies give a buff that reflects damage. Pet enemies give you a buff that increases your pet's damage. And heavy enemies give a buff that slows enemies.

Her 1 has a shorter range than her 3, but it's much more reliable. Her 3 can sometimes be really awesome, but a lot of times the target just floats out of range and doesn't snare anybody.

1 and 3 have some similarities. 2 is completely different!

31 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

With titania, im not sure what any of her three abilities do that is that different

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Titania/Abilities Read up on them, they are quite different.  One thing I'd like to note, especially with her 3rd, is they are very effective target-wise when cast from above.  The latern target will keep momentum when its targeted so hitting it from above pushes it downward, also you can shoot it from above to kind of control its movement.

I was going to go into detail on how different they actually are but they should be fairly obvious after reading the stats on the wiki.

I do agree with the Ash thing though, archwing melee against ground enemies is incredibly effective and quite fun.  I wouldn't have minded if they had done something similar with bladestorm, though I can understand why they did not.

Edited by Xekrin

24 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

2's ability buff isn't random. It gives one of four buffs, depending on the enemy type you use it on. Shooty enemies give you a buff that causes enemies to miss. Melee enemies give a buff that reflects damage. Pet enemies give you a buff that increases your pet's damage. And heavy enemies give a buff that slows enemies.

Her 1 has a shorter range than her 3, but it's much more reliable. Her 3 can sometimes be really awesome, but a lot of times the target just floats out of range and doesn't snare anybody.

1 and 3 have some similarities. 2 is completely different!

Oh, thank you for that part about what they do. Havnt looked it up yet. 

2 is interesting, but not very easy to tell what its doing just by using the ability on an enemy, im definitely going to keep playing

27 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Titania/Abilities Read up on them, they are quite different.  One thing I'd like to note, especially with her 3rd, is they are very effective target-wise when cast from above.  The latern target will keep momentum when its targeted so hitting it from above pushes it downward, also you can shoot it from above to kind of control its movement.

I was going to go into detail on how different they actually are but they should be fairly obvious after reading the stats on the wiki.

I do agree with the Ash thing though, archwing melee against ground enemies is incredibly effective and quite fun.  It wouldn't have minded if they had done something similar with bladestorm, though I can understand why they did not.

Wait....

So why is tribute exactly by description what soul punch should be? (My opinion, sorry)

How can titania eject anythings soul?

Thanks for the link, i think anything other than an "explosion" would be ideal for the end of latern, like [ the metallic butterflies should shred the suspended target to pieces in the air, and enemies that walk under the blood could be affected by some curse or some such thing]...

8 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Oh, thank you for that part about what they do. Havnt looked it up yet. 

2 is interesting, but not very easy to tell what its doing just by using the ability on an enemy, im definitely going to keep playing

Some advice, mod for duration, efficiency, and power strength. That will let you stay in razorwing mode for longer, and it will make your attacks in razorwing mode really powerful, especially if you carry a shotgun modded for pure damage and multishot. The amount of damage her Dex Pixia can put out is genuinely shocking. Like, it can chew through a Sentient with full resistances in a couple of seconds.

9 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Some advice, mod for duration, efficiency, and power strength. That will let you stay in razorwing mode for longer, and it will make your attacks in razorwing mode really powerful, especially if you carry a shotgun modded for pure damage and multishot. The amount of damage her Dex Pixia can put out is genuinely shocking. Like, it can chew through a Sentient with full resistances in a couple of seconds.

Hmm. A friend told me shotgun mods don't apply to Dex Pixa. I guess it's time for more testing.

3 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Please read the wiki and thoroughly understand what your powers do before testing and giving feedback.  Feedback is pointless when the tester doesn't even know what's going on and the implications thereof.  

I would, normally, but felt that in this case, it was not necessary. Everyone has already talked about her, and the opinions most people have of her is that she is too new for anyone to be worried about changes to her. Plus, im not trying to change anything. This is just a different perspective i thought id give. From the outside looking in, an inexperienced opinion.

But as feedback, yeah its probably lacking. What do you think of her though?

4 hours ago, Insizer said:

If you want to have fun with Titania then give her a max range build and use her first ability. You can lift entire squads, it is so much fun. It also has the added bonus of making her 3rd actually attract enemies.

She is fun. I love the razor wing. I really wish i was just a little bit smaller. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I would, normally, but felt that in this case, it was not necessary. Everyone has already talked about her, and the opinions most people have of her is that she is too new for anyone to be worried about changes to her. Plus, im not trying to change anything. This is just a different perspective i thought id give. From the outside looking in, an inexperienced opinion.

But as feedback, yeah its probably lacking. What do you think of her though?

I don't like that Thorns is a useless buff and that Diwata is nearly pointless compared to its ranged counterpart.  Lantern probably should float away less.  Otherwise, pretty solid IMO.  Losing your buffs because you fell in a pit or pressed 5 (spoilers) by accident is also very frustrating.  

6 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

I don't like that Thorns is a useless buff and that Diwata is nearly pointless compared to its ranged counterpart.  Lantern probably should float away less.  Otherwise, pretty solid IMO.  Losing your buffs because you fell in a pit or pressed 5 (spoilers) by accident is also very frustrating.  

currently maining titania and ya thorns is usless she cant take a hit so she cant make it effective 

On 11/14/2016 at 10:21 PM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I just played my first mission as titania ....~Snip

I was trying to stay quiet and not say a word hoping that you'll get it closer to your special day. I know I'm awesome, hihihi! 

When I'm in the liset as Titania, it seems the camera view is a bit clunky with her flying fairy animation and her butterflies can be a bit dizzying. I'll try other animation for her. I have not played her enough to make a comment on her abilities. She seems a lot of fun. I do like her alternate helmet without the duck behind.

GPINR8z.jpg

9 hours ago, hazerddex said:

currently maining titania and ya thorns is usless she cant take a hit so she cant make it effective 

No one can take a hit and, even if you abuse gimmicks for effective godmode, the damage is insignificant.  Reflective damage rarely works in these kinds of games, and in cases where it does the numbers are typically boosted by 300+%, which is far from the case with Thorns.

7 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I was trying to stay quiet and not say a word hoping that you'll get it closer to your special day. I know I'm awesome, hihihi! 

When I'm in the liset as Titania, it seems the camera view is a bit clunky with her flying fairy animation and her butterflies can be a bit dizzying. I'll try other animation for her. I have not played her enough to make a comment on her abilities. She seems a lot of fun. I do like her alternate helmet without the duck behind.

GPINR8z.jpg

The duck is the funnest part about her! :) 

On 11/15/2016 at 8:19 AM, Xekrin said:

I've actually wondered the exact same thing, Nekros should have this exact ability.  How or why Titania does it I've no clue.

Actually... Faries in old folk lore used to steal souls n such.  They weren't kindly and they did want to draw on that old feel, you know.. before tinker bell.  :P

36 minutes ago, achromos said:

Actually... Faries in old folk lore used to steal souls n such.  They weren't kindly and they did want to draw on that old feel, you know.. before tinker bell. 

Ah, quite true, I suppose it fits the faerie theme as well.  But it still outshines soul punch to the Nth degree.