Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not being able to interact with pets as [minor tww spoiler]

tveeggad

This is UNACCEPTABLE. Are the Tenno allergic? Do they believe pets are disgusting, dirty animals that are to be handled remotely by a warframe? Would the pets eat the Tenno? Of course not. I want to cuddle them with real hands, not metal puppets.

You had one job, DE. One job.

Spoiler

c3UhyKK.png

Don't ask about the colours. Old bug.

Edited by Misanthroplonker
I made a dumb

Just now, JSharpie said:

It's because the animations haven't been made yet, and trying to slap the Warframe's animations onto the Operator would probably end up looking janky and broken.

Also your spoiler is in your title. I would have made my title "Can't interact as pet as [SPOILER/TWW]"

Emphasis on YET. I would expect them to have managed that in, you know, that long time it took to make the update.
Also, realized. Fixed that.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

-snip-

Wasn't aware. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Misanthroplonker said:

Emphasis on YET. I would expect them to have managed that in, you know, that long time it took to make the update.
Also, realized. Fixed that.

Wasn't aware. Thanks.

They didn't spend the entire 6 months only working on the war within. We got what, 4 or 5 chunky updates in between, along with some smaller ones sprinkled throughout? Anims are difficult and time consuming to make, and something as minuscule and insignificant as that probably wasn't on the priority list.

Edit: Just also want to point out that not everyone employed at DE works on animation and we've seen some things that aren't even out yet, so other things have been worked on in conjunction with TWW.

Edited by JSharpie

Just now, JSharpie said:

They didn't spend the entire 6 months only working on the war within. We got what, 4 or 5 chunky updates in between, along with some smaller ones sprinkled throughout? Anims are difficult and time consuming to make, and something as minuscule and insignificant as that probably wasn't on the priority list.

I'll pretend I'm not secretly insulted by the fact that you call this issue insignificant. /sarcasm
Then again, I would have guessed it'd be easier to do since they already have frame animations to work from. Had imagined that scaling the frame animations down to Tenno size and temporarily making the pet smaller for the animation would have worked. The animation department are full of wizards, so I had expected them to get away with cheating like that.

Just now, Misanthroplonker said:

I'll pretend I'm not secretly insulted by the fact that you call this issue insignificant. /sarcasm
Then again, I would have guessed it'd be easier to do since they already have frame animations to work from. Had imagined that scaling the frame animations down to Tenno size and temporarily making the pet smaller for the animation would have worked. The animation department are full of wizards, so I had expected them to get away with cheating like that.

Why cheat though? Why put out a half-assed solution instead of making a separate set of anims for the operator? Which is what I'm guessing their plan is. They probably won't scale it and will put out new anims that fit the size of the operator vs the size of the pet.

Just now, JSharpie said:

Why cheat though? Why put out a half-assed solution instead of making a separate set of anims for the operator? Which is what I'm guessing their plan is. They probably won't scale it and will put out new anims that fit the size of the operator vs the size of the pet.

That'd certainly be a whole lot nicer of them to do. Maybe I'm just the lazy one, trying to come up with lazier way of doing things by default. Oh well.