Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO....The War Within Quest....NO....

xerxeso

34 minutes ago, CaptainEras said:

I can bring them to their knees with E but get zero when I zap them.

You have to use the Void Dash to disarm them.  It's not optional.  Otherwise, their Kuva infused weapons protect them and you can't do damage.

Your gear doesn't matter in this fight because it's your operator doing the fighting with Void energy.

I believe... I dont know.... The fact that the quest blocked us from doing other stuff was the DE feeling about the quest mainly.

They said they almost cried when they saw the 2nd dream finished and this would be a better and bigger Project, so i believe.. they gave it the relevance according to their feellings about it.

In that point of "no return" i listened to lotus instead of listening the to the rush the boy wanted to; just to realize i gotta continue from that point anyways. Its nonsense. The quest was good and funny. But the new mechanics are... strange... let´s say...

Im good if the DE likes the operator i personally don´t feel very connected to him; also i don´t give him so much relevance.

I got  a post right here in Feedback / General too... What if? Feel free to reply with ur opinion or what ifs  52 thoughts too about the game that i believe it can be or need to be changed.

They are adding more content like the operator and modifying stuff from "my point of view" is not needed or necessary like the cat´s ugly face instead of redesign ambulas (Black moa)  or Lynx (Jackal), hyena pack (big zanukas). And other stuff that has more time being like that and needs some changes.

Also like u said, quests that blocks players, sound not so cool... i feel u Tsukinoki just continue mate finish the quest u can do it!

Edited by Larvatheoz

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

You have to use the Void Dash to disarm them.  It's not optional.  Otherwise, their Kuva infused weapons protect them and you can't do damage.

Your gear doesn't matter in this fight because it's your operator doing the fighting with Void energy.

I watched one video of a guy stunning with E and then not dashing but zapping, and a whole load of points came off.

I have bullet dashed and bullet dashed, killing the single guy sometimes and other times can go through all 5 lives without leaving so much as a scratch on him, judging by his meter . . . even though I hit him every time. With the 2 guys I hardly scratch the surface before it's mission over. I can't even play the long game because there is a timer on.

Also, no matter what anyone thinks of us useless players [no-one gave me MR20, and we all have areas of weakness] the fact remains that for a lot of us the game is over. We cannot complete the quest so we cannot get back into the game, it ain't complicated, the game has beaten us.

Edited by CaptainEras

9 minutes ago, CaptainEras said:

I watched one video of a guy stunning with E and then not dashing but zapping, and a whole load of points came off.

Also, no matter what anyone thinks of us useless players [no-one gave me MR20, and we all have areas of weakness] the fact remains that for a lot of us the game is over. We cannot complete the quest so we cannot get back into the game, it ain't complicated, the game has beaten us.

I don't know what to tell you.  When I did it, I had to do Void E, Void Dash, Void Handbeam to get anywhere.

12 hours ago, Noamuth said:

I don't know what to tell you.  When I did it, I had to do Void E, Void Dash, Void Handbeam to get anywhere.

I even remapped 5 to R so that my 'pinky' could stay on 'shift' for the sprint but I've watched guys on YT and it doesn't matter what I try there are some areas which I watch way beyond me, must be how my brain is wired.

The game is probably on cloud save otherwise I'd try and find the file in Steam to delete.

I can only hope that DE do something for me and the others in the same boat.

Until then I'm a new entry into GTA V where I'm having a ball . . .

EDIT:

You had given me the answer in your routine when you put 'void hand beam' at the end. I tried this and that is when all the points get knocked off, get it right and you can take out one of the guards there and then.

I got rid of them all and was fighting the queen. Decided to quickly check how that is done by alt/tab out and when I went back in the game had reset to the start of the end game so I'll take another look in a few days.

This dash needs fixing because you need to be close in to stun them but further out to get the dash to work. Too close and all you get is leaping in the air . . .giving them time to recover so most times it fails.

Edited by CaptainEras

The quest shouldn't take more then a hour or hour and a half.  If you are failing to complete it in a single day...  Try listening and following directions a bit harder and learn to use the mechanics given to you.  This quest is not even gear dependent, It's about the ability to utilize the mechanics properly.  Nothing in this quest once you get to the point of no return truly takes any amount of massive modding and it was planned by that. 

How to take down the guards the easy and simple way.

-Run away from them, but not too far.

-Wait for them to do that jumping attack

-Dash out of the way

-Get in close

-Use your "E" button (stun them)

-Dash through them

Then proceed to hold down LMB while continuing to dodge.

Your operator can take down the Guards, the 'hardest' enemy in the quest and mods don't play a part.  Play smarter.

fml It's like going into a Dungeon in a LoZ game and being given a hookshot and complaining about not knowing how to bridge the gaps.

43a4c8ce94eea1898942cbf8f552d35d.gif

Edited by achromos

Only Three (3) Important Questions about The war within Quest:                                                                                                                                                                  1.  Who had this "Wonderful" Idea of creating an early "Point of No Return" for this Quest ?????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     2.What was the absolute purpose for it ?????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 3. Can this "Point of No Return can be Amended ?????

2 hours ago, xerxeso said:

Only Three (3) Important Questions about The war within Quest:                                                                                                                                                                  1.  Who had this "Wonderful" Idea of creating an early "Point of No Return" for this Quest ?????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     2.What was the absolute purpose for it ?????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 3. Can this "Point of No Return can be Amended ?????

Seems there's no point in anyone answering because you won't listen anyway.

It's been said countless times, you had a point of no return, you went with it:

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

15 hours ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

Well that is quite simple. Warframe won`t let you play anything but the quest untill it is completed from what I`ve heard. This complaint was repeated numerous times by now in several threads.

When they WARN you that you WONT be able to play any other part of the game. it is YOUR choice. for YOUR own gameplay, to not be able to doo anything else. ANYONE who agrees to the WARNING that is CLEAR, has ZERO right to complain about it. they AGREED to it BEFORE it happened. The simple fact is, if THEY dont LIKE being LOCKED into it, THEN DONT PLAY THE QUESTS, thats what they do, Ever since the Second Dream and more than likely in the future, they LOCK you in because the quests have a SPECIFIC way to be played. therefore. it is not DEs probelm if your getting all pissy about a clearly stated lock. Who cares if people quit. I sure as hell dont. They dont want to play, thats fine. Dont play. It doesnt make a difference to a lot of the player base. People stop playing games no matter what. Eventually ill stop playing this game, something i have around 2000-3000 hours and have spent $1200 on, Yknow why. Because eventually something else will be more prefferable. Until then. Ill keep playing, yknow why, Because for a free to play game. it stands out amongst the rest. If that isnt enough for people to play. Then so be it.

On 11/16/2016 at 10:08 PM, StabbyTentacles said:

Op is saying: Don't lock me in.

Fan boys (Fan boys, those who patrol the forums for DE, and criticize any feedback that they deem may criticise their opinion.) Please take a minute to consider what feedback means.

Just because people are providing feedback you don't personally care about doesn't mean it's not valid feedback. The purpose of a feedback forum is to provide feedback, not to white-knight or troll any feedback you disagree with.

DE appreciate feedback as well as criticism; because they like to know what different players in different situations experience in their game. It may make them realize, oh hey, I didn't think of that scenario, that can be improved!

I can not for the life of me see how leaving the quest at any point, would effect those who don't want to? If you don't want to leave then ...don't leave.

Op is saying: Don't lock me in. And he/she can't leave, he/she is locked in. I can see a problem there.

Seems like valid feedback to me.

DE said this quest locks you in. The quest says it locks you in.
You are given a choice mid-way through the quest if you want to be locked in or not.

He chose "I want to be locked in" and gets upset that he is now locked in. Can I sell all my weapons & complain at DE that all my weapons are sold? No. That's ridiculous. As is this thread.

Having the abort button seems reasonable at least because of bugs stopping your progression. I was lucky enough to not get such bugs, but I was recording the walkthrough and got the bug of purging phase when the orbiter door wasn't opening. Had to relog and edit the video after that, sadly I was unable to cut and merge video parts in YouTube editor flawlessly.

P.S.: anyone knows a program that lets you edit the video with maximum precision and save it without quality loss?

Just 2 points.

1/  I never saw any warning about being locked in. I'm not saying it didn't appear, just that if it did I didn't see it. However, had I seen it I would still have continued because at that point I didn't know that I wouldn't have the skill to finish it. If this can happen to me it can also happen to many others. Not having an option to quit at a point where you can get no further is saying that all of us must be clairvoyant [able to see the future], now is that fair ?

2/  I know that some people have gotten to MR20 and spending virtually nothing, but they are very few and far between. Maybe someone has done it without spending anything, which would make that the only 'free' game.

So, I do wish people would stop making this comment about a 'free' game. Long ago some bright sparks said that the future of gaming was to give away the games and make the money on microtransactions. This has now proved to be true.

I, and many others, have spent far more on this game than if we had bought it and the updates over 3 years . . .such is the value of microtransactions.

As the saying goes; "you get nothing for nothing", and saying; " ah! . . .but you have a choice whether or not you spend money so it is free". Semantics, just semantics.

The psychology of this kind of process gives a very, very high probability of spending money so inductive logic would suggest that the game is not free.

Edited by CaptainEras

18 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

I even remapped 5 to R so that my 'pinky' could stay on 'shift' for the sprint but I've watched guys on YT and it doesn't matter what I try there are some areas which I watch way beyond me, must be how my brain is wired.

The game is probably on cloud save otherwise I'd try and find the file in Steam to delete.

I can only hope that DE do something for me and the others in the same boat.

Until then I'm a new entry into GTA V where I'm having a ball . . .

EDIT:

You had given me the answer in your routine when you put 'void hand beam' at the end. I tried this and that is when all the points get knocked off, get it right and you can take out one of the guards there and then.

I got rid of them all and was fighting the queen. Decided to quickly check how that is done by alt/tab out and when I went back in the game had reset to the start of the end game so I'll take another look in a few days.

This dash needs fixing because you need to be close in to stun them but further out to get the dash to work. Too close and all you get is leaping in the air . . .giving them time to recover so most times it fails.

I'm glad it worked out for you!  As to the queen fight, its simple; stay close to the throne and Void Dash at her when she drops her shields.  I guess her hit box is pretty big, you dont have to worry about pin point accuracy.

There's people saying you can replay the quest already, if you want, I can record the queen fight for you.  Cause I'm running this quest again.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

LOL. Are you serious? 

You betcha Tess!  Clearly, our fellow gamer post a request for technical support to the community, but instead get dragged thru the coals by most every poster (or troll) above about his game skills.    

**Moderator**, how have the above posts been helpful to the client and the promotion of good will to the community?   Lock or removal of this topic may be best? 

Don't feel bad erxeso, I have also been playing warfare for years (like you), have completed every item, frame, and quest in the game (MR22), and had never had to have a quest removed until this quest.

Just put in a support ticket to DE to remove the quest for you.  Don't feel bad erxeso, I have also been playing warfare for years (like you), have completed every item (363 of 365) in the game (MR22), and I'm also stuck in final battle (convergence and other key binding glitches or broken in quest -- which really shows up when you fight Queens guard or control Golden Maw ..--DE tech support doesn't work weekends I reckon, have an unopened trouble ticket from yesterday.  

Edited by Schizoid-Man
clarify issue and tech support hours

8 hours ago, Schizoid-Man said:

You betcha Tess!  Clearly, our fellow gamer post a request for technical support to the community, but instead get dragged thru the coals by most every poster (or troll) above about his game skills.    

**Moderator**, how have the above posts been helpful to the client and the promotion of good will to the community?   Lock or removal of this topic may be best? 

Don't feel bad erxeso, I have also been playing warfare for years (like you), have completed every item, frame, and quest in the game (MR22), and had never had to have a quest removed until this quest.

Just put in a support ticket to DE to remove the quest for you.  Don't feel bad erxeso, I have also been playing warfare for years (like you), have completed every item, frame, and quest in the game (MR22), and I had to have the quest removed also. 

A support ticket for quest removal had crossed my mind but DE backing me into a corner has given me the push to dump something which had become somewhat addictive. Maybe all of us 20MR+ who can't finish this quest should take a look at how addicted we are to the game and use this to escape, lol . . .

6 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

A support ticket for quest removal had crossed my mind but DE backing me into a corner has given me the push to dump something which had become somewhat addictive. Maybe all of us 20MR+ who can't finish this quest should take a look at how addicted we are to the game and use this to escape, lol . . .

Like you, I'm grateful to DE for years of gaming fun, but its hard to keep playing when 90 percent of our fellow end-game buddies are moving on to other games. Needed this quest to take the MR23 test (just a few XPS points short) but being stuck in the final battle cause keybinding glitches in new void powers -- after an ordeal controlling the Golden Maw with a phantom "S" key (what I had to do was use Zoom + number 5 after remapping default keybindings). Bottom line, as my Unopened support ticket (14 hours+) rots in the support que, cause I cant "Esc" the quest to play my previously favorite game, may indeed be, as you suggest, a signal to "esc" to another new game ? 

Edited by Schizoid-Man

On 11/15/2016 at 9:49 AM, PsychedelicSnake said:

Doesn't the "Point of No Return" notification literally say you will be locked out from all missions until you complete the quest? I'm not sure what the problem is here.

It says something along those lines, yes. Didn't take me long to finish it after that, though... most-annoying part was the initial Orokin Maw spot, before you even unlock Void Blast.

19 hours ago, Schizoid-Man said:

Like you, I'm grateful to DE for years of gaming fun, but its hard to keep playing when 90 percent of our fellow end-game buddies are moving on to other games. Needed this quest to take the MR23 test (just a few XPS points short) but being stuck in the final battle cause keybinding glitches in new void powers -- after an ordeal controlling the Golden Maw with a phantom "S" key (what I had to do was use Zoom + number 5 after remapping default keybindings). Bottom line, as my Unopened support ticket (14 hours+) rots in the support que, cause I cant "Esc" the quest to play my previously favorite game, may indeed be, as you suggest, a signal to "esc" to another new game ? 

I'm a bloody-minded Cornishman so 'defeat' wasn't sitting too well. Took 24 hours off, regrouped and beat the little bugger.

I was so caught up in remapping a good keyboard layout that I totally forgot I was using a G700 mouse. Unfortunately, the game blocks timed macros but by mapping just 'ctrl' to a side button I gained that fraction of a second I needed for ctrl/space for the dash. It was fumbling over 'ctrl' which was costing me too much time.

I had already swapped around the R with 5, and 5 with R, which meant I had E and R(5) together and could now keep my 'pinky' on 'shift' at all times for the sprint and use my left index finger for E and R.

My routine was: First, get my frame into one of the back alcoves. Hit R(previously 5) to extract the operator (always keep the frame hidden and if he is found move him to the alcoves on the opposite side . . .only use the operator for the whole event). Move my index finger over E, pinky on shift, thumb over space,middle finger on W, right thumb (mouse) over side button. If he zaps me I just quickly hit R (5) to release the operator again.

I had already worked out that using the void beam after the dash is the way for a quick kill [the first time it will only take some points, the second time should kill it if you keep the beam running and on target].

I also discovered is that if you zap him with E but don't get away far enough to turn and dash, run around him [he can't dash you if you are too close] and your E power will build for another zap. If you see him raise his weapon run around the back of him.

My big mistake was taking off the moment my dash failed and then having to start creeping again. I also made too many frontal attacks, better to be patient and creep around behind him.

I'm having no problems mapping so your problem could be the game. I hardly ever 'verify files' as it's hit and miss on working. Years of gaming has taught me that when you have a game which is frequently updated you have a hell of a lot of fragments trying to fit together and many a time I have sorted this with a clean install.

I'm not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but I got to victory by extracting details from YT videos and a whole load of posts on here. A lot of people helped not by what they said thinking it would be helpful but by another remark within their post . . . this is why I'm detailing my routine, something there might click with what you do and a modification on your part might be helpful.

I'm chasing MR21 [not far to go] and as I recall when we started this adventure MR30 was the figure being bandied around so some way to go over the next 3-4 years, lol.

If I look at it realistically I'm not addicted in the sense of playing for a ridiculous amount of hours a day, but that this game really suits me, it's all about the enjoyment level. Any conflict I have is called: Skyrim, ACC Rogue, ACC Syndicate, GTA V, Dirt Rally, Mafia III, Metal Gear Solid V, Project Cars, Sleeping Dogs, The Crew, NFS Most Wanted, all of which - except GTA V - I never seem to get any time for . . and those are just the loaded games, lol.

Edited by CaptainEras

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:26 AM, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

You have a clear warning that after this point, you will be locked into the quest until you finish. The fact that you don't like it doesn't change that.

Even so, it's just a quest, not the entire game. Just finish it, it doesn't take that long. Once you are done you'll never have to touch it again and you can go back to your normal gameplay.

The problem is sometimes its virtually impossible to finish a quest when the mechanics are glitched, and its the weekend (DE techs and devs are offline).

Take TWW for example, to defeat queen's guards you have to exit your frame to use "new" void stun and dash powers to make the guard's drop their primary and become vulnerable to attack. 

The trick is, the guards are not stupid for bots, rather than be defeated by your void powers, they are programmed to leap across the room to attack you empty frame (automatically returning you to your frame where you are powerless).

Bottom line, invulnerable enemies against a powerless frame as quest is. *** How can we fight with new void powers when we are instant returned to our frames at the first swipe of a guard?  ***

Worse, ***why is there no technical way to add an "END QUEST" command ***-- current system is a "leap of faith" choosing no return, when really until your play the quest, you wont know if its glitched until you.re locked in :(

IMO, tying most quests - including the latest one - to junction completion (even for veterans who had unlocked the starchart long ago) and forcing new players to play some quest to progress in the solar system are much bigger design flaw than the lack of "no exit" button. The quest is easily finished once you understand what is to be done.

As for the final fight, for once, explanations on how to defeat the Kuvas are being given to you. It's not that difficult, unless you encounter glitches or something. Sprint around, away from the guardians, exit your frame, spam void blast to stun the fatties, void dash into them and finish them off with your primary beam. The hardest part is keeping track of how much void energy you have left, so you that can dash and kill them immediately before they recover. I did it in a single run with Ivara and a dagger as only weapon. The archwing infiltration part early on, and trying to unlock that "aimglide-triple headshot" riven mod afterwards, were much, much, much more frustrating objectives to me due to sloppy imprecise mechanics than the showdown against the queens.