Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO....The War Within Quest....NO....

xerxeso

2 hours ago, Enno69 said:

IMO, tying most quests - including the latest one - to junction completion (even for veterans who had unlocked the starchart long ago) and forcing new players to play some quest to progress in the solar system are much bigger design flaw than the lack of "no exit" button. ... trying to unlock that "aimglide-triple headshot" riven mod afterwards, were much, much, much more frustrating objectives to me due to sloppy imprecise mechanics than the showdown against the queens.

Thanks for the post -- sprinting around outside circular hallway spawning void powers worked until I ran out of energy on the third guard - oh well.  Just reloaded INS (insurgency) and digital KF2, while I wait for support to open my ticket from last week (knock on wood) to unlock my game  -lol

12 hours ago, Schizoid-Man said:

The problem is sometimes its virtually impossible to finish a quest when the mechanics are glitched, and its the weekend (DE techs and devs are offline).

Take TWW for example, to defeat queen's guards you have to exit your frame to use "new" void stun and dash powers to make the guard's drop their primary and become vulnerable to attack. 

The trick is, the guards are not stupid for bots, rather than be defeated by your void powers, they are programmed to leap across the room to attack you empty frame (automatically returning you to your frame where you are powerless).

Bottom line, invulnerable enemies against a powerless frame as quest is. *** How can we fight with new void powers when we are instant returned to our frames at the first swipe of a guard?  ***

Worse, ***why is there no technical way to add an "END QUEST" command ***-- current system is a "leap of faith" choosing no return, when really until your play the quest, you wont know if its glitched until you.re locked in :(

This is a different story, I have no problem with there being an abort quest button. Especially given that it is new and bugs are bound to happen, and in some cases can halt progress completely.

However complaining just because you don't think the quest is fun is another story.

On 11/19/2016 at 2:56 AM, Schizoid-Man said:

You betcha Tess!  Clearly, our fellow gamer post a request for technical support to the community, but instead get dragged thru the coals by most every poster (or troll) above about his game skills.    

He can, as a consumer, complain about something that bothers him. And he has every right to request support from DE, or suggest changes in the future. 

However, saying he is "having his human rights violated", because he is locked into a video game quest, is just ridiculous hyperbole. You quoted me, but totally left out the context of WHAT I quoted. A comment that was over the top. In terms of comments being "helpful to the game/play goodwill", comments that make over the top claims that their human rights are being violated, because they were locked into a quest (with fair warning) are certainly not helpful at all. 

Yes, some people have been overly unruly in this thread. But some people have also expressed honest disagreement/dissension, which they have a right to do. Forum threads are a place for discussion, not a place to just sound off unchallenged. 

15 hours ago, Schizoid-Man said:

The problem is sometimes its virtually impossible to finish a quest when the mechanics are glitched, and its the weekend (DE techs and devs are offline).

Take TWW for example, to defeat queen's guards you have to exit your frame to use "new" void stun and dash powers to make the guard's drop their primary and become vulnerable to attack. 

The trick is, the guards are not stupid for bots, rather than be defeated by your void powers, they are programmed to leap across the room to attack you empty frame (automatically returning you to your frame where you are powerless).

Bottom line, invulnerable enemies against a powerless frame as quest is. *** How can we fight with new void powers when we are instant returned to our frames at the first swipe of a guard?  ***

Worse, ***why is there no technical way to add an "END QUEST" command ***-- current system is a "leap of faith" choosing no return, when really until your play the quest, you wont know if its glitched until you.re locked in :(

I'm on a 30 day supervision order so have to have a mod approve my post and it's the weekend so no chance of that until monday.

Check my post before the one here of yours which I've quoted and you will see some answers to your problems . . . by that I mean the original postion of the quoted post. I have a 'hidden' post taking the slot which you cannot see until a mod approves it and it's a post I'm hoping will help you get to MR23.

You are leaving your empty frame in full view when it should be hidden and use the circular corridor more than the center . . .why do you think DE put it there ?

If I can crack this quest so can you ;)

Edited by CaptainEras

15 hours ago, Schizoid-Man said:

Thanks for the post -- sprinting around outside circular hallway spawning void powers worked until I ran out of energy on the third guard - oh well.  Just reloaded INS (insurgency) and digital KF2, while I wait for support to open my ticket from last week (knock on wood) to unlock my game  -lol

The key is knowing when you will run out of energy and time your attack so that you have some juice left. Run away from the kuvas, exit your frame, and wait until they are in range to stun them, before finishing them off - if necessary, weaken them, run away with your frame and repeat.

On 21/11/2016 at 9:45 AM, Enno69 said:

The key is knowing when you will run out of energy and time your attack so that you have some juice left. Run away from the kuvas, exit your frame, and wait until they are in range to stun them, before finishing them off - if necessary, weaken them, run away with your frame and repeat.

DE created a central area for the queen and deadly for any operator battles.

DE created a corridor with doors to pop in and out of [ideal for popping out of - to the central area but sticking to the wall for movement - and popping back in behind them), when you see a guard. The secret is to guess which door to go back through to get behind them. Stick to the wall in the central area it takes them longer to pick up on you.

DE created 2 alcove areas to hide your frame in as it takes no part in the end game other than to fight Teshin. They made 2 alcoves so if/when the guard finds you, you can leg it to the one on the opposite side, although run around the corridor not across the central area as the guard has a line of sight on that.

The time it takes to ensure an attack from behind is worth it when balanced against the frustration of failed frontal attacks.

The most lethal event in the attack is the beam after the dash. The first one might not do too much damage but the second one is invariably lethal.

The guard cannot dash you if you are in close so keep around his feet whilst E recharges and watch for him about to swipe with his weapon.The moment you see this rush around behind him but keep close and zap him again with E, dash, and beam.

If/when he gets you, and you are returned to your frame, check that your frame is still in the alcove before again extracting the operator. If he finds your frame sprint around the corridor to the opposite alcove and hide him again.

You will find that a frame hidden in the back alcove is rarely found and when it is you are instantly back in it so can get out of there before any damage. Think about it, leaving a frame when you are in the middle of the central area or in the main corridor takes time and leaves it in full view of the guards . . . where is the sense in that ? . . . remember, the frame is of no use to you for this section of the endgame.

Edited by CaptainEras

17 hours ago, Enno69 said:

Say that to the person who had troubles with the fight, not to me.

Sorry, crossed wires, apart from not depositing your frame in an alcove I was agreeing with you and expanding a bit for those having difficulty. I had a ton of difficulty and never expected to crack it but when I did wanted to share my method in case it was helpful for someone else

Considering all the hassle over TWW it's a bit of a hoot that the riven mod given as part of the reward is no good, it doesn't work. It asks me to do a survival mission lvl 30 or above with a bleeding dragon key active and not to kill anyone. Did it at lvl 30 and again at lvl 40 and guess what ? . . . no key activated, now why doesn't that surprise me ?  ;)

Edited by CaptainEras

15 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

Sorry, crossed wires, apart from not depositing your frame in an alcove I was agreeing with you and expanding a bit for those having difficulty. I had a ton of difficulty and never expected to crack it but when I did wanted to share my method in case it was helpful for someone else

Considering all the hassle over TWW it's a bit of a hoot that the riven mod given as part of the reward is no good, it doesn't work. It asks me to do a survival mission lvl 30 or above with a bleeding dragon key active and not to kill anyone. Did it at lvl 30 and again at lvl 40 and guess what ? . . . no key activated, now why doesn't that surprise me ?  ;)

I used the alcove method against Teshin, didn't think about it during the Kuva fight and I killed them all - although I ended the showdown with no revives and 2 HP left.

TBH I believe those riven "unveiling" requirements are complete, utter BS. You got an easy one, it must be glitched... Mine asked me to land three headshots within a single aimglide, tried for an hour with different frame/weaps combinations, to no avail. Some challenges involve scanning a synthesis target with weird conditions added on top (hobbled key, no abilities etc) or protecting a defense objective without it taking any damage, etc...

3 hours ago, Enno69 said:

I used the alcove method against Teshin, didn't think about it during the Kuva fight and I killed them all - although I ended the showdown with no revives and 2 HP left.

TBH I believe those riven "unveiling" requirements are complete, utter BS. You got an easy one, it must be glitched... Mine asked me to land three headshots within a single aimglide, tried for an hour with different frame/weaps combinations, to no avail. Some challenges involve scanning a synthesis target with weird conditions added on top (hobbled key, no abilities etc) or protecting a defense objective without it taking any damage, etc...

I finished with 4 revives left. Found Teshin a complete walkover, took about 15 secs.

As for the riven mod. Yes, I got an easy one but what difference when it doesn't work. Doesn't matter for me because like all the normal mods I haven't got I'm not interested, I have some good setups and play for the gfx, co-op, and general shoot-em-up . . . simple things please simple minds, and all that.

I have some mods which extend the glide for quite some time.

EDIT: The Riven mod didn't say that Void missions don't count and have now activated it. It says. Cernos Lexi - satinin, whatever that means. Anyway, it just has the normal stuff on only a list of them, so what, really not interested. looks to me like DE are doing this as a way for us to hold more mods in the same amount of slots. We have 8 slots so if you bung 4 mods onto each riven mod placing the correct selection should give you 32 mods. No thanks, most 2 function mods are good because the 2nd function is useful, otherwise it's single mods for me.

It's like cooking a meal, more is not better, it just becomes a hotch potch of confusing and conflicting flavours.

Edited by CaptainEras

8 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

I finished with 4 revives left. Found Teshin a complete walkover, took about 15 secs.

As for the riven mod. Yes, I got an easy one but what difference when it doesn't work. Doesn't matter for me because like all the normal mods I haven't got I'm not interested, I have some good setups and play for the gfx, co-op, and general shoot-em-up . . . simple things please simple minds, and all that.

I have some mods which extend the glide for quite some time.

EDIT: The Riven mod didn't say that Void missions don't count and have now activated it. It says. Cernos Lexi - satinin, whatever that means. Anyway, it just has the normal stuff on only a list of them, so what, really not interested. looks to me like DE are doing this as a way for us to hold more mods in the same amount of slots. We have 8 slots so if you bung 4 mods onto each riven mod placing the correct selection should give you 32 mods. No thanks, most 2 function mods are good because the 2nd function is useful, otherwise it's single mods for me.

It's like cooking a meal, more is not better, it just becomes a hotch potch of confusing and conflicting flavours.

Some people will be interested, some won't. It's the same with every system. People have different interests.

As for your mod slot theory, no. You can only fit one riven mod on each weapon.

8 hours ago, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

Some people will be interested, some won't. It's the same with every system. People have different interests.

As for your mod slot theory, no. You can only fit one riven mod on each weapon.

Ah! . . we used to have 10 mod slots a few years ago so stacking one mod [riven mod] with a few different effects is a bit like extending back to 10 slots. I don't know what the big deal is with these mods ? We have numurous different mods for effects which can be stacked [impact, etc.], and this is just another one except with more effects on one mod, but what if we only really want one or two of those effects stacked ? I like to build specific frames so for the maximum power the mods we already have are best for that job.

People will say this and people will say that but at the end of the day it's all about results and I'm not the best nor am I the worst. I very rarely leave a session without the feeling of achieving what I set out to achieve.

If I don't get what I'm after from a grind it doesn't matter, I'm one of those gamers who play for the enjoyment of the game and have little expectation when dealing with any RNG system . . . that's just a path to frustration.

This forum doesn't keep a quote string so things can appear out of context. My comment about the 'glide' was in response to a comment in a previous post about having to get 3 headshots in one aimglide for a riven mod. I don't know but maybe if 3 glide mods were stacked they might give enough 'air' time to get those shots ? I'd be inclined to find a crowd in a survival or Def. mission and with the soma or boltor aimglide and hope for the best.

Edited by CaptainEras