Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage ticks forever until you die

Kaldo

I'm not sure why this happens, since the "debuff" icon is gone by then, but I've experienced this bug twice so far, and heard the same happening from a teammate too, and it's kinda gamebreaking.

Basically, the player continually receives small amounts of damage every second or so, even when he's not affected by a damage proc like slashing or toxic. While not a big amount of damage, it is just enough to stop the shield from regenerating and so eventually it will surely kill you. I'm guessing that the damage-over-time debuffs don't properly get removed after they expire, and damage keeps ticking afterwards, since I think I've always been affected by slashing or toxic procs before this happens.

Jumping into holes, entering void form / kid mode doesn't stop the damage. Getting downed and revived does however, but that is hardly any consolation when you're by yourself in a mission.

I'm absolutely sure. The first time it happened I was on Hieracon Excavation. At first I thought it was "cold" damage, like on some other snow maps, but it was ticking even indoors, and after I downed and was revived, it stopped ticking even outside. 

The second time was in an Orokin Derelict extermination today. I was scanning kavat DNA samples and suddenly I started constantly losing HP on my Ivara, even though I wasn't in combat or affected by any debuffs at all. It lasted until I died, at which point I revived and continued normally without any damage.

edit: Your question actually prompted me to review a video of it, I've luckily had playstv running and it recorded the session. It seems the cause of the bug are small infestation crawlers that attach to you, but even after disappearing they continue to do damage. I didn't notice it the first time but it's obvious now in this clip. http://plays.tv/video/582b6b731985658770/warframe-bug Since both maps I mentioned have infestation as enemies, it seems this is in fact the cause of this bug.

If the quality is low, wait a bit and it should improve after processing the video.

Edited by Kaldo
added proof for bug cause

10 minutes ago, Kaldo said:

I'm absolutely sure. The first time it happened I was on Hieracon Excavation. At first I thought it was "cold" damage, like on some other snow maps, but it was ticking even indoors, and after I downed and was revived, it stopped ticking even outside. 

The second time was in an Orokin Derelict extermination today. I was scanning kavat DNA samples and suddenly I started constantly losing HP on my Ivara, even though I wasn't in combat or affected by any debuffs at all. It lasted until I died, at which point I revived and continued normally without any damage.

edit: Your question actually prompted me to review a video of it, I've luckily had playstv running and it recorded the session. It seems the cause of the bug are small infestation crawlers that attach to you, but even after disappearing they continue to do damage. I didn't notice it the first time but it's obvious now in this clip. http://plays.tv/video/582b6b731985658770/warframe-bug Since both maps I mentioned have infestation as enemies, it seems this is in fact the cause of this bug.

If the quality is low, wait a bit and it should improve after processing the video.

nice find! i will definitely be keeping note of this for the future. Clearly a bug, hopefully they'll fix it soon since unlike Life Support those little buggers can actually kill you (life support just drops you down to 5 health and no lower).

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the same experience, on Hieracon, over multiple runs of Hieracon. Slow ticks of damage, like frost. Except, i noticed, none from the team, was recieving the same damage. No procs of slash or frost. So far, this bug has persisted over 3 runs...