Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OBS Studio

Babellon

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the whole video game recording thing, streaming videos and all that. I installed OBS thinking I'd get some recording of gameplay, maybe stream some stuff on twitch. Every time I go to do so OBS forces me to redo everything, renders in black screen and/or simply does not capture the games at all no matter how hard I try. can someone explain to me how this is supposed to work? I see other people using it, I have gotten it to work...why am I having to redo the setup every time I start a game? how to I get it to consistently capture my game and record it without having to make a new setup each time I start? I'd appreciate any assistance someone with apparently more understanding than me could offer at this point because it seems absurd to me.

Edit: I've watched 4 videos today,. all telling me to do the same thing, which is the thing I've done already. I'm coming to the conclusion OBS stupido is just a waste of space on my harddrive and I should just go buy a decent capture software that will actually work. sorry for taking up the thread space. feel free to delete this like I did that program

Edited by Babellon