Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Dev Workshop: New Mods Part 1!

[DE]Rebecca

if you want to add quirks to weapons and open new playstyles and such, just make it so that there are no modifiers that directly increase damage. just having another damage increasing mod only makes the situation worse when it comes to the meta weapons and powercreep and such.

Honestly if the intent of the Riven mods is that they are "unique" to the player who earned them, they shouldn't be tradable. It defeats the point of earning something that is uniquely yours.

Also, what are you folks planning on doing with Riven mods that give useless stats? And I'm not talking about +crit chance on a non-crit weapon. I'm talking about actually useless.

Lwkm5GO.jpg

This was the one I got from my quest after I unveiled it. Magazine Capacity on a bow? The other stats are all very subpar (but not BAD), but Magazine Capacity taking up a slot is just laughable. It's a bow! I've seen some other odd combinations too, like +Impact damage on a Paracyst mod and ZOOM on the Penta (who mods for Zoom on a grenade launcher? Hang on, can't take out that Rampart. Gotta put on my scope first...)

You need to put things in place to prevent some of these nonsensical combinations like Mag Cap on a bow or IPS on an innately elemental weapon.

Much appreciated for this, Rebecca. 

I think the best part of this workshop is being able to hear what DE's goals and intentions are. That's sometimes a point of contention as I am given a system and have to try to analyze what the intended intentions are vs what is then perceived as the intention. Knowing that, I feel better equipped to provide feedback that both works towards your goals and my enjoyment of them. 

I feel so strongly about this that I would strongly consider making these sort of communications in the release notes along side them. I know that's a lot to cram into the update page, but as I said, knowing what YOUR intentions are better help ME understand the situation, what you're trying to achieve, and be able to constructively determine whether you are achieving those intentions.

Very much looking forward to seeing Riven mods improved, as I completely agree with the intentions. I want to see more weapons get used and was excited when Riven mods were brought up. There are tweakings to be done, but that's not a bad thing. The core idea is solid and I'm excited for more.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Finished The War Within? If so, then you've received your first of a new class of Mod: Riven Mods!

Riven by nature stands for 'to split or tear apart violently' - which is an accurate summation of everyone's reactions to them! Cephalon Samodeus invites you to learn more about them and Mods in general here. For those of you who don’t know the specifics, Riven Mods have randomly generated stats (including MR requirement and polarities) for one randomly-selected weapon that are revealed once you complete a specific challenge.

Firstly, we should all understand our goal and why this goal existed in the first place:

We want to give players something unique to them that can speak to their wider Arsenal. We want to give new life to the Arsenal in a non-static way.

Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style. We’re all familiar with blazing through missions to the Extraction Point, but this system gives players new challenges that require them to test the creative limits of their Arsenal in their quest to Unveil their new Mods. Yes, meta weapons are in the selection pool, but Riven Mods are not needed to make this gear (like the Tonkor or Synoid Simulor) more powerful. What they can do is add an interesting buff to a comparatively underpowered weapon in order to encourage players to think outside of that meta box.

This is why we have prevented players from choosing what weapon the Riven Mod will be for; if we didn’t, we would end up with millions of Soma Mods and none for the Gorgon. The exponential Cycling costs are there to encourage players to try the existing stats before they embark on the journey to the ‘perfect roll’. For those of you who want to find the best Mod possible, that avenue is available to you, but that is not the goal behind this system.

We have started to add quirks to weapons, as shown with the recent Syndicate Melees, and this is supposed to be a continuation of that train of thought: we want players to be able to use their weapons in new ways that typical builds don’t encourage or allow. The current maximum number of 15 Riven Mods is a reflection of this, as limitations encourages creativity and choice.

Secondly, this system will be slow to roll out and include iteration.

Perhaps you've noticed only Rifle Mods exist in the Riven tier at this time - this is no accident.

We want to hear what our community thinks, which is the reason why we only implemented these for Rifles. Perhaps there are tweaks to this system that can make these Mods more unique and interesting beyond randomized stats so that our intentions are clearer. This mechanic is something that hasn’t existed in Warframe before, and we want to be careful in making sure it doesn’t undermine our ultimate goals for the game.

We took a risk (Warframe wouldn't be here without risks), and the insight our fans offer us is so incredibly valuable as we work to make Riven Mods, and Warframe, better. As Developers, we want to emphasize: nothing is set in stone. Warframe is known to be always changing and adapting. Remember that groups work best together when respect is shown, so while we can and do look past a lot of vitriol to find what you think, it's better that you express your thought without it.

Lastly, what is the immediate iteration you can expect?

In the past 3 or so days since The War Within has been released, our community brought up some very pertinent points concerning this system. The first is trading, and the lack of UI indication of how many times a Mod has been Cycled and the Weapon it is for, which will soon be added to both Veiled (after the initial Unveiling) and Unveiled Mods. For example, a Cycled Lanka mod will appear as Lanka Riven Mod until it is unveiled again.

Your commentary about meta weapons has been taken to heart as well, and we will be tweaking the algorithm to account for 'Riven Disposition'.

'Riven Disposition' is the way in which power level of Mods is attuned to the weapon it is generated for. Mastery Rank and Stats will factor into this attunement, so you can expect to see more powerful Rivens for less used weapons and vice versa.

This modification will also affect existing Riven Mods to reflect our desire to give new life to ‘discarded’ weapons in a unique way, and not increase the power of the top tier ones. Prepare to see a difference in stats of existing Riven Mods in an upcoming hotfix. Warframe content will not be balanced around Riven Mods, but Riven Mods will be balanced within their own ecosystem. We wanted this system to allow players to experiment with their Arsenal in existing end-game missions. It's not our intention to add content where these Mods will be necessary - it brings new ways of experiencing the existing game.

These are just some immediate changes we will be making, but we will be taking the rest of your feedback into consideration as we further develop this system.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. The Riven system will go and change, and for those who choose to use it, this is a post that covers what you can expect!

:clap:

I personally love the Riven Mods system and would love to see it put into other parts of the game it promotes mod diversity as well as going back and having a reason to use those weapons that you just used once for mastery. I hope to see more in the future

I know I haven't exactly posted much here, but I've been playing a good long while and would like to chime in.  This system has some interesting potential, but certainly needs a lot of refining.

You've supplied a lot of good points in your explanation of Riven mods, but this is one that bothers me a good deal:

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is why we have prevented players from choosing what weapon the Riven Mod will be for; if we didn’t, we would end up with millions of Soma Mods and none for the Gorgon.

I highly doubt Riven mods will change meta players from playing the meta.  No doubt you will see a load of mods like this.  But I would still like to be able to choose my weapon.

Here's why:

I have several favorite weapons that are not "meta" and do under-perform in end-game content.  I often try to pump them up as much as I can, but when the going gets tough, I might have to switch over to a "meta" weapon anyway.  A decent Riven mod for one of these weapons would very much encourage me to play with them more and switch up builds.

But how do I get one?  I either have to submit to multiple layers of RNG, putting in a lot of time and effort for a mod that turns out to be nearly worthless for me; or, I have to attempt to hunt down a person willing to trade or sell one to me (most likely at a high price due to their random nature).  That's extremely discouraging to me.  I feel like even getting a mod for a weapon I have in my inventory is like winning the lottery.   I got a Riven mod for the Flux Rifle and Death Machine.  I can promise you I still have zero interest in crafting and using Flux Rifle or Death Machine.

If I can choose the weapon the random stats will be generated for, I could potentially use them on weapons I really like that typically under-perform.  If I cannot choose the weapon, I feel utterly discouraged and am more inclined to ignore the system all together.

12 hours ago, Azrael said:

I really want to know how much plat all that cost you...  :)

Not much, things now are way more expensive, i wasted more or less 1000 pl

Thing is, i picked up these mods because we were limited to 15, i also wanted mods for each weapon that i owned, but i was nearly forced to go with the weapons i use the most.

I also don't like DE telling us how we should run missions and what weapons we should instead use, especially when this request comes possibly after MR 16 (that some mods require)

I like the idea, but alot of tweaking and carefull nerfs need to be done, this dev post should had come before the update, not after.

Edited by KIREEK

Saying "you don't have to use it" when regarding for meta is quite literally dismissing the problem.

It has already started: People trading meta weapon riven mods for hundreds, even thousands of plat. This didn't went against the meta, it raised the bar even higher and more expensive.

Sure, it's great my zhuge can now have 0 recoil, or the same recoil as when using stabilizer, plus substantially superior puncture damage and crit chance. But since the same or better happens to my tonkor, the only thing that changed is what can be considered "end level" for those weapons-- which is, once more, even more deep in "survival cheese territory".

You just put yourself in even a worse place if you are expecting rebalancing damage in the future, because you literally created mods you don't know what they do.

If warframe had a properly balanced difficulty curve and weapons, and these mods provided suitable modifiers (not buffs), than this could be a good idea. But it hasn't, and these mods give egregiously big buffs.

It's honestly baffling how you won't give awfully needed QoL changes to Equinox (which became even more needed, since I love loosing my slow when changing to Operator mode) with the pretext of "It'd make her too overpowered", but will literally spit into the game an algorithm that can give +150 crit chance, +132% crit damage, and + 104% damage to the bloody SOMA PRIME.

Damn DE! You aren't edgy teenagers with no forward thinking anymore! Get your sh!t together and start having some congruence in your design choices!

And start thinking about them! How could you take a year to decide to put vacuum on all sentinels but than put this in the game?

EDIT: And as a side note: ??Justifying the existence of objectively more rewarding ways to play the game with "we want players to play anyway they want" is the same logic some people use to excuse the right to oppress.

You are using the freedom of some in order to justify its removal from others, directly or indirectly, as legitimate.

"Cheesy" is not a playstyle. It's a bad design. Either you make every playstyle equally rewarding, or this game will simply go downhill.

Edited by tnccs215

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

[quotes below]

"Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style."
We have no agency towards that, though. It's RNG to get a Riven mod from sorties, RNG for the unveil challenge, RNG for the weapon, RNG for the stats, RNG for Kuva to appear in the mission if you want to reroll, RNG for the new stats. When I ran a total of 5 hours of T3 Survival for Saryn Prime Chassis over the process of two weeks, I did not feel accomplished. I felt lucky, but quite bitter. 

How can we change our play style if the barrier to that is beyond our control? What do we do in the meantime? Endldessly grind sorties for a low drop rate of Franekenstein's RNG monster? 

"We’re all familiar with blazing through missions to the Extraction Point,"
Speaking of, that's exactly what's happening with Kuva right now. We have no way to guarantee the spawn, and we're getting nothing useful on the 100th Sedna Capture mission (because the rewards are irrelevant and not worth it to "endgame" players), so you're making us blaze through for the Kuva. Please give us an actual structure to these missions. Make them rotating alerts, make them an actual mission type, SOMETHING. Having to pointlessly run a mission for the off chance what you want appears isn't gameplay, it's a grindwall. Please give us some form of agency and reduce the RNG. 

"Yes, meta weapons are in the selection pool, but Riven Mods are not needed to make this gear (like the Tonkor or Synoid Simulor) more powerful."

So, logically, if the top tier weapons don't need Riven Mods...You could have just not given them Riven mods? They'd still be the easiest thing to max out and use, but the Riven mods could buff the weaker weapons towards their level. And it's clear that some weapons are set to be weak, Scott has said as much multiple times on dev streams that there is an esoteric ranking system in play. 

"This is why we have prevented players from choosing what weapon the Riven Mod will be for; if we didn’t, we would end up with millions of Soma Mods and none for the Gorgon."
Or, again, you could have just not given the Soma a Riven mod when it's already been chosen to be a top-tier weapon, and then I could choose if I want to buff my Tiberon or Burston (both of which I love). 

"The exponential Cycling costs are there to encourage players to try the existing stats before they embark on the journey to the ‘perfect roll’."
We're supposed to try negative multishot? We're supposed to try negative damage? We're supposed to try IPS damage on elemental weapons (which does nothing by the way)? We're supposed to try recoil and ammo maximum on Sentinel weapons (also does nothing)? We're supposed to try things crit buffs on the Miter? I understand the sentiment but you put these mods up to total RNG, with the only caveat that weapons like the Soma didn't get flight speed modification (or maybe they did? o3o). Cycling COSTS are fine, but if it's possible to roll into a completely non-viable Riven stat set, you should understand that players are understandably going to see the developers in a bad light.

"The current maximum number of 15 Riven Mods is a reflection of this, as limitations encourages creativity and choice."
I would argue against this, but it's rough RNG to even get A Riven Mod, so arguing capacity is a moot point right now. Why not something like a weekly, challenging mission at a high MR to get another Riven mod (I only suggest high MR as a way to curb market overflow, if that's important to you).

"Secondly, this system will be slow to roll out and include iteration."
Definitely think you shouldn't have made these tradeable then. Players who were impatient and chose to buy Riven mods from other players (I was not one of them) are now going to feel frustrated with your choice to nerf their purchase after allowing them to make that trade. I do however respect your choice to not grandfather these players, as that is healthier to the balance of the game. Ultimately the choice to make the mods tradeable, and the inevitable balancing (I also respect that you are doing something to fix these, looking at Focus and its incredibly broken Shadow Step passive right now for a counterexample) would either upset the community with your choice to nerf or grandfather, or would damage the balance of the game. Couldn't make everyone happy with this one, but any change was better than no change in this case.

For those who will say "well you took the risk in trading", don't. If it was so obvious that DE was going to change (and in this case, nerf) some of these mods, that's a bait and switch and artificial stimulation of the player market. That's setting players up for failure. That's not excusable with victim blaming. That's unprofessional on DE's part.

Lastly..
"We wanted this system to allow players to experiment with their Arsenal in existing end-game missions."

And the endgame is...? Law of Retribution understandably so has a CC, not kill meta, because the enemies at those levels with hitscan weapons will frustratingly one-shot players while they work on the puzzles. This isn't even unique to Warframe, in any game you don't want enemies hitting and disrupting you while you solve something that limits your combat capabilities. 
Sorties are there, sure, but that's just an infinite loop. We grind sorties to get Riven mods to grind sorties again for more Riven mods? 
No Dark Sectors yet. 
Sentients aren't important to end game. They have no role in this game other than farming Vengeful Revenant (a mod for an adequate, but not top-tier weapon category). 
Endless Relics are back but 75 waves or 75 minutes of Defense/Survival just for ONE radiant relic (if I understand rightly, correct me if I'm wrong) isn't going to be on everyone's to do list. Putting aside the question of equipment and preparedness with Riven mods, the time investement is ridiculous. 
So what is the existing end-game you expect us to use the Riven mods in that ISN'T the sorties (because that's where we GET these mods)?

Edited by TheDarkStarChimaera

This system still needed to wait until Damage 3.0 was tackled. This is not a satisfactory way to address the standing issues.

I would recommend a moratorium on Riven Mods, gaining, trading, and use until Warframe's damage model is worked on. Riven Mods were fired from the hip too fast and on too wide a scale. All "Rifle Class" is too broad a category to successfully explore this method of bringing "Old" weapons up to par with "Newer/Meta" weapons.

This should have been done on its own, looking at the Braton family: Mk-1, Braton, Prime, and Vandal (a reintroduction for the "Riven" event). Using just the Bratons better data and formulations can be built to target "inferior" weapons.

There are many conceptual problems with the Riven mods:

1. It conflicts with the Weapons as Upgrades model you've been running for 3 years.
    • That upgrade model is also rather scattered and not unified, and its needed in need of unification for basically those 3 years. The problem has just grown out of control as more weapons were pushed faster in the last 1.5 years.
  2. It builds on the flaws of Damage 2.0 without the ability to address them.
    • Worse, and like the backlash you'll get when "Meta" Riven mods get Nerfed, any changes to the Damage model with negatively impact these mods in cascading untested ways.
  3. It did not have "protections" against scamming and multi-account farming/storage built in from the start. The fact that Re-rolls are infinitely scaling, and not documented visibly has already been abused. The storage limit, and sortie limit, also encourage Multi-account use (despite interaction between same-user accounts being against ToS), for both Storage and Farming (the limited daily access).

Too fast, too soon, too wide a deployment, and needlessly lumped into an already bloated update that bogged you down.

You need more thought, testing, and a much slower limited release. Ultimately you picked a bad time to do this, right on top of The War Within. It gave you no real time to focus on such a massively disrupting new system.

One more time: PICK 1 or 2 systems per update! This is the fundamental lesson of TWW that you still don't seem to have learned and put into practice. Riven Mods on top of just this TWW update was way too much to manage well. Riven Mods should have been Axed from the TWW deployment package, not rushed in.

Edited by Brasten

I got a really decent mod for the Hind, and yet the hind itself is underused (and many weapons) because its ugly (see below)

Increasing a weapon's potential capability is only half of the equation. Fashion frame rules all decisions. Make the guns look better if you want people to use them.

This is why we have prevented players from choosing what weapon the Riven Mod will be for; if we didn’t, we would end up with millions of Soma Mods and none for the Gorgon.

Please reconsider. My meta weapons are strong enough, I see no reason to invest in a Riven for them. I just want to put Gorgon/Braton/Stradivar on an even field with my other guns.

The people who would ignore other guns and only use Rivens for meta weapons are the kind of people who most likely won't bother with weaker guns anyways.

Let's just make life easier for both sides.

Why do riven mods for sentinels exist? What's the point of having these very limited mods for weapons we can't even use? I get that they want players to use non-meta weapons, but if the player isn't even using it, is it really helping them to "revisit old weapons and to change up their play style"? Not really. Also, with regards to the meta-weapon issue which eliminates weapon rerolls, there's no reason it has to be one of those two options. Instead of that false dilemma, do something like make weapon groups, so you can reroll within your mod's group group, or even tier lists, where you can only reroll in or below the current tier. That way, you can change the weapon without leading to massive population gradients to the most OP weapons. There are plenty of non-absolute options that could be leveraged to make the presented issues non-issues, instead of saying they would be issues, and there's really no way around it. Perhaps if riven mods were more easily obtained than through random sortie chances, like a kuva fortress assassination mission or something where you can waste precisely the amount of time you want to farming for them, this would be less of a sore issue, but as it stands, it is incredibly frustrating to see people with amazing mods while all you have is garbage taking up some of your 15 slots.

As long as I'm being annoying, I also disagree with the way kuva costs increase. These cost increases will likely not change overall player behavior, but they will lead to consolidation of the most powerful mods in the hands of a select few players with ridiculous amounts of time and willingness to grind for kuva, while leaving most normal players far behind. It won't be worth it to reroll, so just take the plat someone's willing to pay for it and let them deal with it. The principle behind trying to get "players to try the existing stats before they embark on the journey to the ‘perfect roll’" is also rather silly, very few people want a useless weapon if they have to take up limited inventory to do so. If your mod is garbage, you will want to reroll, but with increasing costs and a totally RNG based system, the odds of improvement may not be very high. Not to mention, scamming is rampant in trades, with resealed mods sold as fresh, though that issue is much simpler to resolve.

In all, the riven mod concept is cool, but it seems poorly thought through. The problems players have are the results of uncreative solutions to admittedly serious potential issues. It just kind of feels half-baked at present with the easiest solutions used rather than good ones. God I hate being this type of player, but until Warframe, Borderlands was my most played series. I am very familiar with nitty gritty grinding for minute stat differences, and I loved that Warframe didn't have it. The satisfaction of finally getting a particular weapon was never worth the dozens or hundreds of attempts it would take to have it drop.

I've been trying my damndest to find a 'good' mod for the burston. I love my burston prime, but with the syndicate mod giving it +80% fire-rate, aswell as Riven mods, 70% of which I've seen have Fire rate on it, or -Reload Speed, which cripples its already high 2.0 reload speed, and how fast its low damage out-put burns through ammo. I'm be happy with a +Status Chance, Heat/Toxin + Multishot mod. But the two I've gotten so far, after a few re-rolls, have been very lack-luster. 

I'd be really nice if, you kept the re-rolling cost to, say, 1200 Kuva always. But add in the " Re-roll one stat " option, for, say, an extra 600 kuva, ect. Not aiming to get the 'perfect mod', but to make it so that you can change a very detrimental stat, like -93% Puncture on a Paris mod, but it has +90% Crit chance, and +120% Crit damage, and more elemental damage, and you could re-roll the - Puncture into - Grinner damage, or - ammo pool, persay. But preferably a damage stat stay damage, and autility stat stay utility. So you couldnt just reroll negative damage stats into negative zoon, ect.

Thanks for the post!

my one request is that some new features get added not just + this or minus that, like a fear affect for stealth kills on a bow, or a sleep affect for a bow, or a mod that makes the opticor fire two distinct beams at a set angle apart for double the headshots, things like this that are truly unique

We want to give players something unique to them that can speak to their wider Arsenal. We want to give new life to the Arsenal in a non-static way.

I like this. I like that Riven mods are unique. I know some people don't like it and I understand why, but it is something that appeals to me. You've succeeded on that front. 

Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style. We’re all familiar with blazing through missions to the Extraction Point, but this system gives players new challenges that require them to test the creative limits of their Arsenal in their quest to Unveil their new Mods. Yes, meta weapons are in the selection pool, but Riven Mods are not needed to make this gear (like the Tonkor or Synoid Simulor) more powerful. What they can do is add an interesting buff to a comparatively underpowered weapon in order to encourage players to think outside of that meta box.

Here's where the problems start. If meta weapons have access to Riven mods, those mods will always be more desirable. I got a +crit dmg mod for the Hind, a weapon with 5% crit chance. When I saw that and came to the forum to see what other people had gotten with their Riven mods, like +200% damage and +100% multishot on the Tonkor, my reaction wasn't "I need to try the Hind to see how this mod works," it was "The game punished me for completing the War Within and soloing an Interception with a Hobbled Dragon Key." It was utterly demoralizing, even moreso than when I used to get Orokin cells or fusion cores while farming for prime parts. 

In addition, meta weapons dilute the weapon pool, which makes it even less likely that I'll get a Riven mod for a weapon that I like. My Dex Sybaris isn't quite good enough for endgame content and I would love to make my Silva and Aegis viable, but what are the odds that I'll ever get a Riven mod for those weapons? Besides, spending potatoes and forma on a sub-par weapon is a waste of resources for most people. 

As it is, Riven mods for meta weapons are far more desirable than they are for non-meta weapons and players who would like to use certain non-meta weapons might never get the bandaid they need. 

The exponential Cycling costs are there to encourage players to try the existing stats before they embark on the journey to the ‘perfect roll’. For those of you who want to find the best Mod possible, that avenue is available to you, but that is not the goal behind this system.

Again, +crit dmg for a weapon with a 5% crit chance. I didn't reset my Riven mod because I wanted a "perfect roll." I reset it because I wanted to try and get a mod that I could at least sell. I got lucky on my challenge - 3 headshots during glides, which is more difficult than I thought it would be, but still isn't as bad as some other challenges I've seen - but it's extremely frustrating that I might jump through all these hoops just go get another garbage mod. I might make a few other token attempts, but I'm probably just going to give up. 

The current maximum number of 15 Riven Mods is a reflection of this, as limitations encourages creativity and choice.

You're partially correct. In many cases, I enjoy working within the bounds of system limitations because it does encourage creativity. However, that doesn't apply here. All it really does is ensure that people will keep the best mods for the best weapons and get rid of everything else because they don't have the space for it. The limitations should be applied to the Riven mods, not storage space. 

'Riven Disposition' is the way in which power level of Mods is attuned to the weapon it is generated for. Mastery Rank and Stats will factor into this attunement, so you can expect to see more powerful Rivens for less used weapons and vice versa.

This should help solve problems with Riven mod balance, but it won't actually address the problem with Riven mods.

Riven mods rely too heavily on RNG and, in many cases, they can punish players for putting effort into the game. If I don't get what I want out of a radshare, I know I can at least get something worth ducats, so it's not a complete waste of time, but with Riven mods, if I don't get what I want, I need to pay a Kuva tax and try again. It is a thoroughly unpleasant experience. 

34 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

Please, please leave sentinel weapons out of this.

28 minutes ago, last1done said:

Why do riven mods for sentinels exist?

Speak for yourselves, I would love a vulklok riven mod. Or a sweeper prime riven mod. Ooh, how about a deconstructor riven mod?! I'll just roll it until I get a nice status chance stat. I would use it all the time, even if it takes 8 forma to fit it.

Hi Rebecca. 

I get that you want to make underused weapons good.

In concept, this is great. You wanna give me a reason to pull out my Tiberon? YES PLEASE. But if a mod that is randomly obtained can involve NEGATIVE STATS, why on earth will I use it?

I get that you want to randomize things to keep things unique to a player.

In concept, this is great. But but again, if spending Kuva on it has a chance to make a mod WORSE, why on earth will I do it?

I get that you want to want to tweak the system so less used guns will get nicer mods. 

Again, great in theory. But if I get a Sybaris mod that gives me a 50% damage boost after spending 1900 Kuva on it, and my friend gets a Sybaris mod that gives him a 90% damage boost directly without spending Kuva on it, you know what happens? This little thing called SALT (not saying I'm gonna be salty, I'm not going to bother until the system becomes at least somewhat reasonable with the absurd RNG). Toxicity can be bred far too easily.

I hope these will be addressed. Cheers!