[DE]Drew

New Items are entering Prime Vault!

14 minutes ago, Irorone said:

DE to be blunt why does the prime vault even exist at this point?  It just drives me nuts to see stuff getting vaulted and I can't think of a single logical reason to do so.  It's not like the game can't handle the number of relics cuz it's not like all our Nova Prime relics get vaulted as well.  Seriously ALL this does is cause trading prices on this sort of stuff to spike.

Think of it this way:

Remember farming relics for Nekros Prime? The hours/days it took to get enough of the relics that dropped stuff to have a decent chance of getting the part you need? How many missions you did where only 1, if any, relics with Nekros/Galantine/Tigris parts dropped?

Now picture that with almost twice as many "bad" relics with stuff you already have, and have had for a year or more. You might go days without the relic you needed, and each new Prime would make it worse.

36 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

Drop tables getting choc-a-bloc with relics.

Of course, if they spread out relics to more than just 5 out of 12 gamemodes then it'd be all cushty.

That would help, but in the end it would just delay the point where the pool of relics becomes too diluted.

...and you can't really divide a fracture the relic pools for missions too much; each time you do you further dilute the playerbase for that mission(s) as well.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, MultiRaptor said:

Why does Prime Vault still exist DE? Cmon, we have relic system now, why do you still do this?

Because it makes them money when they unvault them. People who didn't buy the pack initially will buy it, and people will buy plat to trade for the relics or parts. It is, shall we say, less than optimal in some customer's eyes, but it's the system we have now. 

Nova gets vaulted now; Ember Prime and Frost Prime get unvaulted for a short period of time in December. Then the cycle continues after that with the next most recent Prime.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Foefaller said:

That would help, but in the end it would just delay the point where the pool of relics becomes too diluted.

...and you can't really divide a fracture the relic pools for missions too much; each time you do you further dilute the playerbase for that mission(s) as well.

Of course.

But with the amount of empty space in the countless other missions that don't drop anything besides credits (and measly amounts at that), DE could possibly put 2 sets of vaulted primes back into the drop tables if they spread them all out.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Irorone said:

DE to be blunt why does the prime vault even exist at this point?  It just drives me nuts to see stuff getting vaulted and I can't think of a single logical reason to do so.  It's not like the game can't handle the number of relics cuz it's not like all our Nova Prime relics get vaulted as well.  Seriously ALL this does is cause trading prices on this sort of stuff to spike.

Which causes players to buy more platinum.

• Upvote 2

I think the reason why Prime Vault still exists is because otherwise relic drop table will get really big. Eventually it will get really hard to farm for the relic we want because of how diluted the drop table will get.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

Because it makes them money 

WHAT?! how dare they make money on this game they let you play for free with constant updates. I demand DE giving away everything for free and turning themself into a charity organization with the sole purpose of giving me free stuff. 

• Upvote 6

47 minutes ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

So unvault Rhino or Loki Prime. Players earned this for losing so good frame from relics. If you are going to vault frames starting from those most useful - looks like Saryn Prime will be next...

Volt Prime is next. They've been vaulting primes in the order they were released.

4 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

Think of it this way:

Remember farming relics for Nekros Prime? The hours/days it took to get enough of the relics that dropped stuff to have a decent chance of getting the part you need? How many missions you did where only 1, if any, relics with Nekros/Galantine/Tigris parts dropped?

Now picture that with almost twice as many "bad" relics with stuff you already have, and have had for a year or more. You might go days without the relic you needed, and each new Prime would make it worse.

Actually on nekros the only issue I had was systems and that was with getting the relic itself, which was rare because new primes.

It was probably a fair bit of luck but I had NO issue with getting tigris or galatine prime.

We have HOW MANY missions that reward relics?  On top of that the only times when particular relics are rare is a. when the drop of that relic is naturally low to begin with, b. you don't know where to get said relic because the codex doesn't offer entries you don't have at least one of (hence why the wiki is STILL better), c. IT'S BEEN VAULTED.

Each new prime set takes MONTHS to come out there's time to put in a new place to farm it etc. but it's just easier for them to vault stuff.  Understandable, but no less irritating from a player perspective.

There are ways for them to undilute the current pools so that every prime fits but it would involve them giving up naturally low drop odds of particular relics, which they won't do because new primes being at least somewhat rare is what makes them their prime access money.

Half the complaints I see on the starchart is that too many people congregate on particular nodes.  Even then they would congregate to places where they could get the new prime relics anyways.

2 minutes ago, Ginthus said:

WHAT?! how dare they make money on this game they let you play for free with constant updates. I demand DE giving away everything for free and turning themself into a charity organization with the sole purpose of giving me free stuff. 

It's not like Prime Access and the existing marketplace don't make them any money at all. Prime Vault is enforced artificial scarcity, which they in turn sell themselves directly for cash (including some plat, even) which makes any semblance of a truly player-driven marketplace. When you take control of the invisible hand, it's no longer a free market.

Note that I'm using the Vauban Prime profile icon, which is only one of several Prime Access packages I've purchased; I spend plenty on the game. Having Prime Parts removed and then sold again later for cash drives me crazy, especially if they are going to pick and choose what they are going to unvault each time (Mag Prime's pack was missing the exclusive sugatra). There are plenty of other methods they could use besides artificial scarcity and they would still make a fortune. The marketplace revamp was a good start, making some bundles actually worth it, like the Forma Bundle (you get 3 for 35, one is 20). 

I'm not opposed to microtransactions or a structured scheme for making money in a game at all. I'm both ashamed and not ashamed to say I've spent in excess of $10,000 across all the games I have ever played, and some do the marketplace well and some are nearly abusive. Prime Access is something I like as a customer; it's regular and consistent and is always a value because of the included plat. Prime Vault is something that makes me crazy as a customer because it's artificial manipulation of the marketplace, and they additionally set different values for what should be the same thing (Mag Prime and Frost Prime included different amounts of plat, yet cost the same, and as noted above, Mag Prime was missing the sugatra).

I don't expect everyone to agree, but I am going to continue to leave my feedback about it when it gets discussed.  

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MultiRaptor said:

Why does Prime Vault still exist DE?

Don't you know the answer? The answer is Profit.

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

More vaulting... yay.

If anyone is interested, I've made a thread to discuss some solutions to the Vault, and hopefully we can get DE to notice and stop this madness!

Fair Primes for all tenno!

They have noticed your and every other Tenno thread about that matter. The fact that Prime Vault still exist is because later on they will unvault the stuff and sell it again for real money. No suggestion will be able to counter that

1 hour ago, Insizer said:

Has anyone ever mentioned to you how important it is to the in-game economy?

Also, thanks for the heads up @[DE]Drew

1 hour ago, kreftet said:

why? it helps the economy

and also makes the relics atleast a bit contained or els you would get like 100 kinds of relics or relics with to much content so rng will get ppl insane

Care to explain how it helps the economy?

Friendly reminder that we could have EVERY prime item in the game if DE wanted to spare the parts properly between the relics we have.

Pic is outdated but my point stands.

oEW1nrR.jpg

• Upvote 12

Why does Prime Vault still exist DE? Cmon, we have relic system now, why do you still do this?

to prevent the relic drop tables from becoming over crowded.

Prime Vault exist because not only is it good for the in-game market with its power to keep items worthy instead of overflow, but its also good money for DE with all the returning Prime item packs they can sell again and again. Not to mention the replay value they give when old sets return in-game again.

• Upvote 2

This announcement is interesting to say the least.

Usually these threads are titled "Last chance to get [Insert Prime Name Here]".

Are we doing something different this year, DE?

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

12 minutes ago, 45neo said:

to prevent the relic drop tables from becoming over crowded.

There are still duplicates on most "live" relics. Even when we had keys and rotations, multiple parts were spread over different keys. Some things were on once, usually a high tier C rotation, and other common or uncommon parts were on as much as 4 times.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)rocketstar31 said:

What stuff is gonna get temporarily unvaulted? My bet's on Ember or Loki :)

Quote me.

Ember Prime and Frost Prime. It's already been teased on console (whether intentional or not).

1 hour ago, Khorroden said:

Vaulting Primes even after the Relic system was introduced? Weird...

1 hour ago, Irorone said:

Prime Vault is here to stay because it makes DE money in what they deem to be a fair and balanced way. Nova Prime has been out for two years, which is frankly long enough. Primes are supposed to awesome and mysterious, not mundane and commonplace. It makes veterans feel good that they were able to pick thinks up before they were made harder to get. The market crashes if everyone is trying to sell but no one around needs to buy

Need I go on? DE has lots of little reasons. And above all, they have the ultimate trump reason: "because we said so, that's why". Not everybody likes the existence of Zariman kids, but DE said they wanted them in, so they're in

(inb4 "white knight")

Edited by TARINunit9

As much as I hate it too, I REALLY don't want diluted Relic pools. Cuz that's what would happen.

2 minutes ago, BAY35 said:

As much as I hate it too, I REALLY don't want diluted Relic pools. Cuz that's what would happen.

The existing relic pools are still diluted, just like keys were. Vaulting the relics along with the parts at least makes it so the drop tables on the relics you do have don't change, unlike before when every rotation changed at once, but meh. There's room, just like there was with keys; perhaps even more so because it's relic-specific. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

The existing relic pools are still diluted, just like keys were. Vaulting the relics along with the parts at least makes it so the drop tables on the relics you do have don't change, unlike before when every rotation changed at once, but meh. There's room, just like there was with keys; perhaps even more so because it's relic-specific. 

I just don't get why they don't spread all the parts of each prime access across only 4-5 relics instead of 12-13, and then do away with traces. That way running in a group you will have a better chance of getting a new PA part you don't have, while still making the rares hard to get.

10 minutes ago, BAY35 said:

I just don't get why they don't spread all the parts of each prime access across only 4-5 relics instead of 12-13, and then do away with traces. That way running in a group you will have a better chance of getting a new PA part you don't have, while still making the rares hard to get.

Money

The longer people play the more likely they are to "pay 2 hurry".

• Upvote 1

So much disappointment towards prime stuff recently...

First, they spoil the next prime access to players sniff i hate it so much sniff

And the vaulting of soma prime and nova prime for "dissolving" void keys eh i mean relics. Void 2.0 didn't fix anything then. 

Edited by Stoner74
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

So much disappointment towards prime stuff recently...

First, they spoil the next prime access to players sniff i hate it so much sniff

And the vaulting of soma prime and nova prime for "dissolving" void keys eh i mean relics. Void 2.0 didn't fix anything then. 

Sadly to the surprise of almost no one.  The relic refinement process was the only thing that changed the RNG and that could've been applied to void keys just as easily as relics.