[DE]Drew

New Items are entering Prime Vault!

Hey @[DE]Drew can you tell the twitter people to correct their post regarding the Nova vaulting. For some reason they said "retire" instead of vaulting and my clan has been spamming me with freak-out messages that Nova is gone for ever. Not sure if it had an impact anywhere else. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

1 hour ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

When you take control of the invisible hand, it's no longer a free market.

Who said the market has to be free? They're certainly within their rights to influence the prices if they want.

Really DE? Before you brought out the new Relic system you said key saturation was the main reason we had Prime Vault and yet you guys still do this. Lying to your player base is annoying, also Prime prices are pretty reiridiculous, $150 bucks for a prime frame and 2 new weapons; remind me to spend that cash on Titan Fall 2, Call of Duty, AND Battlefield 1.

• Upvote 2

Are we only sure Valkyr Prime, Cernos Prime and Venka Prime will be the next PA ? personally, i think Banshee Prime will be the next because Banshee has been released before Nekros, Nekros Prime is released before Banshee Prime for Have 2 males Primes (Vauban and Nekros), and the next 2 Primes Frames must be (if DE followed in the same way) females Primes, Banshee and Valkyr, so i think Valkyr Prime, Cernos Prime and Venka Prime will released in 2017 and Banshee Prime this year, bu i can be wrong (i hope no, because i like Banshee and it's very strange Valkyr Prime have the same powers than Valkyr because i've previously understand than DE have said Valkyr Prime will be different than the Valkyr frame cause Alad-V experiences on Valkyr and no experiences on the Prime variant, if i've correctly understand).

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Crazy_Mr_J said:

Are we only sure Valkyr Prime, Cernos Prime and Venka Prime will be the next PA ? personally, i think Banshee Prime will be the next because Banshee has been released before Nekros, Nekros Prime is released before Banshee Prime for Have 2 males Primes (Vauban and Nekros), and the next 2 Primes Frames must be (if DE followed in the same way) females Primes, Banshee and Valkyr, so i think Valkyr Prime, Cernos Prime and Venka Prime will released in 2017 and Banshee Prime this year, bu i can be wrong (i hope no, because i like Banshee and it's very strange Valkyr Prime have the same powers than Valkyr because i've previously understand than DE have said Valkyr Prime will be different than the Valkyr frame cause Alad-V experiences on Valkyr and no experiences on the Prime variant, if i've correctly understand).

They did the same thing with Nova prime around the same time of the year. This is why i'm so mad at DE because she seem "rushed" just to be released around christmas. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Who said the market has to be free? They're certainly within their rights to influence the prices if they want.

If they were purely the seller and we were purely the buyers, just from the marketplace, that's fine. But running a player peer-to-peer trading system and then making artificial scarcity a factor, is what is not cool in my opinion. Plat should have a value roughly correlated to it's cost in cash in order to maintain a stable market. Manipulating the ebb and flow of items on purpose changes the prices of items external to the player demand for them, meaning your part or your plat are not worth what they were yesterday or possibly what it will be tomorrow. It's just not good to have so many factors at play when you want people to invest money directly for plat. It creates a shaky ground for people who buy plat on purpose to purchase goods. 

Trion's games are a good example of this: Rift and ArcheAge have REX/APEX which offer a fixed amount of credits at a fixed cost, and then can be sold in game. Thusly, the inflationary or, rarely, deflationary impact of the changing value of gold/plat (the virtual currency) is mitigated and people buying REX/APEX to sell are fairly guaranteed to get a predictable return which can be calculated on demand.  Their other game, Trove, has an in-game marketplace for peer-to-peer trading but also has a store for buying things with credits (the cash-backed currency). Because there is no stabilizing item, the value for in game items compared to in game currency compared to credits is always skewed. It makes someone who wants to be a stable credit seller insane to do so, because you cannot guarantee any return on your investment whatsoever. For the credit:currency ratio, it swings as widely as 10:1 to over 100:1. Buy the wrong item with your credits, and your credits were worth 1/10th what they could have been, and this demand changes along with the ebb and flow of the release and vaulting of items, just like it does here. It also provides no cushion against wild inflation of the game currency, which makes your buyers buying via in-game currency angry as well, when it costs 300K currency today, and the next time you need it it's 600K, but if you had bought it for real money it would have been the same price both times.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Crazy_Mr_J said:

They're skipping over Banshee in the order despite saying they wouldn't. Valkyr Prime data is already in the client and was in the codex, and Banshee is not. They did the same thing with Nova due to demand and passed over the correct frame at the time, and then said they'd not do it again. They're doing it again. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

So unvault Rhino or Loki Prime. Players earned this for losing so good frame from relics. If you are going to vault frames starting from those most useful - looks like Saryn Prime will be next...

Frost and Ember are the ones that are coming back. This was said on one of DE's livestreams.

EDIT ONE - I've noticed a decent amount of people *still* complaining about the prime vault, and as to why it's still around, it's there because it keeps the in-game economy from being flooded, and to keep revenue up for DE. And yes, I know there are going to be people who say this is a cheap tactic on DE's side, but from a business standpoint, it's actually really smart. DE has to earn money to keep developing the game, to pay it's employees, pay bills/taxes, etc. You'd be surprised how much money is needed to run a business like DE.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia
Added an explaination as to why the prime vault still exists.

9 minutes ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

Frost and Ember are the ones that are coming back. This was said on one of DE's livestreams.

EDIT ONE - I've noticed a decent amount of people *still* complaining about the prime vault, and as to why it's still around, it's there because it keeps the in-game economy from being flooded, and to keep revenue up for DE. And yes, I know there are going to be people who say this is a cheap tactic on DE's side, but from a business standpoint, it's actually really smart. DE has to earn money to keep developing the game, to pay it's employees, pay bills/taxes, etc. You'd be surprised how much money is needed to run a business like DE.

They make quite a bit from the Prime Access itself and from plat purchases for trading. Vaulting is purely forcing artificial scarcity to manipulate the players into purchasing it instead of farming it while it's back for a limited time. It is slightly better now with the relic system, since you now only have to farm the relics and not the parts, but that doesn't guarantee you'll get what you want out of your relics later. There were many duplicated slots in the rotations for keys, and there are still multiple relics in full rotation (i.e. not for vaulted items) that have duplicates. There is no drop table dilution other than the dilution they are imposing, while telling us it's to prevent dilution. It's counter-intuitive at best, and it does make me cranky even as a frequent Prime Access purchaser. This is especially the case, like with Mag Prime, when the Prime Vault package doesn't even include everything from the 'set'. 

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain to me, is the items getting vaulted or is the relics they're contained in getting vaulted? So will the relics that contain those items stop dropping as rewards or will those relics just have those items removed from them and replaced by other rewards? Also, if it is the relics that are getting vaulted and I still have those relics after they are vaulted, will they still possibly drop the vaulted items if sealed? Do the other possible items the vaulted relics contain, that weren't vaulted items get moved to other relics? Sorry for what may seem like stupid questions, but I am new this whole vaulting thing.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

This announcement is interesting to say the least.

Usually these threads are titled "Last chance to get [Insert Prime Name Here]".

Are we doing something different this year, DE?

It's not your last chance.

With the vault opening twice now and with the fact that obtained Relics aren't removed, you still have opportunity to obtain the vaulted prime items. Before it was, "that's it, you're done until we bring them back."

1 hour ago, 3thereal said:

Really DE? Before you brought out the new Relic system you said key saturation was the main reason we had Prime Vault and yet you guys still do this. Lying to your player base is annoying, also Prime prices are pretty reiridiculous, $150 bucks for a prime frame and 2 new weapons; remind me to spend that cash on Titan Fall 2, Call of Duty, AND Battlefield 1.

Do people forget that platinum comes with the Prime Access packs? For f*cks sake, yes, $150 is a lot of money, BUT you're getting almost $200 worth in JUST plat, plus profile icons, prime accessories, AND the new primes. Good lord people.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)KC9EYE said:

Can someone explain to me, is the items getting vaulted or is the relics they're contained in getting vaulted? So will the relics that contain those items stop dropping as rewards or will those relics just have those items removed from them and replaced by other rewards? Also, if it is the relics that are getting vaulted and I still have those relics after they are vaulted, will they still possibly drop the vaulted items if sealed? Do the other possible items the vaulted relics contain, that weren't vaulted items get moved to other relics? Sorry for what may seem like stupid questions, but I am new this whole vaulting thing.

The change from keys to relics makes it so that the items are unavailable and the relics that provide them are no longer available. If you farm the relics now, you can still get vaulted parts later from those relics. That wasn't the case with keys, because all of the drop tables were instantly changed when something was vaulted and they were totally unobtainable when not unvaulted.

I would recommend finding which relics contain the items you are still chasing or that you are wanting to speculate with, and then target farming those relics heavily over the remaining time. You don't have to run the relics now like we used to have to do with marathon void runs right before things were vaulted. It's one of the nicer aspects of the relic system.

Oh boy. Time for the QQing over one overrated fanbae frame going away to make room for another overrated fanbae frame. 

Meanwhile, Banshee's watching from the sidelines jaded, wondering if she'll ever see the prime love she's due.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, (XB1)KC9EYE said:

The vaulted relics will no longer be farmable, but the items they contain will remain, allowing you to farm said primes after they're vaulted, which is nice. The only trade off is that every new Prime Access brings NEW relics that you have to farm to even be able to get the new primes.

2 minutes ago, BAY35 said:

Do people forget that platinum comes with the Prime Access packs? For f*cks sake, yes, $150 is a lot of money, BUT you're getting almost $200 worth in JUST plat, plus profile icons, prime accessories, AND the new primes. Good lord people.

Watch out, you are going to start the fight over the value of platinum - it's not $200 worth because no one ever buys it without a 75% coupon! :crylaugh:

P.S. - I've done multiple sets of analyses on the "worth" of Prime Access - they're in my posting history. This was a tongue-in-cheek post but this is a very real fight that happens every new PA thread.

Edited by Llewellyn_Lionheart
Added PS

Just now, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

Watch out, you are going to start the fight over the value of platinum - it's not $200 worth because no one ever buys it without a 75% coupon! :crylaugh:

I understand that, but that IS what DE sells it for. So that IS its market price.

2 minutes ago, SpaceBad said:

Oh boy. Time for the QQing over one overrated fanbae frame going away to make room for another overrated fanbae frame. 

Meanwhile, Banshee's watching from the sidelines jaded, wondering if she'll ever see the prime love she's due.

Yeah, I'm VERY salty about Valk bumping Banshee back. And really, ANOTHER d*mn Cernos? Venka are the only thing I'm hyped for. I really am hoping next PA is Banshee, Pyrana, and Kogake. Pyrana and Kogake were two VERY fun weapons to use, just fell off super early.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

How do use those coupons on the Xbox store. They don't work there. Always have to wait for a sale to buy plat. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)KC9EYE said:

How do use those coupons on the Xbox store. They don't work there. Always have to wait for a sale to buy plat. 

As far as I know, login coupons are exclusive to the Warframe website and they are PC only. The fact that you get plat sales on the consoles is the offset to this - plat is never directly discounted on PC (ignoring the "built in discount" shown on the webpage for buying greater quantities). 

Here's what the wiki says:

• Platinum discounts are not available on the PS4 and Xbox One version. However, in-game market discounts are available of 25%, 50% and 75% are obtainable through login rewards. They are single time use, last 48 hours, and don't apply to bundles.

So, you get coupons to lower the cost of the items, and plat is discounted periodically. We don't get coupons in the marketplace on PC. Items are only discounted via bundling or when there is a platform-wide marketplace sale on specific items or bundles.

54 minutes ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

They're skipping over Banshee in the order despite saying they wouldn't. Valkyr Prime data is already in the client and was in the codex, and Banshee is not. They did the same thing with Nova due to demand and passed over the correct frame at the time, and then said they'd not do it again. They're doing it again. 

It really is a calculated risk they're taking. If Valkyr would had to have displaced any other frame with a moderate player base, the complaints they'd have raised would cause enough bad blood for them to not risk it. Then again, the only reason Banshee's skipped again is because the sheer potential profit Valkyr can bring compared to Banshee as a Christmas PA would have meant they'd have lost so much money if they went with Banshee. Now they only have to deal with the disgruntled fans of a frame that barely has a fanbase anyway, so there's basically on real drawback.

What I'm curious about is whether Banshee P gets pushed back yet again in 3 months because her frame is too similar to Bardframe's and DE doesn't want Banshee to steal her thunder when she's released.