[DE]Drew

New Items are entering Prime Vault!

Well as you can see, vaulting a prime is the way to keep supply and demand in check. Without the vault things like primed continuity or primed flow would be the only thing that selling at this point. valuable frames that coast a lot like ember or frost are higher on demand. just saying war frames trading market might actually crash depending on how people take it. but if you look at it this way. There are normally 6 primes in a single rotation. Vaulting the vaulted primes would make the game practically unplayable. We all love war frame very much, and if this were to happen a lot of people would be upset. the game would get super bloated with not only current items in the vault and rotation but as well for the future. younger players will have there time to collect primes at a good pace as well. Now on to the reason of why valkyr and not banshee. They are both very powerful frames to learn off of. With Christmas coming up it would be good not to have banshee. Its still gonna happen don't worry. They did this to allow ease on the player economy. each time a prime is vaulted and introduced the market tends to only sell those two primes for a short term. this also keeps the supply and demand in check as well. with frost and ember being unvaulted it would almost hing the market. I agree due to release yes i agree banshee should be next but with the holiday season coming up i can see why they did valkyr instead. Just note all of the frames have a potential of being great. that you shouldn't over look any of them. 

On 11/15/2016 at 11:52 AM, [DE]Drew said:

fc7c6bed7ecd768b7c6552d28afe49df.jpg

On November 22 at 11 a.m. ET, Nova Prime, Vasto Prime, and Soma Prime will enter the Prime Vault. If you already wield the power of these Primes, they will remain in your inventory. If you already hold the Relics in your Inventory that house these Primes, they will remain in your Inventory and you may continue to play them.

Tenno, you have one week left! Obtain the Relics before they are gone!

In the future can you please also list which relics are being retired? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I think it's still necessary to retire them " i don't like the system though"  it's just not necessary to burn yourself out by running all your relics 

running missions to get relics without removing older ones would make it frustrating to get the relics you need because the pool would be too large. 

its also frustrating how long you have to wait between un-vaultings and how limited the time you have. 

Edited by mike167890
just wanted to add 1 more point.

Seriously DE, with the relic system WHY do we still have the prime vault? I mean the whole point of the prime vault was to deal with the drop tables of the void keys, to keep them from getting cluttered. But now? NOW we have the relics. The only issue with them and unvaulting is "Where to get more relics?" or "So many relics now!" And that can easily be fixed by allowing us to use void traces to "reshape" the relic, to not make chances for parts higher but to change one lith to a different lith, admittedly it would be RNG but it is still a better solution than putting stuff in the vault...

And seriously, why aren't relics a common reward from the void?

I see people writing that is not fair for new players. Buy no,it should not affect the game. I started in August(2016) the game and I have some vaulted things,just because they don't retire the parts from people inventory.

And you might say that the prices of vaulted things are to high. Well you are right,but if you want the weapon or frame you can grind the ones you can obtain and sell them.

I will enjoy the Ember prime , though I haven't waited for Ember. And to get it after 4/5 months it's great. Some older players waited much longer.

And If new players will want nova. They can wait and enjoy meanwhile the new prime frame weapons.

On 11/15/2016 at 11:54 AM, MultiRaptor said:

Why does Prime Vault still exist DE? Cmon, we have relic system now, why do you still do this?

Still don't understand why it isn't just called the Relic Vault.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, danewgui2 said:

Still don't understand why it isn't just called the Relic Vault.

Because the only things in it have quite a bit of gilded bling.

3 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Because the only things in it have quite a bit of gilded bling.

But the gilded bling isn't being vaulted, its the relics that are being vaulted.

On 15/11/2016 at 4:55 PM, kreftet said:

why? it helps the economy

and also makes the relics atleast a bit contained or els you would get like 100 kinds of relics or relics with to much content so rng will get ppl insane

I was questioning it for a bit there but now u said that its very understandable, great point.

Edited by iamDDips

I think the prime vault was a good system, but i think its starting to get a tad bit crowded. I feel like if unvaulting happens more often but at the same time i dont want new primes to stop.

:/

2 hours ago, danewgui2 said:

But the gilded bling isn't being vaulted, its the relics that are being vaulted.

>_>

33 minutes ago, ninjadeboxers said:

Please DE release the umbras of the vaulted frames, so we dont have to use a slightly undergrade version

Thing about that is the umbras are supposed to be completely different takes on the same base frame.

Basically Umbra Excalibur will have a different power set then either base or prime excalibur, at least if previous statements are to be taken at base value.

Why dont put fang prime and paris prime in the vault? or at least remove it's part from so many relics. 

If "vaulting" helps the economy they could at least put those vaulted itens in their market for plat. This should control the high prices some player sell their stuff. Ember cost more than 1000plat, its insane.

Sheesh buying Prime Access/Prime Vaults must be their main source of income, or else they would have removed Vaulting after the relic system. 

58 minutes ago, Tripajones said:

Why dont put fang prime and paris prime in the vault? or at least remove it's part from so many relics. 

If "vaulting" helps the economy they could at least put those vaulted itens in their market for plat. This should control the high prices some player sell their stuff. Ember cost more than 1000plat, its insane.

Really?  I know that vaulted primes go for quite a bit but that's just crazy.

Just checked warframe market.......sigh.......these prices are STUPID.  The starting price on most of those sets are about 1k and up. That means that an ember prime set goes for about 12.50 roughly right now translated back to real money.

12.50$.....in a free to play game......for ONE item.

To put that in perspective, between founders and a single 75% coupon, I've purchased roughly ten thousand platinum.

The six sets of ember prime I have in my inventory ALONE are worth more than that.

It exists for the purpose of money squeezing, it's a cash grab, the clearest sign that traditional micro transactions AND Prime Access are not enough for them.

Why settle for having some of the money when you can have ALL of the money?

Edited by Artorius-Alter

I think removing Prime Accessories forever is a bad business choice.

I'm a new player (1 week into the game), and I plan to grind and collect EVERYTHING.

I love Nekros Prime set accessories, but there's no way in hell I'll buy Prime Accessories now and from now on, if I can't get the already released ones; if I can't have them all, I'll deal with not having any of them.

When DE unvaults a frame, they could just re-release the accessories for Premium, every sale would be money and no loss.

Aaaaand...Prime Accessories are not Excalibur Prime kind of mine field stuff, I think no one would get upset.

Not releasing again Prime Accessories would mean that only from my lack of purchase DE would lose more than € 1500 over time (over a content that has already been made and already in game), but maybe I'm not the only one sharing this mindset

Cant say that I like the vaulting of the primes either.

The 'it helps the economy' argument only really works for long term players, newer players just see a load of stuff they cant get access to without paying a high price for it. Which isnt good for a game that relies on players being a bit "gotta collect em all".

Whilst I can accept that you only want to have a current pool of so many relics in the existing rotation, thats only a problem because of the way things are set up at the moment. If the loot system is set up to allow the player to focus more on what they want then vaulting should be unnecessary.

For example, spy mission rewards are tiered, so lower level spy missions give one set of rewards, medium level and high level missions give different sets. Something similar could easily be done with relics.

Use the existing three tier breakdown for lith meso and neo relics, with no overlap, put axi relics in the void and stuff that has been vaulted on the derelicts.

Or, have a relic trader, i) trade in any three axi relics and get an axi relic you pick from a list. Or ii) trade in three lith relics get upgraded to a random meso relic.

Or use both approaches, it still relies on RNG but gives the player more opportunity to focus on what they actually need, which means the game can handle a greater variety of loot in the tables at any one point in time without increasing the amount of grind.

On 11/15/2016 at 6:55 PM, Khorroden said:

Vaulting Primes even after the Relic system was introduced? Weird...

Be thankful we can still farm the parts even when they are vaulted, because before the relic system it would be gone and unfarmable if we still used void keys, and there's also a chance that a prime comes out of the vault like what they did with Mag Prime.

24 minutes ago, Katkyn said:

Cant say that I like the vaulting of the primes either.

The 'it helps the economy' argument only really works for long term players, newer players just see a load of stuff they cant get access to without paying a high price for it. Which isnt good for a game that relies on players being a bit "gotta collect em all".

Whilst I can accept that you only want to have a current pool of so many relics in the existing rotation, thats only a problem because of the way things are set up at the moment. If the loot system is set up to allow the player to focus more on what they want then vaulting should be unnecessary.

For example, spy mission rewards are tiered, so lower level spy missions give one set of rewards, medium level and high level missions give different sets. Something similar could easily be done with relics.

Use the existing three tier breakdown for lith meso and neo relics, with no overlap, put axi relics in the void and stuff that has been vaulted on the derelicts.

Or, have a relic trader, i) trade in any three axi relics and get an axi relic you pick from a list. Or ii) trade in three lith relics get upgraded to a random meso relic.

Or use both approaches, it still relies on RNG but gives the player more opportunity to focus on what they actually need, which means the game can handle a greater variety of loot in the tables at any one point in time without increasing the amount of grind.

It's a way to get players to pay for plat, because it will take longer to just farm transient fortitude and just keep selling it for 50p everytime. And what do they use your money for? To bring new features into the game and make it more enjoyable. If we didn't give money then we would still be waiting for the war within patch to come out.

original.gif

On 15.11.2016 at 5:53 PM, DeltaPhantom said:

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the Prime Vault?

Im sorry for you, especially the Veterans tend to love it. Profit :D

30 minutes ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

Im sorry for you, especially the Veterans tend to love it. Profit :D

As a Veteran, I disagree.

• Upvote 2

On 15.11.2016 at 5:54 PM, MultiRaptor said:

Why does Prime Vault still exist DE? Cmon, we have relic system now, why do you still do this?

Because farming the relics for a new prime item would be a pain in the rear if all missions of the matched tiers would drop ALL relics EVER released. The droptables would be incredibly bloated.