[DE]Drew

New Items are entering Prime Vault!

52 minutes ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

Im sorry for you, especially the Veterans tend to love it. Profit :D

not anymore. As i've laid out in great detail before, if anything, the new relic system has murdered the values of all primes released while under the new system. The only incredibly overpriced ones are the ones that were already gone and don't have any relics associated with them in rotation (until they show up as drops again and then their price will be flushed too)

If you want to check out my arguments for why the prices are going down (and boy have they gone down for everyone but frost and ember) you can check my original post here:

22 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

The only incredibly overpriced ones are the ones that were already gone

It already has been like that. Even in the old Void; The rare items were either all sold or totally overpriced while the common parts where still for 5pl available at warframe.market.
The people who buy vaulted frames are not the ones who play at the moment, but the people who start playing later, so they also dont have those relics... Thats how it is.

But ill read your topic in a minute, so ill maybe update my post

Edited by --Q--DeineMudda

Just now, --Q--DeineMudda said:

It already has been like that. Even in the old Void; The rare items were either all sold or totally overpriced while the common parts where still for 5pl available at warframe.market.
The people who buy vaulted frames are not the ones who play at the moment, but the people who start playing later, so they also dont have those relics... Thats how it is.

even then there are SO many relics for those in rotation, their prices arent really going up. The worst they'll go to is like 200p for loki (and again if the vault keeps rotating in the background and eventually even gets faster, we'll keep them supplied because there are enough relics to supply all players for a LONG time)

7 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

their prices arent really going up. The worst they'll go to is like 200p for loki

i had my loki parts from the old void so yeah.

Other point: Why do you think is DE doing this? Vaulting.. For sure not because of too many relics in the rewardtables. They make profit because people buy the plat to buy the frames/parts plus the Prime Vault Acess. Or dont you agree?

€dit: The opportunity to farm those relics till the point they get vaulted are not taken by all players especially the maxed out players do it and of course the prices will go up after some time. If you think you make 500pl within the first weeks u are just thinking wrong...

1 minute ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

i had my loki parts from the old void so yeah.

Other point: Why do you think is DE doing this? Vaulting.. For sure not because of too many relics in the rewardtables. They make profit because people buy the plat to buy the frames/parts plus the Prime Vault Acess. Or dont you agree?

prime vault access is definitely a part of it, but let's face it, a LOT of people will buy the prime vault because its 60 bucks and gets them the 50 bucks prime accessories and 1200 platinum (which is 60 bucks worth of plat measured at the price of the normal 50$ bundle for 1000 plat)

Basically you're buying 20% more plat and you get the whole vault bundle as a bonus, including the prime accessories. Quite a sweet deal for people who dislike the prime accessories for 50 bucks alongside rather less usefull boosters instead of 1200 plat ^^)

AND with the new 30 day boosters released, hell you could literally get yourself the exact same 90 day boosters from a prime vault pack for the 1200 attached plat that you would've gotten in prime accessories. OR any OTHER actually USEFULL boosters (like resources or resource droprate)

For that deal to be possible tho you need vaulted items. Sooo yeah i'd say everyone profits there

6 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

Basically you're buying 20% more plat and you get the whole vault bundle as a bonus, including the prime accessories. Quite a sweet deal for people who dislike the prime accessories for 50 bucks alongside rather less usefull boosters instead of 1200 plat ^^)

And again i say: The people who buy the Prime Parts are not the people playing when the prime vault is available. The players who start playing later or are not Online in that time buy the Prime parts. They dont have access to the Vault anymore. ^^

6 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

For that deal to be possible tho you need vaulted items. Sooo yeah i'd say everyone profits there

Good so we share that opinion ^^

On 11/15/2016 at 11:54 AM, MultiRaptor said:

Why does Prime Vault still exist DE? Cmon, we have relic system now, why do you still do this?

Again, simple profit. If they slap things in the vault they can over-charge people for the items when they rerelease the items.

There is literally no reason to be vaulting items since relics released, especially considering how many relics have over lapping items and how many planets and nodes exist in the game.

2 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Again, simple profit. If they slap things in the vault they can over-charge people for the items when they rerelease the items.

There is literally no reason to be vaulting items since relics released, especially considering how many relics have over lapping items and how many planets and nodes exist in the game.

hmm petition to put relics on the planets that drop the normal warframe's parts? XD admittedly won't work for every frame but could help ease the rotation stress

4 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

hmm petition to put relics on the planets that drop the normal warframe's parts? XD admittedly won't work for every frame but could help ease the rotation stress

It would make more sense to make then drop from Dark Sectors. Each planet could drop different relics, and survival and defense could also drop different ones. There are more than enough different nodes to have enough relics to cover everything, especially if you remove duplicate parts from relics.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

It would make more sense to make then drop from Dark Sectors. Each planet could drop different relics, and survival and defense could also drop different ones. There are more than enough different nodes to have enough relics to cover everything, especially if you remove duplicate parts from relics.

well we DID have a mention that Eximus enemies were going to drop relics or pieces to craft relics eventually. Sitting in an Eximus Stronghold Sortie i end up thinking THAT'D BE GREAT RIGHT ABOUT NOW :D

On 11/15/2016 at 11:55 AM, Khorroden said:

Vaulting Primes even after the Relic system was introduced? Weird...

If they didn't the relic pool would be diluted. They didn't introduce the relics to eliminate the vault, they did it to give us a more focused way to farm what we wanted and decrease rng. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/11/2016 at 6:35 PM, Tendou_Souji said:

The Vault exists not because the staff has less of your interest, it's because they want to keep the same amount of relics in the drop tables so that rewards aren't oversaturated with too many possibilities, reducing the grind for the relics that will take its place.  Besides, you still have a chance to gather up some spare relics; they never remove spares you have already obtained.

Ty for this.

The problem with just throwing the primes in the relic system is that it would flood the drop tables. Each frame or weapon has three or more parts to collect, each relic has only six parts inside it. If we increase either the number of parts per relic or the number of relics we just make it harder on ourselves. Excluding trial and pvp, if DE were to put relics on ever mission type or node that would still only be 211 nodes or 14 mission types for possibly hundreds of relics.

A suggestion I do like is prime questing. Nothing fancy but it wouldn't affect the drop tables as the parts would only be available when in the quest. If the quest led up to the grind or the grind was the quest (each part tells a tale, opens a new area, progresses the story) it could work. I would consider using a system similar to the fragments instead of playing the message instantly upon getting the item. That way people could listen to the story in order rather then getting confused about which prime story you're listening to. It would be a similar format to some of the older quests but it would keep the incentive for prime access with grind. The only question would be replay-ability for trading.

30 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

The problem with just throwing the primes in the relic system is that it would flood the drop tables. Each frame or weapon has three or more parts to collect, each relic has only six parts inside it. If we increase either the number of parts per relic or the number of relics we just make it harder on ourselves. Excluding trial and pvp, if DE were to put relics on ever mission type or node that would still only be 211 nodes or 14 mission types for possibly hundreds of relics.

A suggestion I do like is prime questing. Nothing fancy but it wouldn't affect the drop tables as the parts would only be available when in the quest. If the quest led up to the grind or the grind was the quest (each part tells a tale, opens a new area, progresses the story) it could work. I would consider using a system similar to the fragments instead of playing the message instantly upon getting the item. That way people could listen to the story in order rather then getting confused about which prime story you're listening to. It would be a similar format to some of the older quests but it would keep the incentive for prime access with grind. The only question would be replay-ability for trading.

Take a peek upthread a bit - this was addressed. Multiple relics have multiple duplicates currently - if everything was made distinct it would not take nearly as many relics as people think at first blush. The issue then becomes where to consistently obtain the relics from, but right now with the tier system that is in place, that could be split apart to make sure there's still at least 2 places to find every relic, notwithstanding random ones that will now be rewarded in endless fissure missions. 

13 hours ago, FULLM3TALPR0 said:

It's a way to get players to pay for plat, because it will take longer to just farm transient fortitude and just keep selling it for 50p everytime. And what do they use your money for? To bring new features into the game and make it more enjoyable. If we didn't give money then we would still be waiting for the war within patch to come out.

original.gif

Sorry, cant really agree.

Im all for DE making a profit and I hope that players buying platinum goes some way towards achieving this. But that shouldnt require parts of the game to be cut out and made available only to players prepared to spend real money.

1) Warframe always used to pride itself on having all content that mattered (ie warframes and weapons) available to any/every player who was prepared to put the time and effort in. Nothing important was hidden behind a paywall.

Vaulting primes changes that, and whilst it was necessary when it was originally brought in, (due to loot table overload,) I suspect it is now continued simply because DE hasnt considered it a high enough priority to fix as yet. (Maybe they will now that war within is out.)

2) The pool of vaulted prime parts is limited by definition, and barring the occasional unvaulting, continually diminishing. This drives up prices and there is no alternative way to obtain those parts through normal play, even with the usual grinding. Trading, usually with platinum is the only option. This mostly benefits long term players at the expense of newer players. Whilst DE are keen on player to player trading, they have never seemed to me to be keen on ripping off any players, new or otherwise for their own advantage, so I doubt that this is part of their business plan. (If it were, we would find the vaulted primes available in the market to purchase.)

3) Sure they have to run a business, turn a profit for the new owners etc. However there are options for DE to make money that dont revolve around high price prime part trades.Having bought (and spent) a load of platinum at various times, without buying any prime access packs, warframes or weapons, prime or otherwise, I can vouch for there being more than enough cosmetics and account upgrades for people to buy if they feel the urge to help DE's finances.

4) As indicated earlier, it shouldnt even be that big a change to fix.

11 hours ago, Katkyn said:

Sorry, cant really agree.

Im all for DE making a profit and I hope that players buying platinum goes some way towards achieving this. But that shouldnt require parts of the game to be cut out and made available only to players prepared to spend real money.

1) Warframe always used to pride itself on having all content that mattered (ie warframes and weapons) available to any/every player who was prepared to put the time and effort in. Nothing important was hidden behind a paywall.

Vaulting primes changes that, and whilst it was necessary when it was originally brought in, (due to loot table overload,) I suspect it is now continued simply because DE hasnt considered it a high enough priority to fix as yet. (Maybe they will now that war within is out.)

2) The pool of vaulted prime parts is limited by definition, and barring the occasional unvaulting, continually diminishing. This drives up prices and there is no alternative way to obtain those parts through normal play, even with the usual grinding. Trading, usually with platinum is the only option. This mostly benefits long term players at the expense of newer players. Whilst DE are keen on player to player trading, they have never seemed to me to be keen on ripping off any players, new or otherwise for their own advantage, so I doubt that this is part of their business plan. (If it were, we would find the vaulted primes available in the market to purchase.)

3) Sure they have to run a business, turn a profit for the new owners etc. However there are options for DE to make money that dont revolve around high price prime part trades.Having bought (and spent) a load of platinum at various times, without buying any prime access packs, warframes or weapons, prime or otherwise, I can vouch for there being more than enough cosmetics and account upgrades for people to buy if they feel the urge to help DE's finances.

4) As indicated earlier, it shouldnt even be that big a change to fix.

If you were a dedicated gamer then youll be able to make 450p no problem, simply put there are more ways to make plat than meets the eye.

On 11/15/2016 at 7:58 PM, (XB1)rocketstar31 said:

If somethings going in, what's coming out?

Valkyr Prime, Cernos Prime and Venka Prime

On 11/15/2016 at 10:54 AM, MultiRaptor said:

Why does Prime Vault still exist DE? Cmon, we have relic system now, why do you still do this?

I don't understand your comment about relic system. What in the world does that have to do with prime vaults?

It's clear why prime vault exists. Scarcity drives up prices.

Why are you still doing this? Greasiest way to make money in the game by far. I have every prime so no, I'm not just whining because I can't have the stuffs.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)XenoDaft said:

Has Volt Prime Accessory pack been unvaulted yet?

Volt Prime? You mean Valkyr Prime?